Mens Tennis Forums banner

2012 US Open final win, a departure from the expected norm?

• Yes I think so

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • Nope, plenty more of that to come

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • Far too early to tell

Votes: 21 25.9%

Is Murrays 2012 US Open final victory over Novak starting to look like an anomaly?

6K views 119 replies 66 participants last post by  Topspindoctor 
#1 ·
Kuados to Murray for reaching all these slam finals, he definately deserved a title and was no fluke but the result of hard work and consistency..but I don't really see it happening again.

Thoughts?

#8 ·

Reactions: Topspindoctor
#12 ·
No, Murray's slam was well-deserved as well as his gold medal. He's gonna be Nole's maximum rival in the present-future. I think he's going to win at least 1-2 slams a year.

#78 ·
lol what rivalry?

if djokovic hadn't choked that 1st set away, the scoreline today would've been something like 6-3 6-3 6-2

djokovic has nothing to fear about murray under normal playable conditions. Quite frankly if I was him, I'd be more fearful of a healthy del potro in RG and USO

#14 ·
Don't be so fucking stupid. Anomaly? He has beaten Djokovic more than enough times and competed with him better than any other player, so you're talking utter wank.

#50 ·
He has beaten Djokovic more than enough times and competed with him better than any other player, so you're talking utter wank.
Murray has a negative H2H against Novak, Nadal and Federer have a positive. So how has he competed with him better than any other player?

#19 ·
No, typhoons are normal.

#117 ·
The hatred for Murray is ridiculous. Just proves how good Murray is now that many, many threadson here are dedicated to him, just to have a dig.
No, you're wrong.

What "proves how good Murray is now" is his tournament record in tennis, and his level of play: he NOW has a 1:6 major final ratio, having lost two of the last three he played in. He played two Masters finals in 2012, losing both to Djokovic. He won an Olympic Gold medal recently, though. So, "how good he is now" is pretty good, but, I imagine, not nearly as good as you think he is.

#27 ·
Although obviously completely absurd, this thread is at least good to weed out the hypocrites on this forum ie people who will bash this thread but agree with this one started by the very same OP (or the other way round): http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=195898

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.