Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafachat - Vol. 80: Another great year for our great champion! :D

261K views 5K replies 75 participants last post by  MariaV 
#1 · (Edited)
Yes, it is time for this thread to make a strong comeback after suffering in the hands of a rabid Fedtard and sworn Nadal hater :)rolleyes:) for months.

as it is time for Rafito :)hearts: :kiss:) to make his strong comeback after suffering from serious injuries for so many many months :)sobbing:).

According to the information available at this point, Rafa is competing in Vina del Mar next week. His first match will be on Wednesday February 6th at 6pm local time* :bigclap:

*11pm for us Andreea and Maria (the rest of you can figure it out yourselves :p)

#4,729 ·
3 hours of The Wolf of Wall Street after NewYear. :help: But has to be done I reckon. I know A. will kick my butt again for complaining, so I'll try to be brave. :angel:

What do people think of Rush, the Lauda and Hunt story, it's in our theatres now. Keanu's 47 Ronin after Xmas. *dedicated to Hilde* :)

#4,730 ·
Don't know about the rest (I don't really keep up with movie news all that much but)
Keanu's 47 Ronin after Xmas.
:bounce:

Too bad that I don't like to eat popcorn because the PopCon seems like excellent entertainment.

[mini-rant]
However, I'd like to give a FU while showing my middle finger to all those thumping on their chest, claiming to be the only Nadal fan defending him on GM or the only one who remained loyal to him through the bad times (yes, I'm looking at you, PopCon finalist) or others pointing at Johnny whateverhisusernameisnow as the one Nadal fan who knows about tennis (whereas in fact, he's just good as sucking up to certain people).
[/mini-rant]​

...and breathe....

*think happy thoughts, Hilde, happy thoughts*
Keanu :inlove:

#4,731 ·
:lol: Yes Hilde, happy thoughts are much better. I've stopped fighting in GM long ago. We're here and we know that, we've been with Rafa all the time, let the others think what they want. I don't even read the garbage in GM. :D

LOL you mean Johnny Groove?

#4,732 ·
LOL you mean Johnny Groove?
Yes, the only decent Nadal fan on MTF after Karin, Fedal #1, left.

Well, that's beside GSMNadal, that is. The one, the only true defender of Rafael Nadal, the only one who was loyal to *snif* Rafael Nadal when he was down and out...

Hmmm...my zen posture isn't working. :(

Let me try somebody else then:

*happy thoughts, happy thoughts*

#4,746 ·
Regularly, I go to my sister's family home to share a meal. They have a cat and I'm very allergic to cats (bring me into contact with a cat and I'm ill - quite ill, stuck in bed with a fever,... - for at least a week? Cats create havoc with my immune system).

So, each and every time, they lock the cat out of the living room/dining area. (don't worry, the cat still has plenty of space in the house to walk around in and he can walk outside through a cat flap).

Recently, though, the cat has started to walk himself out. He sees me, stares at me for a bit (you can almost hear him think "Oh, it's her again :rolleyes: " and he walks to the door to be let out.)

Occassionaly, he'll stroll to one of the windows of the living room to check if I'm still there: "Yup, still there *sigh*..she is aware that I live here, right? :("

Found this on twitter:

:D

#4,913 ·
Recently, though, the cat has started to walk himself out. He sees me, stares at me for a bit (you can almost hear him think "Oh, it's her again :rolleyes: " and he walks to the door to be let out.)

Occassionaly, he'll stroll to one of the windows of the living room to check if I'm still there: "Yup, still there *sigh*..she is aware that I live here, right? :("
:lol:

I have read it. :)

I would agree indeed. The non-Stephanie Plum book (the heist) was terrible. I don't know what happened there but there was no charm, no chemistry between the two main characters,... The new Stephanie Plum book is better.

Takedown Twenty follows the same old recipe so there are zero surprises in it but it's a fun and easy read about those characters again: Lula (a favorite character of mine), grandma Mazur, Ranger (I prefer Ranger to Morelli)
Absolutely it's formulaic but I was worried it would be awful like that other non-Stephanie book. I'm glad it followed the format and was a nice quick read.

I did that once. Embarrassing to arrive on my slippers. Luckily, there were nice looking slippers but still...

I never wear slippers and therefore have never had that problem. Once when I was really young (and don't remember this), we were moving to a new house and my dad packed all - and I mean all - of my mom's shoes. Of course, the boxes of shoes were at the farthest end of the packed truck. So she had to go to the lawyer's office to finalize the paperwork for the new house in her slippers.

I never understood the fascination with NYC :scratch:

Although considering the American other cities maybe people have a point....:eek:

The pics were gorgeous, though :p
I like American cities. Maybe it's because they're my neighbours and I've visited many of their cities throughout my life, one major one in particular that I consider my American "home." I don't have much experience with European cities, but I like our North American ones. While they may not be as old or prestigious as some European ones, they have a culture all their own.

Beautiful pictures, JM, as usual!

#4,748 ·
:p

she's a nice looking cat, though.

There's a European summit (again) but this time, the police are more edgy than usual. They're checking each and every car that passes within a certain distance from the European area of the city for bombs and stuff + individual searches. Never seen them this edgy before.

#4,750 ·
I've been in love with Ruben ever since I laid eyes on him in the Hopman Cup.

#4,753 ·
Apparently Mong Mong associates with Rafachat too. Tough times for you mate.

#4,752 ·
I saw him play in DC once. I wanted to see Xavier play but in the end, I was glad to be able to watch Ruben in action.

By the way, I was just looking up Ruben Bemelmans who retweeted the following:
Alan Garner ‏@WolfpackAlan 13 december
The reason why women will never be the ones to propose is because as soon as she gets on her knees, he will start unzipping his pants

#4,757 ·
Un bar doit payer 9 000 euros d’amende pour un verre rapporté au comptoir

"Vers minuit trente, une cliente a rapporté un plateau. Elle est passée par le comptoir pour aller aux toilettes. C'est là que tout a basculé. Mon mari s'est fait plaquer contre la vitre par un homme. Une femme s'est jetée sur moi en me montrant une carte tricolore. C'est là que j'ai compris que c'était un contrôle de l'Urssaf. Ils m'ont dit que j'étais prise en flagrant délit de travail dissimulé. Ils considéraient que les clients se comportaient comme des serveurs."

http://bigbrowser.blog.lemonde.fr/2...s-damende-pour-un-verre-rapporte-au-comptoir/
:rolls:

#4,758 ·
I had to google what URSSAF is.

How's your toothache, H.? :hug: :hug:
Honestly, there's not actual pain with all the painkillers and anesthesia but still feels like a torture chair. :tape: Must be me. Btw my dentist is super nice too and one of the best qualified here.

#4,759 · (Edited)
toothache is still there but it's been better these last two days than how it was last Tuesday so the urge to maim somebody has subsided. :)

1,5 hours of operating? local or general anaesthesia? I hope everything will be fine because who wants an infections around Christmas time? (well not that it's fun at any time but still...)

On twitter, the Shire North Police (somewhere in Scotland if I'm not mistaken) said that one of their sergeants promised to tweet a picture of himself wearing a Santa hat on patrol if they get 20 more followers by Friday.
I asked them if he's going to wear only a Santa hat or not (a matter of knowing if it's worth to follow the Shire North police on twitter).
---> hmppff...they haven't answered me. How rude.

#4,760 ·
toothache is still there but it's been better these last two days than how it was last Tuesday so the urge to maim somebody has subsided. :)

1,5 hours of operating? local or general anaesthesia? I hope everything will be fine because who wants an infections around Christmas time? (well not that it's fun at any time but still...)
Good. :hug: Just wanted to say I can understand.
Yep. :tape: :help: Local anaesthesia & a painkiller, plus now antibiotics for 5 days. :tape:
I really hope all will be OK. :)

On twitter, the Shire North Police (somewhere in Scotland if I'm not mistaken) said that one of their sergeants promised to tweet a picture of himself wearing a Santa hat on patrol if they get 20 more followers by Friday.
I asked them if he's going to wear only a Santa hat or not (a matter of knowing if it's worth to follow the Shire North police on twitter).
---> hmppff...they haven't answered me. How rude.
:lol: Nauhgty Hilde. :devil: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.