Mens Tennis Forums banner

Friday OoP & Scores

6K views 260 replies 21 participants last post by  Baghdatis72 
#1 ·
The Quarter-finals

CENTRE COURT starts at 13:00 noon

Jarkko NIEMINEN (FIN) v Marc GICQUEL (FRA)
followed by
Philipp KOHLSCHREIBER (GER) v James BLAKE (USA)
not before 5:30 pm
Marcos BAGHDATIS (CYP) v Florian MAYER (GER)

COURT 1 start at 15:30

Martin DAMM (CZE) / Leander PAES (IND) v Simon ASPELIN (SWE) / Julian KNOWLE (AUT)

PS: Tomas Berdych into semi-final w.o Mikhail Youzhny

#2 ·
Re: Friday (06/15/2007) OoP & Scores

Nice. Jarkko will open the day. Maybe I have to leave work early to see that game. Quite Interesting that Nieminen/Lindstedt - Santoro/Zimonjic is not in tomorrows schedule.

If Jarkko is victorious he will have 2 games on saturday and on sunday.

Good luck to Jarkko, Phillip and Marcos.

#3 ·
Re: Friday (06/15/2007) OoP & Scores

from the official website of Halle

Youzhny injured, Berdych first player in semi-finals

The 15th GERRY WEBER OPEN have come to an early end for Mikhail Youzhny after he suffered a back injury in his dramatic three-set victory over Simon Stadler in the second round.

The sixth seed is already on his way back to Moscow to receive further treatment. "That is a real pity," the world number 14 said. "I would have loved to win the title at the GERRY WEBER OPEN. I am very disappointed."

Youzhny has been in prime shape all year long. He won the tournament in Rotterdam and reached the finals in Munich and Dubai. His record of 32-12 makes him one of the most successful players of 2007. He is keen to return to Halle next year. "I want to make up for something I missed out on this year and that is winning this great tournament," he stated.

With Youzhny pulling out, Tomas Berdych became the first player to reach the final four. The 2006 GERRY WEBER OPEN finalist is among the favourites to lift the trophy this time out.

get well soon Mikhail :wavey: :hug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.