Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

159K views 5K replies 24 participants last post by  Lee 
#1 ·
New chat thread! That last one went by so quick!!

Reactions: Alaricus
#40 ·
oh new thread, this is why it was quiet in the old thread :p

did you like Aisha, Raquel? the little lion cub :hearts:

she bites star's fingers when she's on laptop

#44 ·
Suits about the lawyers

we know someone who loves it too - also because of the main characters :lol:

i just watched football, did you know Portugal won 2-1 in Lux, and have more of it to come.... plus Sharapova v Aza - deep into the final set

other than that i'm feeling a bit unwell tonight, i over ate at dinner

#46 ·
Who else likes suits?

Portugal played so bad, Mikey. Disgraceful. Still, 3 points is what we needed. Imagine Portugal no qualifying for the world cup IN BRAZIL!!

What did you have for dinner? Coke with maltesers? :p

I said Arizona is Republican territory, a bit different from Arizona is Republican, you know.
:unsure: You know what I meant.

The presidential election is quite complicated in US, I have to admit. Base on population, each state has a certain number of electoral votes for president. Click the following link

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/namerica/usstates/electorl.gif

Each voter in each state will pick a candidate and whoever wins the popular votes in each state will have all the electoral vote from that state. Therefore, it is possible the candidate winning the overall popular votes may not be the president, like Al Gore's lost to George W. Bush in 2000.
I understand it now. But why is it this way? wouldn't it just be simpler to count all votes and see who got more? :eek:

#59 ·
Mass is generally democrat.

fewer states are most often democrat. Southern states used to be solidly democratic, but that was a hold over from the Civil War. Abraham Lincoln was a Republican and the Republicans controlled the government in the aftermath of the war. Voting democrat was a way of voting against the government and it stayed that way until the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 60s. At that time the southern states begin to have more republicans because the northern democrats supported civil rights. The trend continued because southerners tend to be conservative and today, the south is generally republican.

#63 ·
:lol: Hubby's little team of 4 here have the understanding that no political discussion as one is a staunch Republican, one a Democrat to her bone while hubby and the other guy have no political party affiliation. Serious trouble within the team if politics are touched ;) Also, the Republican guy said that in order to maintain any form of harmony within the family, he and his siblings can't discuss any political issues.

#64 ·
:lol: In Portugal, it ain't a family if you don't discuss politics at the table every once in a while. Sure people fight, but then they just forget.

That Ancic article was amazing. I was really impressed. He is impressive!

“There are a bunch of guys like Roger who are older than me and still playing at a championship level,” Ancic said. “But everyone has their own story, and I’m really happy with mine.”
So smart and mature!

#72 ·
Most are born in the spring, no?

I will research.

:lol:

In 2006, the most recent year for which statistics are available, August had the most U.S. births, just as it did in 10 of the previous 16 years, with the CDC estimating that 9 percent of all births occurred then. February had the least.

August had the most births each year from 1990 to 2006 except for six years (1992, 1993, 1997, 1998, 2003 and 2004) when it was edged out by July, according to National Center for Health Statistics.

Historically, the sweltering, late-summer months are when obstetricians witness an increase in the arrival of newborns

#81 ·
What happened star?

I'm guessing Berdych was arguing that the point shouldn't count because Murray losing his hat before the ball bounced twice (during the point) was distracting him. And Murray was just asking if he was sure, and then conceded the point and agreed to replay it?

Weird situation because Murray losing his hat is a good reason to argue, but then again Berdych couldn't get to that dropshot also.

#91 ·
omg. Wildegirl tries to get me to watch that all the time. She's always going on and on about it and how cute the men are.

1. I never watch lawyer shows -- they irritate me beyond my normal levels of irritation -- which means A LOT.

2. I'm not taken with the looks of the men on that show. Not at least, from what I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.