Dirty Richie: Clay Season 2013 - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #91
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

It will be very interesting to see Richard's reaction after this. How he reacts in Halle? If he won this and reached the QF, that would been massive and even facing Nadal who was the heavy favourite. I'm sure he would have been even that more confident heading into the Grass season!! I hope his team help him in this time and takes some days off and take a break!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #92
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dirty Richie: Clay Season 2013

Richard has suffered more in his life than losing a tennis match, he is much stronger than people and media give him credit for. His level of play and attitude were great, better serving at crucial moments would have done the job, but Wawrinka was outstanding.

I feel very sorry for Richard, as this QF would have meant a lot to him, but he has not been playing as well for a long time, if he takes that form with him on to grass, it will be huge. I have full confidence in his entourage to convey the right messages to him, though today there will be blues, I am afraid.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Last edited by Puschkin : 06-03-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #93
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry people, don't want to disturb you but just had to come and say what a great match it was to watch.
Hope Richard will recover well and do great on grass, we know he can.
Sorry once again!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #94
country flag Vlad1980

Vlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond repute

It was a great effort today and a great tournament. There are some R16 losses that he can't be ashamed of and this is one of those. He gave it all, he played aggressive often, the 4th set alone was easily one of the best sets of tennis ever played by any two players. Stan was favorite coming in and has a little bit bigger game, but in the end, I think Richard physically was weaker but not mentally. He has gotten stronger but he needs to work on that some more to beat players like Stan.

All in all, very proud of him. Such a great effort in the epic of the match.
Vlad1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #95
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Now that the shock of the loss is over, I'm quite happy with Richie's performance in this match. Although he did "choke" away a few opportunities. He was mentally really strong for the most of it. Some of his gutsy play when facing BPs was quite amazing. Even when he was completely out of it physically in the 5th, he kept fighting and at least managed to get those opportunities. His mentality has steadily improved a lot over the past 6 months or so, which is a great sign.

He still has the tendency of letting small disruptions really get to him though. His level dropped a lot after the MTO. Kind of similar to how he let the Janowicz incident get to him. Sadly, these are the only two matches of his that I watched this clay season.

Another good thing is that he has improved a lot from the initial clay slump. Really hope he takes the level of play and mindset that he had in the majority of this match to grass season. He will be playing Halle right? Anything else before Wimbledon? Hopefully not.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #96
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
He will be playing Halle right? Anything else before Wimbledon? Hopefully not.
He's schedule to play Halle. Hopefully he recovers for that.

I REALLY hope Richard continues this kind of play into the Grass season, more offensive, taking the play to his opponent.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #97
country flag afterglows

afterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond repute

It's really warming to ear all the praise about how Richard played agressively and how he fighted! I really hope he will continue this way especially with the grass coming.

Still, I have a question for the ones who was able to see the match. Did you feel it was the right tactics? I mean, knowing that Wawrinka struggles a lot with high ball and considering his h2h vs Nadal, I would have though that Richie would have use moonballs and spin against him. Did he use that?

Anyway, since Richard has fitness issues and that his main weapon is shotmaking, it's obvious he has to orient his game to more agressiveness. It's what will utimalety help him to make it through the top 8.

afterglows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #98
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Richard has suffered more in his life than losing a tennis match, he is much stronger than people and media give him credit for.
Just to underline my point:

Quote:
Ne redoutez-vous pas que ce match laisse des traces ?
Franchement j'ai des traces plus dures que de perdre un match au cinquième à Roland-Garros.
source: rgnet

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #99
country flag scmom

scmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond repute

what a gutwrenching loss ! But well played Richard ! And I am so proud of the fight and great tennis he played today and in this event
He has such a great perspective here - as Puschkin pointed out - there are worse things in life than losing a tennis match , and he has been through so much more to get to this point.
Learn from this one , and put it behind you , Richard ! There are so many positives that can be gained from this event. He will be ready for the grass , I am sure !
scmom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #100
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

This is absolutely devastating But on a bright side our favorite grass season is coming, so here's hoping that's where Richard recovers mentally from this loss.
For me his loss to Murray at Wimbledon felt much worse, as well as Gonzalez at AO. And look where Richard is at now.

Allez Les Bleus
tufani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:58 AM   #101
country flag hrn0618

hrn0618 is on a distinguished road

My first post on this thred

I watched the match through the end. As Piatti says, he should've won 2nd more easily; he dropped first SFS. At the begining of 2nd, he was too good but after MTO that was gone After all, Stan was just better.
Of course, i don't mean Richie wasn't good. Many many splendid points... especially how he saved BPs!! He was a real fighter. And he got huge power from the spectator at home!! I adore him all the better for the match, so it really hurts; i couldn't see the end without tears.
I can't imagine how tough this loss is to himself, but for sure he IS strong and WILL BE much more! Lookking forward to grass season and even better Richie

ALEEEEEZ RICHARD!!!
hrn0618 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote