Mens Tennis Forums banner

Yay French Federation, You Got Exactly What You Wanted. Nice Try Anyway, Andy.

24K views 488 replies 40 participants last post by  Selby 
#1 ·
Rome is next week and Andy actually has significant points to defend.... Where will he even be coming from and when will he arrive? Who knows? :D When's the last time he picked up a racquet? Who knows? :D That means Andy will probably win the title :D

#4 ·
Re: The "Sorry Andy, Honeymoon's Over. Time For Clay!" Clay Season Thread

i love you too :smooch:

#7 ·

Andy should just honeymoon through the class season and come back in time for grass. :cool:
grass is the class season! ;)

#6 ·

Next week already? :eek: that is a short honeymoon! :eek: I might actually get to watch some tennis next week since I hand in my big project on Monday. :banana: don't screw it up for me Andy. :armed:

ANDY (a.k.a clay God) FOR THE WIN! :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

#10 ·

These would only be significant points if we didn't really think he was going to compete in the summer hard court season where he has nothing to defend really. So he can EPIC FAIL here but he'll probably win his patented one or two rounds before playing someone better on clay than himself. Madrid should be a really good tourney for him, given the elevation. *ZOOM* *ACE* lol

EDIT:
But also keep in mind he only has points from ROME and then nothing else really for the rest of the year, not just the summer hard court season as I mentioned up there. Andy could be top 4 or 5 realistically with how the next couple months play out.

#11 ·

He's got a final in LA (which I don't think he's playing this year as he's added Indy) and a USO QF to defend, then a lot of points in Beijing. So I wouldn't say he has NO points, but a few rounds at RG and a good wimbledon would certainly help. As for Madrid, I can't imagine Andy doing well there, he couldn't even do well in Madrid when it was on indoor hard. Rome's his best shot at good clay results b/c it plays so much faster.

#12 ·

He's got a final in LA (which I don't think he's playing this year as he's added Indy) and a USO QF to defend, then a lot of points in Beijing. So I wouldn't say he has NO points, but a few rounds at RG and a good wimbledon would certainly help. As for Madrid, I can't imagine Andy doing well there, he couldn't even do well in Madrid when it was on indoor hard. Rome's his best shot at good clay results b/c it plays so much faster.
It's not like he was out all of last summer. It's just that he wasn't playing very well for most if it and was repeatedly injured. He doesn't have much to defend, really it's a huge opportunity for him this year at both US Open and Wimbledon to nab another grand slam. All these years it's been Fed in the way, well he looks like he won't be a factor. So then it's about getting the ranking up, getting some luck and some good draws. He really needs to win a masters this summer. That will give him the confidence. Anyways, getting back on track...by his standards he doesn't have much to defend and his ranking should definitly rise.

As far as Madrid, well, it's hard to say because they haven't had a clay tourney there. He looked pretty good in DC when it was there. I wouldn't mind seeing everyone crash out (like they would at Hamburg) and Andy sneaking into the final to beat some mug like Robredo. I'm dreaming, I know. Back to reality it's time for Andy to step up and make the second week of RG. Seriously, there's just no effin' excuse not to. You're a top 10 tennis player, WTF mate?!?

#13 ·

You're not honestly suggesting that what Andy does on clay in DC translates to what he does in a regular clay tournament, are you?

#18 ·

You're not honestly suggesting that what Andy does on clay in DC translates to what he does in a regular clay tournament, are you?
We're still trying to figure out how to trick Andy into thinking that Roland Garros is Davis Cup.

HAHAHA!

No it's just exhibit A) that Andy can play on Clay. I guess exhibit b) might be that he's won some tournaments on the stuff before. I set the bar low for him, let's see how he ducks it this year. (no pun intended)

I like how people read my posts in the Roddick forum and then heckle me via bad reps. I thought that was soooo 2004-2005. Ya know, when Andy was relevant enough to be hated; instead of occasionally hated/rooted for to beat and/or because he did beat one of the big 4.

"Roddick will lose to either Nadal,Murray,Djokovic or Federer again at both the USO or Wimbledon;don't fool yourself dear:rolleyes:" - timafi

That was in response to my last post. :wavey: Andy is going to win another slam. Accept it.

#15 ·

You haven't heard?
Andy Britney Spears Roddick + Anna Nicole Roddick + Lipstick Pig Mommy + Charity Money + Federer-Accommodation + Humiliating Interviews + Excuses =
Grass + Hardcourt Failure

Don't forget, he lost a bunch of hardcourt 1st and 2nd rounds after going on taco McDonald's, coffee, and junk Bulimic binges. Then again, he couldn't avoid the fake personality and unathletic genetics. The rich lifestyle makes it easy to be ignorant of self-destructive behavior he could avoid.

He kicked out the Goldfine-Davis Cup-Todd Martin loyalty excuses.
Then, he finally shut up and kicked out John Roddick excuses.
It's time to kick out the fake guilty feelings for Blanche.

To a lesser extent, he avoids Nadal. It's fun for bipolar and paranoid delusional, addictive Andy to act like a hapless idiot loser, following the media's "Nadal is mostly muscles, Federer is genius" bullshit prejudice.
Only because he has no dignity left (is he retired, and just here for charity money counting?). He shamelessly pretends he's Mr. Tennis Law and Order (mocking umpires, insulting himself, copying so-called super star athletes) without thinking twice about his fans' waning respect for him and tennis.
This is definitely not the 1970s Tennis Respect Time.

#16 ·

It's time to kick out the fake guilty feelings for Blanche.
What does this mean?

#19 ·

You're preaching to the choir here, Ryan. We know Andy is capable of doing better on clay than his previous results at RG show. Maybe this will be the year he finally makes the 2nd week, I think it'll be disappointing for all of us if he doesn't.

People are badrepping you based on posts here? That's amusing. But I hate to break it to you dear, but it seems Andy might be relevant enough to be hated again :rolls:

#22 ·

You're preaching to the choir here, Ryan. We know Andy is capable of doing better on clay than his previous results at RG show. Maybe this will be the year he finally makes the 2nd week, I think it'll be disappointing for all of us if he doesn't.

People are badrepping you based on posts here? That's amusing. But I hate to break it to you dear, but it seems Andy might be relevant enough to be hated again :rolls:
I beg to differ. We hate him all most of the time.

#20 ·

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE, Andy pulled out of Rome.

I take back everything I said :rolleyes: Just show up at Queen's Andy. Forget clay completely.

#25 ·
Re: The "Never Mind Andy, Stay on your Honeymoon til Queen's" Clay Season Thread

He knew when Rome was probably even before they started planning the wedding. That's no excuse IMO. And also, why lie a few weeks ago and say he's gonna play Rome? That was unnecessary.

#27 ·
Re: The "Never Mind Andy, Stay on your Honeymoon til Queen's" Clay Season Thread

It's in the entry list thread, it's a done deal

#29 ·

Davis Cup ties...awww.
When you win the trophy, don't let me laugh with happiness with you, Andy! Just hug me while I wear a stoic face.:devil:

It's not important as this mini EXPO After-Hours Network PLUS where I showcase Roddick Foundation products and/or services...every quarter per year!

#30 ·

he pulled out?! I don't understand. :( surely he would've known ages ago if he wouldn't have enough time between his honeymoon and the tournament? :shrug:

oh well, there goes his best chance to do well in a clay MS. Now he just has to work even harder on the slower clay courts to make up for it! :( :armed: :ras:

#32 ·

he pulled out?! I don't understand. :( surely he would've known ages ago if he wouldn't have enough time between his honeymoon and the tournament? :shrug:
:shrug: Do we ever know why he does what he does when he does it? If we ever figured out or understood his scheduling... the end of world might be closing in on us soon enough. I can't believe I actually still feel somewhat surprised when stuff like this happens. I'm feeling pretty much like the first line of my sig. :tape:

#31 ·

Sure.....there's hard work he did all these years.

#34 ·

True [on everything]. After reading this today, I'm a bit shocked to realize just how excited I actually was for the start of clay season on Andy's behalf -- just because of that bit of hope you mentioned. Talk about a real bucket of cold water.

#35 ·

Disappointing.

#36 ·

I think he should have wed a week before, the same day Roger did. So he could have a week before Rome....

If he participate the Masters, he can't win because of lack of preparations. It's better withdrawing the torney than doing a embarrassing early exit. Or he may have been injured minor. I really don't think he can win to Semi this year in Rome. It's better to concentrate in grass and hard court season

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.