Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "Life is Completely Unfair, But We are Proud to be Your Fans" Grass Season Thread

36K views 644 replies 74 participants last post by  FlameOn 
#1 ·
The "Life is Completely Unfair, But We are Proud to be Your Fans" Grass Season Thread

:banana: It's that time :D Andy's already in London, if the draw gods are nice to Andy he should have a good run this year :D

#473 ·
Re: "The Grass is Always Greener!" Grass Season Thread

I don't usually roam around these here parts but I just wanted to say my hooray to Andy and his fans for reaching the finals.

He works hard, respects his fellow players (if not the umps and linesman ;)) and really imo deserves another grand slam title. I will be rooting for him on Sunday. :)

#477 ·

I kept watching this match until it was nearly 2 a.m.Thanks god!When he kneeled on the grass.I cried.
Good luck Andy in the final!!~

#478 ·

Usually when Andy faces Federer the feeling is a great huge :rolleyes:.

This time however, I'm actually feeling a little better about Andy's chances. I've just seen things in Federer's game that have changed a little from the way I've normally seen him play. His ground-game seems much more passive than usual for a start (he's hardly going for any of his usual big shots from what I've seen). He's also had a very tough time returning first serves from his opponents a lot of the time, even ones with serves less big than Roddick's.

#480 ·

Fed always plays like JesusFed when it comes to Andy though. It makes me mad and sad at the same time.
Yeah, unfortunately this is true. Andy has always been Roger's favorite punching bag. It's very annoying really. :rolleyes:

I hope Andy comes out firing. He'll have to if he wants any chance of winning.

#483 ·

I'm super pumped for this match for some reason. I hope he comes out like he did in the Murray match. Oh God please, let Andy win this match.

#485 ·

:banana: :yippee: :banana: :yippee: :banana: :yippee: :banana: :yippee: :banana: :yippee: :banana: :yippee: :banana: :yippee: :banana: :yippee: :banana: :yippee: :banana: :yippee:

WIMBLEDON FINAL BABY!!!!!!!!

bit late I know!

#486 ·

I was wondering where you were, hoping you were not indeed lynched by Murray fans ;) I do hope you had a good time yesterday ;)

#488 ·

I was wondering where you were, hoping you were not indeed lynched by Murray fans ;) I do hope you had a good time yesterday ;)
I had far too much adrenaline running through me, if they had tried anything I would have taken them all down single handedly! ;) :boxing: I had the most amazing time! I can't believe he actually won, and I was there! :eek: I got home around lunchtime today and was absolutely exhausted (sleeping on the sofa in the middle of a heatwave with 3 other people in the room snoring, breathing heavily and just generally being noisy does not make for a good night sleep! :sobbing: ) so I had a 2 hour nap and I've only just got around to coming on and catching up. :dance: so happy! :D :D :D Trying my best to be positive about tomorrow! :rocker2:

#489 ·

aw jo! :hug: I can feel your excitement in your posts. I'm so glad you got to go and that it turned out great :D I was actually pleasantly surprised by the crowd - it wasn't nearly as rowdy in Murray's favor as I was anticipating....guess it's b/c they love our Andy too :angel:

#490 ·

I was feeling so upbeat about the final but the posts I've seen everywhere have kind of killed that. We might as well face it - Andy is going to lose a 4th slam final to Federer tomorrow. Is that some kind of record? :eek: :rolleyes: :mad: :sad:

#492 ·

I was feeling so upbeat about the final but the posts I've seen everywhere have kind of killed that. We might as well face it - Andy is going to lose a 4th slam final to Federer tomorrow. Is that some kind of record? :eek: :rolleyes: :mad: :sad:
Roger's lost to Rafa in...5 slam finals? 3 RGs and an AO and Wimbledon? But yes, I think you are right :( It's so hard for Andy to win 2 sets off Fed, let alone 3, let alone at Wimbledon :sobbing: The best hope, I think is if Fed is somehow overcome with nerves at the thought of breaking Pete's record:sobbing: Even then, could andy close it out?:sobbing: Winning Wimbledon tomorrow means more to Andy than Roger, I am sure of it :sobbing:

#491 ·

well I just spent the better part of the 4th of July convincing my uncle at a BBQ that Andy will win tomorrow and here's why...

Serena and Venus met for the 21st time today and Serena won, she hadn't won Wimbledon in 6 years....Andy and Roger will meet for the 21st time tomorrow, it's Andy's time to win he hasn't won a slam in 6 years!

According to ESPN news no one has been to 3 Wimbledon finals without ever having walked away with the title.....Third time's the charm?

I know it's a long shot, I mean it's FED but everyone had Murray written in as the opponent and look how that turned out? :) On Andy's heart and determination alone I have got to stick with my gut as I have through the whole tournament and say that he wins tomorrow in 4 or 5 sets, hopefully 4 I don't think my heart could take a 5th!

#493 ·

well I just spent the better part of the 4th of July convincing my uncle at a BBQ that Andy will win tomorrow and here's why...

Serena and Venus met for the 21st time today and Serena won, she hadn't won Wimbledon in 6 years....Andy and Roger will meet for the 21st time tomorrow, it's Andy's time to win he hasn't won a slam in 6 years!

According to ESPN news no one has been to 3 Wimbledon finals without ever having walked away with the title.....Third time's the charm?

I know it's a long shot, I mean it's FED but everyone had Murray written in as the opponent and look how that turned out? :) On Andy's heart and determination alone I have got to stick with my gut as I have through the whole tournament and say that he wins tomorrow in 4 or 5 sets, hopefully 4 I don't think my heart could take a 5th!
Nice comparisons there. :)

Andy will surely go out there and play the match of his life tomorrow. He seems to have stepped it up a little bit each round, and he'll kick it into overdrive in the final. :rocker2:

#496 ·

Please play aggressive Andy, leave it all out there. Start the same as 2004 and keep the pressure on.

#500 ·

I just want to hug Andy. :hug: So close. Ugh.

#502 ·
Re: The "Life is Completely Unfair, But We are Proud to be Your Fans" Grass Season Th

I'm sorry Andy for everything I said about you. I'm proud to be his fan.
Watching him almost crying was the saddest thing I've ever seen and I wasn't so strong like andy and I couldn't hold the tears.

#503 ·
Re: The "Life is Completely Unfair, But We are Proud to be Your Fans" Grass Season Th

:hug: To Andy and all his fans, the better player lost today, he deserved it more.

I will be rooting very hard for him come the US Open.

Reactions: partygirl
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.