Mens Tennis Forums banner

Americas Zone Group I 2R: Canada at Ecuador (July 8-10, 2011)

12K views 91 replies 23 participants last post by  Dupuis2006 
#1 · (Edited)
v

July 8th-10th

Guayaquil Tenis Club, Guayaquil, Ecuador

Day 1: 1500 hrs (2000 hrs GMT)
Day 2: 1900 hrs (0000 hrs GMT)
Day 3: 1500 hrs (2000 hrs GMT)​

Outdoor Clay

Teams

ECUADOR
Julio-Cesar Campozano
Ivan Endara
Roberto Quiroz
Emilio Gomez​

CANADA
Peter Polansky
Vasek Pospisil
Philip Bester
Daniel Nestor​

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: Americas Zone Group I 2R: Canada at Ecuador (July 8-10)

Canada is gonna take this one

I predict
Polansky def. Campozano 7-6, 6-4, 5-7, 7-5
Pospisil def. Endara 6-3, 6-2, 7-5
Pospisil/Nestor def. Campozano/Endara 6-4, 6-2, 6-2
Bester def. Endara 6-4, 4-6, 6-4
Pospisil def. Campozano 3-6, 6-4, 6-4

#6 ·
Dancevic is off with a sore back sadly (and probably if he wasn't, he would have preferred to play Newport). The other Lapentti (Giovanni) has been announced as injured, but he is in the draw for the Pozablanco challenger - perhaps it is one of those injuries that prevent you from playing 5 sets, but not 3 sets.

#13 ·
i emailed sportsnet a week ago and they said they will not be showing either ties (canada/ecuador or usa/spain). they said they tried getting coverage for canada ecuador but couldnt. but it still is showing up on the tv guide so im confused. hope they end up showing something at least

#14 ·
USA-Spain is on the Sportsnet TV Schedule on their website.

TennisCanada replied to an email and they said Ecuador couldnt provide a broadcast feed so therefore Sportsnet wont show CAN-ECU.

#16 ·
Ivan Endara v Vasek Pospisil
Julio-Cesar Campozano v Philip Bester

E.Gomez/R.Quiroz v D.Nestor/V.Pospisil

Julio-Cesar Campozano v Vasek Pospisil
Ivan Endara v Philip Bester

#20 ·
Definitely agree with you on Peter, would expect to see him if Phil struggles. I will be incredibly unhappy if we don't win this tie. Endara hasn't beaten a top 1000 player since February, there's no way anyone we have should lose to him. That being said, it's certainly possible; Campozano could definitely win both his matches, leaving a decisive fifth rubber, where crowd and nerves would play major factors.

#22 ·
I think the surface will be more of a problem for Vasek then Bester, Phil was a finalist at junior RG, and a lot of his futures wins have come on clay. Vasek, on the other hand, doesn't have much clay experience. That being said, I think Endara's form is poor enough that surface shouldn't really matter.

I think they are making the right decision with Peter, though if Bester does poorly, ML will have a tough decision for rubber 5. Peter has hardly done anything this year, and given that Tennis Canada tweeted he has a slight injury, it seems a no-brainer to start with.

#26 ·
Are there streams/livescores anywhere for this, please?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.