Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" HC Thread (Cincy!)

74K views 3K replies 92 participants last post by  heya 
#1 · (Edited)
According to the Bryans, Andy might take a wildcard into LA. I hate him. Last year, when I could go the whole week, he yanks the day the draw is made. This year, I can't really go, and he'll play. Thanks Andy. Oh, but is playing 5 weeks in a row really a good idea? Wait. n/m.

He's entered into Indy and DC and obviously the Masters.
===========
Q. Any message from your dad?

MIKE BRYAN: Talked to mom.

BOB BRYAN: I haven't talked to anyone. I guess Andy called.

MIKE BRYAN: Yeah, actually, the first three guys that called were Andy, Mardy and James, which was pretty cool. They all watched it back at home. They're excited. Could kind of tell Andy's fired up to get back on the court. Kind of watches it and he wants to be here. And I'm like, What are you playing? He's like, I'm playing everything this summer. I'm playing Indy, LA, Washington. He wants to just beat up the summer.

Q. He took a wildcard into LA?

MIKE BRYAN: Yeah, that's what he said, he's playing all of them.

BOB BRYAN: They're holding one for him.

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Andy, give us something to get excited about during the summer hardcourt season.

Basically.

#4 · (Edited)
Re: Andy, give us something to get excited about during the summer hardcourt season.

Well we all know Andy is a JeRk.

You know, he's had so much time off from before & after the French and after Wimblywreck that he just might be able to take a full summer:shrug:

i guess we'll find out.

"Please don't get hurt in the first match!" ...dont call me clairvoyant:tape:

Great title Deb but i just want to go one step further and wish that ass
to give us AND HIMSELF something to get excited about this summer & DO IT!!!!

Wooo.

Hoooooooooooooo!!!

#8 ·

Hmm...not sure about Andy wanting to pretty much play the entire summer season. He may either get burnt out or be better prepared to go deep at the US Open. I think if he gets some titles he will skip some tournaments.

I think LA might actually be ok for him. He desperately needs some confidence and some practice. I am pretty sure he has used the time to improve some aspects of his game like volleying and backhand.

#11 ·

I would not plan on LA, seriously. If he pulls from one, it is most likely that one or Washington. This is not smart.

#12 ·

It's good to see him eager and willling to work hard this summer though.
If the US hard court also turns out be all Fed vs. Nadal,
I'LL GO CRAZY!!! :fiery:

#13 ·

Considering he's had so much time off over the last 2 months i think its a good idea, he couldn't possibly have a burnout if he's fit enough. It's not like he's went deep in the tournaments he has played (minus Queens but in my opinion that wasn't deep enough :eek: ) It'll do him good.

Besides if we're honest none of us are expecting him to go deep in many of them they way he's playing so :wavey:

#15 ·

Fee said:
I would not plan on LA, seriously. If he pulls from one, it is most likely that one or Washington. This is not smart.
He wouldn't pull from DC b/c of his history there and the SFX connection (unless he were to play Indy and La and win both or something, and we know that ain't gonna happen!). Remember, he signed waaaaaay early and he was actually entered in LA Last year and pulled out after his embarrassing performance in Indy and I rememer saying a lot last year that he might pull from LA... but if he's gonna actually take a WC into LA, I doubt he'd do so if he didn't intend to play.

At least I can't over-spend this year :) Danielle, go last minute, you get $10 off for the day sessions early in the week so you can go last minute for $15 and move up to good seats :cool:

#17 ·

Good luck Andy, there is no way that he will play 5 weeks in a row, but hopefully he will do good enough so that he is in a position to drop out of either LA or DC.

#19 ·

Yeah, i'd say so Larah.

#20 ·

I hope he does DC cuz I'm heading down to that one a few times since it's so close to me. :lol: We're only going to his and Kiwi's matches tho :p So if he doesn't go, that means I'll only go for one day cuz that'll all Kiwi lasts :lol:

UGH I want hardcourts to start today.

#21 ·

Hmmm...should be interesting to see if he plays LA, or if he pulls out at the last minute. He needs to pick up points wherever he can get them.

#24 ·

and play 6 weeks straight? Yes that would be brilliant ;) Plus, it's time to practice on hardcourt. no sense in playing on grass after Wimby :shrug:

#26 ·

he'll win a match in Indy. Maybe only one... but probably one :awww:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.