Mens Tennis Forums banner

Wimbledon Saturday (Fingers crossed for no rain)

2K views 38 replies 13 participants last post by  Ays25 
#1 ·
Anyone else thinks that Coria @ 1.66 is the best value?

Also think Gasquet might find Muller easier than Nadal did.

In WTA (ouch) I consider Daniilidou and perhaps Peschke

#3 ·
I despise WTA but it seems like tomorrow there is a bit of value

Conchita Martinez @ 1.4
Danilidou @ 1.44
Ivanavic @ 1.57
Dechy @1.22 - this in my opinion is about as good odds as you'll get for a sure thing

With the mens I'm looking at Coria @ 1.67 and Tursonov @ 2.1

Few obvious picks which you could pound such as Grosjean x Johansson x Gasquet but odds aren't too great

#5 ·
Posting my prediction early.....so that you guys can be warned about players which i have cursed :-

A.Murray +1.5 vs Nalbandian @2.00 looks like good value

Danililou to continue her Wimbledon run by destroying Penetta @1.40

C.Martinez to use her experience to defeat Peschke @1.44

Murray x Danililou x Martinez @4.03

#9 ·
AceMaan said:
Also....Tursonov to beat Popp @2.25 .........60-40 chance for Tursonov.......plus Popp got broken by Arthurs !.......anyone who gets broken by Arthurs must be playing below par........unless of course he gave Arthurs two double faults in that set or something!
i agree its a 50/50 game but popp has much more experiance on wimby..
and for the break thing, popp lost his serve just once in a 80 game match which is real amazing, even sampras becker or goran would be broken to lesser caliber players in 40 service games.

About my pics, i dont have balls to play for wta after seeing bartoli and jankovic.
sticking with florian mayer.
and considering gasquet x popp

#11 ·
My picks for today:

1) Small bet on Kiwi - If he remembers to take his medication in the morning, he can give fedex a tough time

2) Small bet on Craybas, only because Serena's unconvincing form

3) Parlay Tojo, Gasquet and Dechy

4) Big bet on the Weasel

5) Parlay Weasel, Andreev ( :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ), Daniilidou, Ivanovic, Peschke. This is a trebles parlay, so even when Andreev pulls an Andreev - I can still get something

#13 ·
Lebowski said:
I cant find a reliable weather source. Wimbledon site says mostly cloudy with light rain in the morning clearing throughout day and yet weather.com states rain to showers going into the night.
I'm in North West London, so the weather here is going to be pretty similar to down in the South West.

Weather here:

Completely overcast, but no rain. Feels quite damp with a good chance of rain at some point, but hopefully it will stay like this

#19 ·
Danililou to win Wimbledon @67.00????????

She should beat Penetta today.....and then set up a match up with possible Ivanovic in the last 16........if she passes that she will probably come up with one of the William's sisters in the quarters.........then comes the real cruncher Sharapova in the semis..................odds 67.00 look a bit big for someone who has just beaten Justine! .........care for some feedback people.......for those who saw her match against Justine.......did Justine gift the match to her or was it a deserved victory???

#22 ·
I'm debating a large single on Coria to WIN, decisions, decisions...

#24 ·
AceMaan said:
Danililou to win Wimbledon @67.00????????

She should beat Penetta today.....and then set up a match up with possible Ivanovic in the last 16........if she passes that she will probably come up with one of the William's sisters in the quarters.........then comes the real cruncher Sharapova in the semis..................odds 67.00 look a bit big for someone who has just beaten Justine! .........care for some feedback people.......for those who saw her match against Justine.......did Justine gift the match to her or was it a deserved victory???
The Greek played well, Justine gave her the match and odds of 67.00 are just right, because she will not win Wimby

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.