Mens Tennis Forums banner

Thiemo de Bakker cheering thread

4K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  Adri89 
#1 ·
What happened to the thread about Thiemo ? :confused:

He's in the QF of the challenger of Marburg this week. Will play Laaksonen next round. Quite unpredictable, but I have a good feeling about it. I think he'll prevail!

#2 ·
Has someone any news about his schedule?
I'm very surprised to see that he's not playing Bstaad this week (where he did a SF last year), nor Scheveningen, nor even Stuttgart :(....

He'll lose a lot of points next week... will lose 35-40 places next week in the rankings :(

#3 ·
After a correct start of the year, though Thiemo missed a big opportunity to qualy for the Australian Open against Russell, he'll play on clay during February. Here are the tournaments for which he's on the alternatve list :
- week 6 : Sao Paulo (ATP 250)
- week 7 : Rio (ATP 500)
- week 8 : Buenos Aires (ATP 250)

Currently, he's 138 in the ranking with no points to defend until the end of March (Miami). I hope he can make some good runs and will be motivated!!

GL Thiemo

#4 ·
Thiemo got 32 points in Sao Paulo with a nice win over Monaco.

This week he already reached the main draw of Rio with two convincing wins in qualy, against Monteiro and Ungur.
He has a great opportunity to win a match against Clezar!
I hope a revenge against Ferrer in R2!!! GL Thiemo :yeah:

#5 ·
Thiemo withdrew from Buenos Aires from what I understand. He isn't in the qualy draw.
Well, good week in Rio, and decent SA swing: 32 points in Sao Paulo, 65 in Rio, that's good!

His next tournament will probably be Indian Wells, considering he's not on the entry list of Santiago (week 10).
He'll have some points to defend in Miami.

#7 ·
Netherlands had a BYE in this round. They will play against Austria in July to reach the play-off of the world group!

Thiemo won his first round of the qualifications of Indian Wells against Gomez 7-5, 6-3. He'll play the young American Fritz (1997) who destroyed Sela 6-3, 6-0 to reach the MD. I hope I'll do it! I don't know what to expect, if Sela was awful or if this kid has the weapons to be a threat for Thiemo.

#15 ·
I saw Thiemo play today but apart from a great serve sometimes, he wasn't very focussed, a lot of UE's. But he won so let's see if he can reach the final...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.