Mens Tennis Forums banner

2013 MTF Mug of the Month: Sao Paulo Beach Tennis February

10K views 139 replies 62 participants last post by  Rychu 
#1 · (Edited)
I will use Johnny's same format for the first post. And I will also retro-award November to Almagro and December to USTA based on the nominations made in the 2012 thread.

Kind of similar to the bandwagon player of the month award, this one is given to the player who loses terribly against people they should win against, sucks horribly, loses people money, says something arseclownish in an interview, has an incident in a match, whatever the case may be, but anything that gives that player "Mug Points"

Other criteria involve:

1. Playing well below your capability.

2. Mental incapacity (AKA: lack of balls)

3. Losing to someone you really shouldn't

4. Failing to live up to expectation

5. Losing Jaap or dylan money

6. Saying dumb shit in interviews, yelling at umpires, yelling at ballboys , and general arse-clowning

7. (Applies to organizations: bad organizing, play conditions, letting rain fall too much, or having pot holes on the courts)

January Champ- David Nalbandian
February Champ(s)- The Austrian Davis Cup team; namely Melzer, Koubek, and Eschauer
March Champ- Roger Federer
April Champ- Novak Djokovic
May Champ- Guillermo Garcia-Lopez
June Champ- American tennis
July Champ- Roger Federer

Discontinued the rest of 2008, 2009, 2010, and most of 2011. Now back, baby.

July Champ- Grigor Dimitrov
August Champ- Viktor Troicki
September Champ- Unites States Tennis Association (USTA)
October Champ- Robin Haase
November Champ- Thomaz Bellucci
December Champ- MTF
Mug of the Year- Fernando Verdasco http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...goftheYear.jpg

January Champ- Mardy Fish
February Champ- Alex Bogomuglov Jr. http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...heFebruary.jpg
March Champ- Simon Reed
April Champ- Ernests Gulbis
May Champ- Ion Tiriac
June Champ- David Nalbandian
July Champ- Donald Young
August Champ- Leonardo Mayer
September Champ- USTA (again)
October Champ- Janko Tipsarevic
November Champ- Nicolas Almagro
December Champ- USTA (yet again!!! :eek:)
Mug of the Year: Donald Young

January Champ- Nicolas Almagro
February Champ- Sao Paulo Organizers - also nominated for the 2013 Tiriac Trophy for worst clay surface of the year.

See less See more
#84 ·
It appears as though Slasher has reached the same conclusion as I did.

Mug of the Month award is so very tough to hand out, for there are far too many worthy candidates every month.

This award is free to be phased out, unless you want to take over rocketassist?

#99 ·
Mmmmm Ferrer's 5-6 15-30 point alone makes him a huge contender, but I have to give it to Haase's consistency! :worship:

#106 ·
Bump

De Schepper for May. You can't lose a tiebreak to Hahahase...

#109 ·
I would like to give this thread back to the original owner. He was banned for who knows how long back when I started it and by no means did I want to 'steal' it from him. It's his creation.

So, Mods and Johnny, if possible, please create a new 2013 thread, close this one and link the new to the old, so that users may find it easier.:)

#110 ·
May: Cilic.

#111 ·
sorry, edit with Querrey

#114 ·
Haas wins June. Blew 13 MPs I think :stupid:

#121 ·
Another fabulous post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.