Mens Tennis Forums banner

Andy the "Hero"

8K views 175 replies 16 participants last post by  J. Corwin 
#1 ·
If we can start threads for silly pictures and names of cereal I think we can start one for this.
------
Andy's Recount of Last Night's Fire to Come Shortly
by: webmaster

5/1/2004 -- AR.com spoke with Andy shortly after the incident in Rome. As reports have indicated, Andy suffered no injuries, but is slightly shell-shocked by what took place. His recount of the story is mind-boggling, and his actions were truly heroic. Stay tuned as we will be providing much more information, including first-hand description by Andy himself.

#127 ·
whoa, a whole lotta huggin' going on lol

Re: the "hero to zero" thing.... one of the articles actually said "From hero to hopeless" ouchies!

#130 ·
Naldo said:
they gotta write something don't they, and its not like Andy reads articles devoted to him anyways:lol:
:p well of course not.. but still.... "from hero to hopeless" - that is just ouch!!!!

and aw thanks :hug:

#131 ·
:hug: for Deb too. ;)

#138 ·
lol Smankyou.... we like to have fun here :) Feel free to join in;)

And yes, for all that people say he's cocky, he really is modest off the court.

#140 ·
Apparently, deities are allowed to have bad days and ducks are not. such is life I suppose!!

#142 ·
*croons* Cann youu feeel the loooove tonightttt...

#148 ·
This is from a Minnesota paper, there must've been a trip from there with a bunch of people staying at that hotel
-------
Peter Docherty of Wayzata owns Docherty Incentives, the company that arranged the trip. He and his wife were on the seventh floor when the fire broke out. They managed to reach the patio of another hotel guest they later discovered was American tennis star Andy Roddick, who was in the hotel with about 30 other players scheduled to play in the Italian Tennis Open.

Docherty and others were able to wait on Roddick's patio until the smoke cleared and then exited through the building.

"Andy Roddick was wonderful,'' said Docherty, whose voice was still hoarse Friday from the smoke inhalation. "I was wearing nothing but a robe I took out of my room. Andy offered me his sweater. I didn't need it, but he went back in his room and got me a pair of tennis shoes to wear.''

#150 ·
"Andy Roddick was wonderful,'' said Docherty, whose voice was still hoarse Friday from the smoke inhalation. "I was wearing nothing but a robe I took out of my room. Andy offered me his sweater. I didn't need it, but he went back in his room and got me a pair of tennis shoes to wear.''
duh, andy's just too nice. I still cant believe how people call him arrogant :eek:

#151 ·
lol I know...

mind, you, he went back into his room to get sweaters and shoes DURING A FIRE. He shouldn't have done that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.