Mens Tennis Forums banner

Can someone please help me with Microsoft Word 2003?

412 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Hokit 
#1 ·
Hi guys :wavey:

I've had problems with 'Bullets and Numbering' on Microsoft Word 2003 for a while. I've tried looking through the Microsoft website, but it doesn't give a solution.

On other computers, when I press the 'Tab' button at the start of the bullet point, it moves the bullet to the right and changes its shape.

Now, when I do that, only the blinking vertical thingy moves while the bullet point doesn't.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? :confused:

Thanks in advance! :)

#5 ·
We don't have Office 2003 here (still working with 97...but I'm a WordPerfect freak so we've just been upgrading that)....but take a look at your settings in Options.

There's a feature called "Set the left indent by using the Tab key." Either search for it (in the index) or try

Tools -> Options -> Edit

It should be one of your checkbox options.

Hope this helps!

#6 ·
Hi guys, thanks for your suggestions :wavey:

Actually, the problem isn't indenting - it's that after I've created a bullet point, when I press the "Tab" button at the start of the sentence/word (of the bullet point), the bullet stays there and doesn't change shape, whereas the blinking vertical thingy has indented rightwards :confused:

I definitely think it's time I get a new computer though ;)

Again, thanks guys! :wavey: If any of you figure out a solution later on, please let me know :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.