Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafachat Vol. 67 - Chaotic conversations.

149K views 5K replies 46 participants last post by  Peta Pan 
#1 · (Edited)
Volume 67, people!

Patterning myself after Merton:

Thread Titles:

Rafachat Vol. 67! The N. American sneaks in.
Rafachat Vol. 67 - Human vs. Computer
Rafachat Vol. 67 - The calm before the storm.
Rafachat Vol. 67 - The AO is upon us.
Rafachat Vol. 67 - Awaiting MQs from Metis.
Rafachat Vol. 67 - The usual.
Rafachat Vol. 67 - Chaotic conversations.

#885 ·
Re: Rafachat Vol. 67 - The calm before the storm.

share the nutella:awww:
im already fat nothing can change but i can help u to dont get kilos:p

#886 ·

andy dont use pc excuse of yr bildness coz...of,,,:eek:

#887 ·

Hey everyone :) Just did my AO picks :dance:

I have 4 days to read back, I'll try to do it now. In the meantime, here's something for you to read :)

Gulbis in the clear despite meek exit
Michael Cowley
January 15, 2011

THE ATP has cleared Latvian Ernests Gulbis of any suggestions of tanking after the No.3 seed produced an astounding second-set effort in the Sydney International semi-finals yesterday.

Having blown a chance to win the first set, serving when leading 5-4, Gulbis showed his frustration by smashing his racquet on the court, before being taken to a tie-breaker by France's Gilles Simon, which he lost 7-1. He then lost the second set 6-0 in only 16 minutes, winning only three of 27 points, prompting suggestions of tanking.

Gulbis, however, blamed illness for his capitulation, saying he felt physically worse after each game, the humidity of previous days taking its toll on him.

''Starting the second set, when he got an early break, I didn't have it in me any more physically and I was done,'' he said. When quizzed about the fact he won only three points, Gulbis replied: ''OK. I made three points. Bad luck. Next time I will make four. :lol:

''If I were to win the first set, then second set I would fight and I would try to [win, but] it would be tough anyway. But, you know, if I make the match longer, I make it tougher for myself because I wasn't 100 per cent physically today.''

Gulbis was asked if he considered withdrawing from the match in the second set, to which he said he ''wasn't feeling that bad'', but would ''feel bad pulling out of the match.''

He was then asked if he thought people may think he didn't try hard enough, and there was maybe an issue of tanking?

''The people can think what they want think. I'm not the people. I can say what I think, and I just said it, how it happened. Whatever they think, that's their thing.

''Maybe I could, in the best case today, after losing the first set, I could lose maybe 6-3 in the best case with my physical condition, because I probably couldn't go three sets today again,'' said Gulbis, who played three sets on Wednesday and two on Thursday.

Asked how long it had been since he played such a bad set, Gulbis bristled: ''You're trying to stay on the negative side. I try to stay on the positive side. :hug: I made semi-final the week before the Melbourne, grand slam. I played a great first set. I played great two matches before. I played the previous tournament great.

''I'm going to Australian Open not thinking about what I did the last set now. I lost it. I didn't feel my best; I'm going to feel good physically in Melbourne. I think I can pass couple rounds, many rounds. [It] doesn't affect my mental state that I lost 6-0. Anybody can lose 6-0.''

Simon said he was not surprised the way Gulbis wilted. ''I saw him play this kind of match before, so I know it can happen,'' he said. ''He was playing a very good tennis at the beginning, it was hard for me to return. He was hitting the ball hard and not missing a lot.

''I know it's always the hardest game to win when you are 5 4 and serving. He didn't serve any first serves, and then he started to miss. I think that he takes a lot of risk. And physically, when he's not moving as good as the beginning, it's harder for him.''

The bad news for Simon came out of Melbourne yesterday where he was drawn to meet Roger Federer in the second round of the Open.

''What is important for me is to win this tournament for the moment. The victory here is for the moment the priority. We know how tennis works. You can win one week an easy win and then lose the week right after.''

#891 ·

i have on ES too Arsen and usually they show..wta:bigcry:

#893 ·

Eurosport 2 tonight

-Murray v Cilic AO 2010
-Murray v Federer AO 2010 :D
-Live Australian Open

#895 ·

I was wondering if the big mouth Feldman will accept my golf challenge now that I am in EUrope and with my golf clubs here.
If you are in my country i will give you a free lesson

but please dont bring the rest of that gang meeting like Nikki, Nathi and those ones, i dont want to be murdered

#896 ·

make a video of those lessons for everyone here thk:p

#904 ·

i'd kick your ass allover Mar Del Plata Golf Club with you having a 4 stroke lead on 1st hole

#906 ·

macho hormones all ard this thread right now:rolls:

#911 ·

curly hairs are hot,end,

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.