Mens Tennis Forums banner

Ernests' news thread!

220K views 2K replies 128 participants last post by  BlueLighthouse 
#1 ·
You forgot to create this one, Z! ;)

I think we can let the old thread rest in peace. It's served its time. :p

#1,325 ·
Mara! :bowdown: Many many thanks for that! A very happy newyear that'll be now :p :hug:

#1,333 ·
Thank you for the article, Māra :hug: I just read it. I didn't like the tone of the article at all, it was too yellow and bitter and it's really not worth translating. There's almost nothing new there.

I wouldn't be surprised if the comment about leaving tennis if he didn't reach top 10 in two or three years was taken out of context or taken seriously when it was meant as a joke. The whole article just reeks bad :eek: And the fact that they published Milena's letter although she had asked them not to just shows what kind of ethics and credibility the magazine has.

A lot of the article was focused on Ernest's father and how big his influence has been in Ernest's career. According to the magazine, it was his father who always discouraged Ernest from speaking to the Latvian press, it was not his own policy.

#1,335 ·
I read this on the ATP website.

Russian Ernests Gulbis also posted an opening day upset at the ATP World Tour 250 tennis tournament in Doha, ousting No. 6 seed Albert Montanes of Spain 6-2, 7-5 as he fired 13 aces and won three of his 10 break point chances.

I know he has been hanging out with Marat a lot but isn't he still suppose to be labeled as Latvian? :lol:

#1,336 ·
Can you believe I didn't even notice at first. I was like, why the hell is that first word in bold? But went :shrug: and read it. :p

#1,345 ·
ATP journalists are not the only ones who should take journalism classes... A french reknown daily newspaper "Le Figaro" made a mistake about his nationality. Except that they called him "the Estonian". How difficult is it to remember someone's nationality ?

For french speakers: http://http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/2010/01/06/01011-20100106FILSPO00725-gulbis-pour-federer.php

Moreover, in this article, the "journalist" said at the begining that Gulbis won over Seppi, but then Seppi will meet Federer in quarter :confused:

#1,347 ·
Hi, sorry to be a little off topic, but was wondering, does anyone know if ernests is on facebook? Because there are like 6 listings for him, but most seem unauthentic, except for this one

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...5491.3717013581..1#/profile.php?id=1789336083

Its the one which has 82 friends, in case you can't use the link

I thought it might be that for several reasons:
1) It's (he's? lol) friends with andis jushka, david jushka and dennis pavlos, igor kunitsyn and karlis lejieiks

3) I really doubt Ernests would be a fan of him self (thrice!) as some of the other pseudo accounts are

4) I really doubt that he would write on so many people's walls and make it public (as some of the other groups are)

2) Two of his friends have the last name of "Gulbe", most notably Laura Gulbe. And if you look closely, she looks the same person as in the madrid player's party (see here http://ernestsgulbis.wordpress.com/2008/10/14/laura-ernests-at-madrid-players-party/)

Any thoughts? Think I might have found the real him? Has this been already found out?

Haha sorry for my stalkerish tendencies, I have no intentions of adding him/pestering him anything creepy like that, I'm just bored and therefore stalking ernests XD

#1,356 ·
Ernests is playing both San Jose and Delray Beach so he will probably also come to Memphis, lots of points there :)

Thanks for the link banhhe, I just saw it :eek: I was so angry at Ernests after his performance I didn't even want to come here :mad: But in the interview he's optimistic so I'll try to be that too :)

Here are some quotes:

I was playing my best tennis in practice, I was very motivated and ready for this tournament. I was more ready both physically and game-wise than ever before. That was the problem, I hadn't felt this well in a long time and I wanted the win too much. I had to play longer points with Monaco. When I couldn't do that I tensed up. I was close to winning the second set. If I had won it maybe it would have changed the winner of the match. Somehow I couldn't get myself together in the third set.
He also says his serve wasn't working at all. He wanted to play more rallies with Monaco but it wasn't working, nothing was really working for him that day.

He's very satisfied with his coaches, Gumy and the fitness coach, he says he's lost a bit of weight :) Apparently Ernests is convinced that he just needs to win a couple of matches and everything will go up. He also said he didn't worry about the wind or a couple of wrong line calls because: "If you let every little thing influence you you won't get far in any sport. You can't get anywhere with anger and negative emotions."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's nice to hear Ernests talk positively about himself, I just hope he knows what he's talking about and that he's right. :unsure:

#1,359 ·
Thanks Evita.

So it was an... offday that just looked a lot like headcase Ernie... :p Good to hear he believes in it though. Hopefully, for him but also for us :tape:, those wins he needs will come quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.