Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olympics Final: Murray destroys Federer 6-2 6-1 6-4

75K views 849 replies 279 participants last post by  BroTree123 
#1 ·
Congrats Murray. Utter thrashing.

Fed moving like a panzer to his FH side.

Fed gets a Silver medal and now only needs a Bronze medal to complete his resume. :rocker2:

Only thing that bugs me is that Fed is again down in the H2H against Murray after equalling it. :(

#716 ·
Why do you think Fed was longing to have a medal then? Do you think he played just for play-sake?
Federer always plays to win. He really wanted to win a 17th slam - and he did. He really wanted to win OG - but he didn't. Now he wants to win an 18th slam. We will see how he does. Anyway, you can't win it all. No tennis player ever has. Federer is closest to it so far. Perhaps in the future someone will eclipse him - it is not impossible.

#720 ·
Fed said I am the only loser on the podium; both Andy and DelPo were winners that day. I think he wasn't too upset with it. His body and mind couldn't take it for the win.

He seems genuinely happy for Murray (i.e. found a guy who can beat/ challenge Novak and Nadal's slam counts??). he he he ....

I am not sure this will put more or less pressure for Andy when USO comes. This year, he definitely has the momentum going up and up. Good luck Andy.

#721 ·
LOL @ people saying Roger doesn't look too bothered that he lost the gold. Of course he's bothered, he just lost his chance for the Golden Slam, he's putting on a brave face. The silver medalist is always the most miserable person on the podium.

As for whether Murray would rather win Wimbledon over an Olympic medal, I think winning a gold medal for his country when they are hosting the Olympics is something special as he'll never have that opportunity again, but he has plenty of other chances to win Wimbledon as Federer's career winds down.

#723 ·
LOL @ people saying Roger doesn't look too bothered that he lost the gold. Of course he's bothered, he just lost his chance for the Golden Slam, he's putting on a brave face. The silver medalist is always the most miserable person on the podium.

As for whether Murray would rather win Wimbledon over an Olympic medal, I think winning a gold medal for his country when they are hosting the Olympics is something special as he'll never have that opportunity again, but he has plenty of other chances to win Wimbledon as Federer's career winds down.
Why does this term even exist!? He has 6 YECs for goodness sake! If there's a "Golden Slam" then there ought be a "World Tour Slam" or equivalent... But really, the idea of either tournament making a player's career slam more impressive is ridiculous, because neither have anything to do with the slams. :shrug:

#730 ·

A. MURRAY/R. Federer
6-2, 6-1, 6-4

An interview with:
ANDY MURRAY

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. We saw after your winning you ran over to your girlfriend and gave her a kiss. What does it mean to have her in the stands while you compete and what did that kiss feel like?

ANDY MURRAY: No, I mean, all the players will tell you in a sport like tennis, it's very individual. So the people that you have around you become extremely important parts of your life. Kim understands tennis very well. Her dad's a tennis coach. Having her around after the Wimbledon final, which was obviously a very tough loss for me, was great. She helps pick me up. She was the only person really I saw for about four days after the final. Yeah, having her around helps.
You know, the people that were in my box, they see everything. When people watch on the TV, they see the matches, they see your interviews before and afterwards. They don't see the hours on the practice court or everything you do in the gym. The guys that are up there are the people that see that. That's where all the work's done.
I've had a lot of tough losses in my career. So being able to go up to them after a match like today is great.

Q. I don't think I can top the first question, but the manner of the victory, as much as the significance of it, astonishingly one-sided match looking at the scoreline.

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I mean, in a lot of ways the scoreline is irrelevant. But, you know, when I look back on the match, it will be one that I'll look at as the biggest win of my career for sure. It's definitely one of the best matches I played. I dealt with all the situations that were in front of me well.
There were some important moments in the match, right at the start of the match, important not to underestimate how the first few games are where I saved some breakpoints, then also the 2-Love game in the third set. We had some really long games in the Wimbledon final, as well, in the third set, and he got them.
Also in the Wimbledon final, I had chances in the second set to break and didn't get them. Today I converted those chances, and that gave me the momentum for the rest of the match.
You know, if those games or those points had gone the other way, it could have been a different match. But I took my chances today. I think I deserved to win.

Q. How much was sort of the responsibility you felt to Team GB was part of this triumph? Were you a bit surprised how you appeared to be swept along by the whole patriotic fervor surrounding this?

ANDY MURRAY: Well, I watched the athletics last night. Yeah, it was unbelievable. I said in my interview with Sue Barker afterwards, watching Mo Farrah after 9,600 meters, run a 400 meters in 53 seconds, when I'm completely fresh, I can only run one in 57 seconds is, you know, amazing. Just amazing endurance. Incredible, incredible to watch.
I don't know. It just gave me, yeah, I don't know, motivation to try to win that gold medal. You see how much it means to all of the athletes when they do it, how much work goes into it. I just obviously wanted to try and be part of that if I could.
Yeah, the atmosphere in all of the stadiums, when everyone's won gold medals in all of the sports, everyone's just been so happy and pumped. I'm just glad I've been able to contribute to that.

Q. You talked about the tough losses that you've had. How much sweeter do those make this moment?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, it helps for sure. You know, yeah, I have lost some tough matches. Yeah, I've had a lot of questions asked about me many times.
I'm just glad that today I managed to put on a performance, I don't know, that I've been waiting for I guess.
It was obviously a huge match for me. It was a big match for Roger, as well. I'm sure it was something that he would have wanted to win the gold. It's one of the few things in tennis he hasn't done in his singles career. So it was a big match for both of us.
Yeah, just to win today, in the way that I did, makes those losses a little bit easier to take. Just to keep coming back from them, as well, because it has been tough at times. But that's why getting to spend that moment after victory with the people around you that have seen all of those losses and how tough it's been makes it special.

Q. At the end of the match, immediately after you won, you almost appeared to be in a little bit of a daze until you went up to the player box, then you ran onto the court afterwards. Was it hard to take in?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, it was quite a strange feeling because after the Wimbledon final, I was really so overly emotional, you know, not only after I left the court, but for the next couple of days.
Here, after the match, I felt surprisingly calm. Yeah, I don't know if it was because we had the mixed doubles coming up or not, if I was just still really focused or not. I don't know exactly what it was, or if it just hasn't sunk in yet.
But I know when I get the chance to sit down with all of the guys and celebrate with my family tonight, I'm sure I'll get emotional again because it's been the best week in my tennis career by a mile.

Q. You seem to have made a very big fan out of a very small boy, the little lad who came up and hugged you afterwards. How important is it for you as an Olympic gold medalist to inspire young people to get interested in the sport?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I mean, I was just saying out there that I think, you know, that's one of the reasons why the Olympics is so great. Everybody gets into it. Everybody gets into sports that they maybe never have watched before, never seen. You know, I'm no different. There's a lot of sports that I haven't really watched much of, but I get right into it.
Actually I thought that the boy, because he was in Roger Federer's box, and he asked me for the hug, and I didn't quite know how to react. I thought that maybe he was from Roger's team.
But, yeah, if we can get more kids playing sport, you know, the more chance there is of getting great champions and Olympic medalists. For tennis to get more kids playing, we'll get more champions because of that.
For a country of our size, we've done amazingly well I think so far in this Olympics. You know, if we could just get 5%, 10% more people playing any sports, we might be able to compete one day with the big, big countries, like the U.S. and China especially. We're not that far off.

Q. There were a lot of cynics out there who feel that the Olympics is or should be more about the smaller sports that don't often get the recognition, yet you saved the performance of your life for today. Does that in a way give a lie to that argument vis-à-vis the inspiration? Roger was asked whether your performance would give you confidence in the slams. I know you always get asked this questions. He said, No, because he's a damn good player anyway. I wonder whether you thought it would inspire you when you have these big matches again in the future?

ANDY MURRAY: It will help I think with the way I go into the matches probably. You know, Ivan told me after the Wimbledon final that he was really happy with the way I played the whole tournament. He's never been around a British player during Wimbledon, so he maybe didn't quite know what it was like. He was saying, I'll never play in a match under that much pressure again in my life. So that's good news.
I did feel much more relaxed going into today's match than I did going into the Wimbledon final. I think now that I managed to win today...
I said, after I lost in the Olympics in Beijing, I knew how much that meant to me, how much that hurt me. I mean, I think that it belongs. I think the way the crowds were this week, you know, for all the matches.
You know, you take a mixed doubles match in the first round of a Grand Slam, there will be very few people watching. You get a mixed doubles match in the Olympics, you were looking at packed crowds throughout. People love to see all sports. Just anybody from their country doing well.
I think tennis belongs in the Olympics. I think this week, the way that the crowd have been in all the matches, proves that.

Q. You have to have mental strength. You only dropped one point on your serve?

ANDY MURRAY: Did you say I only dropped one point?

Q. Yes.

ANDY MURRAY: I had no idea.

Q. You looked like Superman out there in terms of mental strength today.

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I mean, I think because of all the experiences that I've had in those matches, I know, for example, after something like the Wimbledon final, I knew that even when I had chances at the beginning of the second set, that the match is such a long way from being over, that I'm starting to find a way of treating every single point exactly the same throughout the whole match. When you do that, you tend to play better for longer in the match.
If you don't lose your concentration for any point really, you know, you can play a consistent match like I did today, play well from start to finish.
I think just a combination of learning from all of those defeats, you know, the Wimbledon final especially, will have gone into today's match. I hope this experience will make me a better player, as well.

Q. This Olympic gold medal, does it mean more to you than a Wimbledon title because you have a chance next year to go for it again? Would you swap it for the Wimbledon title or not?

ANDY MURRAY: Well, I got asked the question a lot of times before, in the three months before Wimbledon, almost every press conference I did, I got asked about that. Yeah, I got asked about it quite a few times this week, as well.
I would love to win Wimbledon, for sure. But this felt good. I wouldn't change this for anything right now, that's for sure.

Q. In one sense do you feel you've avenged the Wimbledon final to Roger Federer with this victory, and the way you played today, to get this gold medal, or do you keep them two entirely separate results?

ANDY MURRAY: For me, two separate results. But good to know that after that match, which, you know, you guys saw afterwards was a tough one for me to take, that I was still able to learn from it and not just look at it as, you know, I'd blown it in a Grand Slam final when I had my chances. You know, I've actually used it in the right way to become a better player. I hope that that showed today.
You know, having someone like Ivan around after that Wimbledon final was very important, as well, someone to talk to about the emotion, how it feels. He understands all of that. I spoke to him before today's match about the tactics, going over a little bit what happened at Wimbledon, used it in the right way instead of negatively, which in the past I've certainly done after a few of the Grand Slam finals.

Q. When next June you will read again that no Brit has won Wimbledon in 76 years, will you start laughing, which you don't do much normally, or will you take it seriously? Second question is, do you expect every player going to Rio, even if Rio doesn't have the same appeal as a magic place like Wimbledon in four years?

ANDY MURRAY: I think all the players will go to Rio, for sure.
And, yeah, I mean, with the first question, I don't think we've ever won a gold medal in tennis they said in over a hundred years. When it comes to Wimbledon, I'll know that it's obviously possible to win something that hasn't been done for a long time.
It's a long, long ways away. A lot of tennis to be played before then. I hope I come into Wimbledon next year fit and healthy and give it another shot.

Q. You talked about how this might help your preparation going into the US Open. How determined are you, now that you've beaten Roger in a five-setter in one of the biggest tournaments that there is? Secondly, about inspiring a nation, in terms of tennis itself, it's only a two-week sport in this country for a lot of people, but suddenly you have thousands of fans waiting outside, signing autographs, going crazy in the crowd. What you and Laura have done this week, do you feel you've raised the profile of tennis in this country, as well?

ANDY MURRAY: I hope it does. I think it shows when there is major competitions, you know, that helps get people into the sport. So, you know, we have, over that Wimbledon period, Queen's obviously, and Wimbledon get good coverage. Maybe if we could get a couple more big events, the O2 has been attended unbelievably well, I think it's been a great event.
I mean, we're starting to do a lot better. We had four girls, women, sorry, in the top 100. You know, the doubles we've done very, very well. I think we got maybe six or seven guys in the top 100s in the doubles. We are getting there.
But, you know, if we can just, yeah, make tennis a bit more accessible to kids, that's something that people talk about all the time, I don't know how easy it is to do that, but the more kids playing tennis, the more chance we've got of having great depth and this becoming an even better sport.

Q. And the US Open?

ANDY MURRAY: I think the US Open, it's probably not the best preparation for next week. But I think come US Open time, you know, I hope that this will have given me the confidence to go in there and believe in myself a bit more than I have in the past, you know, give myself a shot at winning there.
I played very well at the US Open in the past. It's a surface I like playing on. I always enjoy playing on Arthur Ashe court. Yeah, I hope I can have a good run there.
I have to be careful of the next two weeks not to do too much, you know, make sure I pace myself going in there because it's been a long couple of months already.

Q. Just looking at the mixed doubles, Laura mentioned she was quite disappointed with the result. Can you tell us a bit about what it's like playing with her, what she's like, the dynamic on court? Because she's quite young, do you have to take the lead? What sort of relationship do you have on and off court?

ANDY MURRAY: Well, I think for both of us it is disappointing. Yeah, I was a bit gutted at the end. It would have been so nice to win the gold. I think because we had so many close matches, as well, and the final came down to just a couple of points, I think it would have been great.
I think she handled, you know, the crowd and everything, for someone of her age, she is still young, and I think she dealt with everything really, really well. She played very well again today.
When we're playing the matches, I mean, for me, I'm more experienced than her, so I will try at times to maybe slow her down. But
she's a very sort of -- she knows how to play tennis. She's a natural ball-striker. She knows what to do when she's out there. You just got to let her play.
A lot of people say you should be trying to sort of, I don't know, make the girl laugh or calm them down or whatever, but I didn't really need to do that at all. Just a couple of times tried to slow her down a little bit. But apart from that, she played great and dealt with all the different situations really well.

Q. As soon as you won, you appeared to put your two index fingers in the air, your eyes heaven-wards. Were you having a quiet word with the big man up there or was there someone in particular that was in your mind?

ANDY MURRAY: No, I mean, I was doing the same thing during Wimbledon. It's just something that I'm sure I'll end up doing for a while now.
But, yeah, there is a meaning behind it. But like I said during Wimbledon, it's for me and the guys around me. They know why I do it, and that's it.

Q. Roger, loads of Spaniards, Roddick have pulled out of Toronto next week. Are you still going? Secondly, you were talking about chatting with Ivan on the phone this morning. Did you formulate a game plan with him or did you do it with Danny or did you just do it in your own head yourself?

ANDY MURRAY: Basically I spoke to him a week after the Wimbledon final. We talked a little bit about the match then, things I did well, things I didn't -- things I did well, and things maybe I got away from a little bit towards the end of the match.
Today, I spoke to him on the phone for about three, four minutes. You know, a bit about the mindset, really the sort of way I was going into the match, how I was going to approach it, a couple of small tactical things. Then him and Danny spoke to each other. They spoke last night and then they spoke again this morning. Danny went over the tactics with me about an hour before I went on the court.

Q. Toronto?

ANDY MURRAY: Toronto, the plan is to go there and play. I was meant to be leaving tomorrow afternoon. It's looking like I'll probably leave on Tuesday now. And then the first match would be on Wednesday
So, like I say, it's not ideal. But tennis has its rules. I'll be there, for sure. Whether I play or not, I'll have to see how my body feels on Tuesday.

Q. Who had the honor of looking after your gold medal during your doubles match? Are you someone who cherishes your trophies or will you just throw it in a drawer?

ANDY MURRAY: Danny actually wore it during the doubles. I just didn't want to leave it in the locker room, so he wore it.
No, I keep my medals, my trophies, in one room in my house. Yeah, this will go in front of all of them, that's for sure.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

#731 ·
Roger Federer – 05.08.2012

Murray d Federer 6-2 6-1 6-4

Q. Is the primary emotion satisfaction at winning a silver or frustration that it's not gold?

ROGER FEDERER: No, no, I'm very happy. I am satisfied. I think this is as good as I could do during these championships. Andy was much better than I was today in many aspects of the game.
For me, it's been a great month. I won Wimbledon, became World No. 1 again, and I got silver. Don't feel too bad for me.
I am very, very proud honestly to have won a silver. Had a very emotional tournament from start to finish. I could have lost in the first round against Falla. Same thing obviously with Del Potro. I felt like I won my silver, I didn't lose it. So I feel very, very happy.

Q. Can you tell me something about how strongly you decide on Olympic gold to get your collection of trophies complete and will there be another Olympics in 2016 for you?

ROGER FEDERER: I mean, I hope so. I said it before the tournament that it's not impossible that I could take part in Rio. But right now, I mean, in the meantime I could retire and come back. It's that long of a break (laughter).
It's not front and center in my mind. But, of course, I'd love an Olympic gold in singles. But I am very happy with an Olympic silver in singles, and I already have the gold from Beijing.
So we'll see about Rio. It's a fascinating country. I've never been to Rio. Obviously, I'd love to be part of it. We'll see how it goes.

Q. Were you surprised at how well he passed when you came in regularly in this match?

ROGER FEDERER: No. That's his best part of his game. If he doesn't do those passing shots, he's not going to win gold and he doesn't win tournaments. He's got to come up with those shots time and time again. He does it so well. I've always said he can absorb pace incredibly well. He has great balance and anticipation. That three-way combination makes it obviously tough to attack him, particularly on a poor attacking shot. So he did very well today.

Q. Could this type of victory be a springboard for Andy to win slams now and be a big threat at the US Open coming up?

ROGER FEDERER: I don't think he needed this, to be quite honest, 'cause he is a good player. Don't forget that. He's an amazing player already. I thought he played a very, very good Wimbledon championship.
So for me what I was happy to see is that he didn't have a letdown, you know, after the Wimbledon finals. It's easy to come back, best -f-three, you know, go out third round maybe. You just feel more horrible.
But he didn't do that. He came, he won gold. I think this is how champions react.

Q. Can you remember losing nine straight games, four on your own serve, the last time?

ROGER FEDERER: No, I don't. And I don't want to remember (smiling).

Q. You've been through a bunch of these now. How should we view the Olympics and the Olympics gold medal compared to the majors? Where does it rank? How do you see it?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, it's unique in so many ways, you know. It's supposed to be that way. I almost believe there should be no points at the Olympics, to be quite honest, because it's not fair for some of the players who can't play the tournament for the reasons you know. There's only four players per country allowed to play per country. Plus we have a tournament running at the same time in Washington that almost gives the same amount of points. So it's a bit odd. That's why I'm almost in favor of not having any points at the Olympics.
But the importance to me it's as big as tournaments that are out there. Similar to a World Tour Finals, where unfortunately we don't play the best-of-five-set finals there anymore, or a Grand Slam. It's as high up as the big tournaments. And obviously making it best-of-three in the early rounds, you know, makes the margins more small, particularly on grass.
The grass has been different this time around because of the seeding. It was slippery in the beginning, then dry again. The played very different.

Q. After that extraordinary semifinal you played against Del Potro do you think this could have some effect in your relationship to him, make you closer to him because of this experience?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, those are matches that sort of remind you of some great battles, becomes personal almost to a degree in a nice way. So we could look back at this and have something in common.
I didn't know who won until I lost my match today. So I was looking. I saw the Serbian flag in the room I was waiting. No Argentinian flag, so who won? I thought Novak won. I came out and I saw Juan Martin. I said, Wow. Great effort. I'm so happy for you after the brutal loss.

Q. You talked about how this was an extremely emotional tournament for you. Why was it so emotional?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, I mean, look, Olympics don't come around every year. So this is obviously just a different feel to it. Crowds were different. Early on I could sense that right away when I came on court against Falla. I really badly wanted to come through in the early rounds to get into the tournament. Then you sort of install a certain way of acting and being during the Olympics, you know. So I think all of that made it, for me, very special. Every Olympics has been a life-changer for me, to be quite honest, in Sydney, in Athens, and Beijing. Good or bad, I think I took away a lot of positives, from the Olympic spirit, from the way, I don't know, you appreciate other sports, appreciate winning, losing.
I love watching sports because of the reactions of the people at the very end. How do they take wins? How do they take losses? All these things.

#733 ·
Thanks Eden! Wonderful interview.

"Q. You have to have mental strength. You only dropped one point on your serve?

ANDY MURRAY: Did you say I only dropped one point? "

Q. Yes.

ANDY MURRAY: I had no idea."

This is for the mixed final right? Unbelievable!!

Also,

"Q. Who had the honor of looking after your gold medal during your doubles match? Are you someone who cherishes your trophies or will you just throw it in a drawer?

ANDY MURRAY: Danny actually wore it during the doubles. I just didn't want to leave it in the locker room, so he wore it.
No, I keep my medals, my trophies, in one room in my house. Yeah, this will go in front of all of them, that's for sure. "

DANNY IT WORE OMG :hearts:

#735 · (Edited)
Fedhaters are forgetting one thing. Roger is 31, he of course wanted the gold, perhaps badly, but he does not take things for granted anymore. This is something he has improved in his attitude this year after the years 2010 & 2011 (mediocre years by his skyhigh standards). He did not expect the olympic gold would come easily and therefore I believe he is able to accept a silver medal easier. He was so happy after the semi because the medal was already secured, he couldn't lose it this time.

Edit: Typo

#761 ·
This. I think Roger has learned to accept losses better (especially those against Nadal). After all, it's all gravy or icing on the cake now. The Olympics obviously hold a special place in his heart considering his romance with Mirka blossomed there. Guy goes home to his parents, wife and plays with him adorable kids. No worries - he's got a great life. Do think that the Wimbledon win was important though - knocked the last remaining BIG record (weeks at #1) down.

All this hate on a "hole" in his career - everybody in men's tennis history would gladly trade their career for Roger's. If he has holes in his career, everyone else has even bigger holes.

#737 ·
I only wish Steve Cram and Brendan Foster had been commentating on this match...

"And Murray is going for gold! He's playing magnificently now. He breaks Federer again! The crowd are lifting him! They're cheering him on. He breaks again! And it's gold for Great Britain! " :banana: :haha:

#738 ·
The haters are soo much fun to read, still have not realized that the Fedtards can not be hurt anymore after Fed regained No.1 and won his 17th slam. If Fed got triple bagled in the Us Open by Nadal I would still smile because Federer delivered when it counted, all the records are his, GOAT. The old man does not have to win one single match anymore, everything is just bonus and he just added the silver medal.
Suck it haters!

Reactions: Mimi
#747 ·
Just because i said what i believed, i have been given a wrong reputation by one user.
It's always bad to see a red line below my avatar.
For some here, who felt bad for what i said:
"Federer will 'miss' that Gold and hence Career Golden Slam".
I keep up the words, but this is not to hurt your feelings.
That's just my opinion, if you feel bad, i'm sorry for it.
But don't unreasonably give false reputation to me.

Thank You.

#751 ·
On a sidenote : it really sucks that Olympic gold medal contains only miserable 6 grams of gold and is made mostly from silver.

Dont they have enough money to make it from REAL gold ? And yes, it is possible, they made real gold medals back in 1904 and 1908. London 1908 gold medal contained 25 grams of gold and was much smaller, only 33 mm diameter. It cost about 2 pounds back then. Nowadays it`s gold would cost about 700 euros, but numismatic value is lot bigger of course.

http://www.christies.com/lotfinderimages/D55880/olympic_gold_medal_london_1908_d5588015h.jpg

Stupid habit to make "fake" gold medals came after WW I. Nowadays they try make medals as big as possible, even so big it becomes ridicilous. I say : let it be smaller, but real gold !

#754 ·
I said, if it was London 1908 gold medal size, weight and proof, it would cost about 700 euros a piece. Nothing compared other costs of Olympic games. How many gold medals they give anyway, few hundred ? And I dont think of it as WASTED, thrown away gold ?!

If you buy wedding ring/ band for your bride, you want it to be real gold, not some cheap gold plated thing ? People marry several times nowadays and every time their rings are from real gold. Most of Olympic winners win it only once in a lifetime, I think they deserve real thing too.

Would be weird if Murray, being grandfather in 2050 , shows his gold medal to his grandchild and boy is amazed : "

" WoW ! It is really big, you have lot of gold here !"

And Andy explains : "Well, actually it is only gold plated, you can see spots of silver, gold is little weared off from here... But it doesnt matter, I beat Federer in the final !"

" Who was Federer ? "

" He was pretty good tennis player - before I peaked , I mean ! ;)

#756 ·
Well, a wedding ring is a few grams. And the 1908 medals' weight of 25 grams exceeds the current total of world gold supply/person (23 grams). Times have changed. It takes about 5 years to bring a gold mine to full productions.

Also, on a side note, the medal is suppose to be symbolic. The depiction and uniqueness of the medal may matter more than the metal it is made of.

And LMAO at dis-considering Federer 17-0 GS record against Murray over the Olympics.

#759 ·
Dont be a fool, world has plenty of gold stored.Lot more than economy or jewelry business ever needs, most of it is in form of useless heavy bars anyway . Gold is not too scarce metal, neither is it too expensive. Even I have handful of old gold coins,Russian Tsar 10-roubles, German Gold marks and Denmark old 20-kronor coins,lot more than gold medal would need, and I´m not rich person.

Even if we consider Olympics need 1000 x 25 grams = 25 kg gold, I think every average gold dealer has more in his storage safe. I know Estonian leading gold dealer Tavid ,who has 4-5 shops, sold more than 2000 kg ( !!!) of gold last year.

And about Fed vs Murka, you dont have any sense of humour whatsoever , do you ? What a sad life it must be if you take everything people write in internet forum, dead serious ...:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.