Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tim in Monte Carlo

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  thenman 
#1 ·
We all know that clay isn't Tim's best surface and he probably wouldn't go deep in the draw. But today he won both matches! A toughy against Spadea and another 3 setter in doubles against Clement/Grosjean. Go TIM! :yeah:

#2 ·
Go Tim!
But hey - he MIGHT go (kind of) deep in the draw, I mean, no one thought he'd make the semifinals in 2002, and he surprised us all! Although we do have to be realistic. But oh well. GO TIM GO! (Any NHL fans? GO LEAFS GO in game 7)
What up with that audible obscenity warning for Tim and penalty for Vince? Wow.
Good luck against David Sanchez, Tim! :)

#4 ·
YAY! Are you a Torontonian, too, Yonge? (Like Yonge Street?) I'm so NOT studying for exams tonight. It's all about the LEAFS! Screw Chemistry.

But back ON topic (heheh), what do you think of Tim's draw? I don't like the look of Hewitt looming in the future...
Oh well.....We'll see what Tim can pull off.

Meanwhile, GO LEAFS GO!!!!

#7 ·
Best wishes to Tim ahead of his second round match with Sanchez (though I have my doubts whether he will win-he'll certainly have to improve on his first round performance).

#9 ·
There we go I was wrong again!

Nicely done in both the singles and doubles today Tim. Good luck with the singles and doubles tomorrow both against Massu!

#11 ·
Yeah, solid win today in doubles. That's 2 good French teams in a row! I hope Tim would play more doubles because he can be ranked very very high in that category. Anyway, just like Conan I also would love to see Tim and Lleyton play against each other on clay! I believe Tim has the upper hand on this surface.

#13 ·
Congrats, Tim, in singles AND doubles! Next up is Massu. Hope Tim's got into the swing of things and found his rhythm on clay.
I actually found the Tim/Hewitt team quite interesting, two years ago, I think it was(?) but Tim/Zimonjic seem to be playing really well! I wonder how they met up and agreed to play together? Are they off-court friends? Anyway, I like seeing top ATP players in doubles. I wish WTA players would do it more (especially Justine H-H!)!
OT: Btw, PinkFeatherBoa: I don't know whether to laugh or be scared of your avatar, but it's cute! :)
And GO LEAFS GO! Bring it on, Philly!

GOOD LUCK, TIM!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.