Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafachat - Vol. 80: Another great year for our great champion! :D

261K views 5K replies 75 participants last post by  MariaV 
#1 · (Edited)
Yes, it is time for this thread to make a strong comeback after suffering in the hands of a rabid Fedtard and sworn Nadal hater :)rolleyes:) for months.

as it is time for Rafito :)hearts: :kiss:) to make his strong comeback after suffering from serious injuries for so many many months :)sobbing:).

According to the information available at this point, Rafa is competing in Vina del Mar next week. His first match will be on Wednesday February 6th at 6pm local time* :bigclap:

*11pm for us Andreea and Maria (the rest of you can figure it out yourselves :p)

#3,057 ·
Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: Setting new records - That's the way Rafa does comeback! :sp

So sad too see him leave so early he didn't look at his best. I hope he be ready for Summer Hardcourt

#3,069 ·
Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: Setting new records - That's the way Rafa does comeback! :sp

:sad::sobbing::tears::hysteric:

I was in the friggin' dentist chair when I found out and my dentist (lovely man) had the radio on so while I had the soddin' drill in my mouth, I was forced to listen to an over-excited Belgian tennis commentator. Aargh.

Ah well, good for Darcis. I've seen him enough times (if only in Davis Cup) to know that he's a fine tennis player but just not consistent enough to be able to play at a high level match after match. He loves playing on grass (as do most Belgian players). He's a new dad so he's having the time of his life, probably.

But Rafa :sad:

And Malisse :sad:

Wait, JM is banned? :rolls:
You couldn't help yourself, eh? Oelewapper.

#3,070 ·

WHAT DID JM DO NOW? :rolleyes:
It's not like Fed lost or smth! :mad: :fiery: Or is he a truly closeted Rafatard? :rolleyes: If he was battling those idiots in GM again then there's no point and he knows that! At least no point steppingh over the line! Sigh.

Hilde! :hug: :hug:
Strange indeed about Rafa, I dunno. :shrug: Not that I saw any of the match.
He has played really really lot but I doubt the knee could've got that bad all of a sudden. Although what was that at the presser, he didn't want to say how bad the knee really is? Was it already that bad at RG, that's why Toni was crying? :eek: Rafa sure is a masochist.

#3,073 ·

Last hurray for Hewitt, I'm also glad he's doing well, what a fighter, always has been! Safin the wimp gave up immediately. :eek:

The match thread seems to be going strong in GM, NID. Cannot be bothered tio read though, I bet same old, same old.

Should troll the How will Nadal do at the USO 2013 thread and say he'll withdraw. :D

#3,074 ·

I love the fighters. Hewitt. :hug: The man has been a joy to be a fan of throughout his career.
If Malisse only had 25% of Lleyton's fighting skills....

I have avoided the RG final thread and I'm doing the same with the Wimbly RG thread. Consistent, right?

I have seen Honestly post but he's on my ignore list. I wonder if that's AJ in disguise. Would explain why he gets as much freedom as he seems to be getting. :devil: :D :p

#3,078 · (Edited)

Just had a little look in the match thread. OMG, Fedtards are creaming themselves. The thread obviously attracts various tards, not just the Fed-variety but as usual, the fedtards outdo themselves. Cute that it took a Belgian to make them gloat-by-replacement. :hug:

Seriously, if a mod is reading this, how on earth can Honestly get away with so much trolling, baiting, hating and :bs:?
I mean, I have him on ignore but people keep quoting him so he's impossible to dodge.

Edit: twitter is the gift that keeps on giving. Just found Prodigy on twitter. Surprised to see him gloating and hating so much there. I thought that he was more mature than that.

#3,079 ·

I would not advice anybody to go to GM after his fav lost. Too bad the thread has lost JM, I had to fill the hole :angel:

#3,084 ·

What would be the benefit of such an attempt? Actually, I tried and it was rather frustrating.

I would rather stay away from GM entirely, but then were to talk about it? Here people are butthard as soon as I'm not whipping Rafas ass.

#3,090 ·

I would rather stay away from GM entirely, but then were to talk about it? Here people are butthard as soon as I'm not whipping Rafas ass.
butthard? What on earth does that mean? I know butthurt but butthard is a new one. :scratch: I take it that it's a freudian slip of yours due to thinking about Rafa's ass? ;)

You're not talking about it, are you? You're joining the rambling idiots. That's not talking about it.

#3,089 ·

nothing is wrong with me guys i am completely normal just little sad rafa lost its okay...
what happened why are you saying that?

#3,093 ·

nothing is wrong with me guys i am completely normal just little sad rafa lost its okay...
what happened why are you saying that?
I read some posts of you that suggest you are not completely normal.

#3,095 · (Edited)

I didn't see the match. I was at work at the start of the match and at the dentist at the finish of it so I can only go on what others have said about it.

I must say that I didn't see it coming. I know that Darcis is a good player (but lacking in consistency) but I didn't see him win this match when I first saw the draw.

There were rumours that he was limping a bit in Roland Garros now and then as well, but that didn't seem to be too much of a problem.
However, clay is a different animal for Nadal than grass.

On clay, he's more confident, his movement on that surface comes natural to him. For grass, he needs to adapt, it takes more time and he hasn't played a good, competitive match on grass in a long time.

The first week in Wimbledon is usually more tricky for Nadal than the second week, when talking about the surface: the grass gets trampled, brown and it's less slippery. He usually is more confident in his movement by week 2.

Having said that, if he can win Roland Garros with his knee that's not 100%, it's not really all that much of an excuse here.

Darcis did what he had to do. Steve loves playing on grass (as do most Belgian players) and he did indicate that the fact that Nadal didn't play a tournament before Wimbledon would give him a window of opportunity.

In short, I don't think that his physical shape was that different from Roland Garros, but he doesn't have confidence issues on clay and he has them on grass.

I'm guessing that Vika having a bad fall on the same court, just before his match, didn't help his confidence either.

So, I don't really think that the "knee" is that much of an issue but it's more a confidence issue and not enough time to prepare for first week Wimbledon grass (slippery, balls flying low so requiring more bending of the knee,...).

#3,096 · (Edited)

I didn't see the match. I was at work at the start of the match and at the dentist at the finish of it so I can only go on what others have said about it.

I must say that I didn't see it coming. I know that Darcis is a good player (but lacking in consistency) but I didn't see him win this match.

There were rumours that he was limping a bit in Roland Garros now and then as well, but that didn't seem to be too much of a problem.
However, clay is a different animal for Nadal than grass.

On clay, he's more confident, his movement on that surface comes natural to him. For grass, he needs to adapt, it takes more time and he hasn't played a good, competitive match on grass in a long time.

The first week in Wimbledon is usually more tricky for Nadal than the second week, when talking about the surface: the grass gets trampled, brown and it's less slippery. He usually is more confident in his movement by week 2.

Having said that, if he can win Roland Garros with his knee that's not 100%, it's not really all that much of an excuse here.

Darcis did what he had to do. Steve loves playing on grass (as do most Belgian players) and he did indicate that the fact that Nadal didn't play a tournament before Wimbledon would give him a window of opportunity.

In short, I don't think that his physical shape was that different from Roland Garros, but he doesn't have confidence issues on clay and he has them on grass.

I'm guessing that Vika having a bad fall on the same court, just before his match, didn't help his confidence either.

So, I don't really think that the "knee" is that much of an issue but it's more a confidence issue and not enough time to prepare for first week Wimbledon grass (slippery, balls flying low so requiring more bending of the knee,...).
I agree with most. Although I saw the match and Nadal was atrocious. Also he did not fight with the normal fire.
When I watched Nadal play at RG I already felt like something was not quite right. He moved very well but seemed quite unhappy to me. Kinda odd.

I don't really understand him. I suspect he has a somewhat dysfunctional relationship with his body. In the way that he plays thru serious pain to win no matter what. On the other hand, I never see him limp out there not matter what the movement. So maybe you are right and it it is mainly a confidence issue.

After all, it was pretty normal a couple years back when favorites lost in early round because on a bad day upsets can happen easily when the confidence is not there. So and don't think there is a real tragedy here. I'm pretty sure Fed will soon suffer a similar shock lose at a Slam. he has been quite lucky a couple of times.

#3,098 · (Edited)

I've seen it with other players as well, though.

When a player has had his/her share of injuries and one surface is tougher on their body, it's just much harder to find confidence on it.

For example, Kim Clijsters had her first succes on clay (with a final against Davenport IIRC) but as she had more and more injuries, the surface that bothered her most was clay (it was bad on her back) so even if the doctors gave their okay to play on clay, she still didn't dare go all out. Her matches were awful. She didn't even try in the end whereas she did always do her best on hardcourts (her best surface)

Malisse has a GS title in doubles on clay (partnering with Olivier Rochus) and after so many physical problems, he'd rather avoid clay whereas he still enjoys matches on grass (his favorite surface).

As I was sitting in the dentist chair and listening to the radio to excited Belgian tennis commentators :facepalm:, they did also say that Nadal's movement was off.

#3,101 ·

Did you see what Nath wrote, that the Italian media had reported Rafa booking a holiday in Italy starting July 1st already before the match. :spit: :rolleyes:
Tom, can I become a complete Fedtard? :angel: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.