Mens Tennis Forums banner

2010 is over. It's time...to relax...recharge...rest...

14K views 327 replies 19 participants last post by  solowyn 
#1 · (Edited)
Andy is still no.4 thankfully. A slightly erratic last few months finishes 2010.

2010 was a good year though. 2 MS titles, no.4 ranking kept and good finishes in the slams, bar US Open.
Now we can rest until 2011, and so can Andy :cool:

Andy's Results

China Open, Beijing

1st: def. Paul-Henri MATHIEU (FRA) 6-2 6-3
2nd: def. Albert MONTAÑÉS (ESP) 7-5 6-3
QFs: lt. Ivan LJUBICIC (CRO) 3-6 2-6

Another WTF moment in Murray's career, pretty bad loss.....

Onto Shanghai next....

Shanghai Masters, Shanghai

1st: BYE
2nd: def. Yan BAI (CHN) [WC] 6-2 6-2
3rd: def. Jeremy CHARDY (FRA) 6-3 6-4
QFs: def. Jo-Wilfried TSONGA (FRA) [12] 6-2 6-2
SFs: def. Juan MONACO (ARG) 6-4 6-1
Fin: def. Roger FEDERER (SWI) [3] 6-3 6-2

Great week for Andy, defeating Federer in another masters final....very easy title....hardest match was Chardy in the 3rd round......
Captured his 16th title, 2nd of the season and 6th masters title....and has qualified for WTF....congrats Andy :D :clap2:

Valencia next, where he is the second seed....

Valencia Open, Valencia

1st: def. Feliciano LOPEZ (SPA) 6-3 7-6(1)
2nd: lt. Juan MONACO (ARG) 2-6 6-3 2-6

Yet again, another WTF moment....comfortably beat Monaco in Shanghai...but now plays like utter crap.
Should play better in Paris considering it's a masters event...wouldn't be surprised to see him win it to be honest.

[SIZE=+3][SIZE=+2]Paris Masters[/SIZE][/SIZE]

R1: BYE
R2: def. David NALBANDIAN (ARG) 2-6 6-4 6-3
R3: vs. Marin CILIC (CRO) [13] 7-6(8-6) 3-6 6-3
QFs: lt. Gaël Monfils (FRA) [11] 2-6 6-2 3-6

On to WTF, where he is ranked no.5.
He can get to no.3 if he does well here.
He's in Group B, Along with Federer, Soderling and Ferrer.

[SIZE=+2]WTF, London[/SIZE]

RR1: def. Robin Soderling (SWE) [4] 6-2 6-4 :eek:
RR2: lt. Roger Federer (SWI) [2] 2-6 4-6
RR3: def. David Ferrer (SPA) [7] 6-2 6-2 :worship:
SFs: lt. Rafael Nadal (SPA) [1] 6-7(5) 6-3 6-7(6)

Slightly disappointing, but he lost to a good opponent.

Now, he trains hard in the off season and hopefully comes back with a vengeance next year.

See you all in 2011 :cool:

See less See more
#235 ·
Re: Road to WTF: Indoor Hardcourt Season - It's WTF time!

Well, this sucks. :(

#236 ·

Expected a fight-back in the second set, instead of this disappointing capitulation. Every set, every game conceded counts - he knows this from experience. A dog-fight against Ferrer is the last thing he needs, especially if Soderling beats Federer or even takes a set off him.

Fingers and all else crossed that he makes it to the semi-final. But seriously, he's too talented to need luck.

#240 ·

Win a fucking set Andy for the love of CHRIST.

I don't want another fiasco like last year where he packs up and goes home based on Game Difference.

I still remember that Federer-Del Potro match - they stitched Andy up perfectly. Not saying it was at all intentional but they managed to pull off a pretty unlikely scenario.

#241 ·

I had been at the Verdasco match in the afternoon and I just had a bad feeling when he dropped that set!!! My pal and I listened to the Fed - Del Potro match on the radio and it just seemed to slip to its inevitable - if unlikely - conclusion. How the hell they didn't know who had gone through and Delpo and Tevez had time for a kickabout while they worked it out is beyond me!!!
Andy doesn't even need a set, if he loses 6-4 6-4 that'll be enough games (I think) But for his (and my) mental health I want him to win in straights!!!

#247 ·

same:p

#252 ·

But he's in the SFs. So there you go.
In the case of picking your poison, I'll take the crappy serve that makes it in the semis. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.