• It's okay, but I don't understand the fuss about it

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • What the.. I don't even.. Huh?

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • It's awful and I hate it!

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.5%

Gangnam style is the first Youtube video ever to reach 2 (!!) Billion views!

25K views 321 replies 81 participants last post by  IBM 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, we have a thread for the Call me maybe song, and I believe this one deserves it even more.
The song was viewed almost 200 million times in 2 months that it's been on Youtube.
In case someone still hasn't heard it and seen the video, here's your chance:

I like it for its uniqueness, it's something really different than the usual American pop.
Also, the dance is great and chicks dig it. :cool:

Edit: 24 November- the Gangnam Style song reaches the amount of views higher than the number of views of the previous highest viewed video - Justin Bieber's song Baby.

Edit2: 21 December- Gangnam style becomes the first Youtube video ever to get over 1 Billion views! :banana:

Reactions: Mimi
#95 ·
#99 ·
Re: Your take on the Gangnam Style song

Massive bump. Long time no see.

#101 ·

I'm officially a PSYtard.

#103 ·

Just another example of a terrible but catchy tune becoming an international hit. The fact that it is embraced by No2e proves it is beyond cheesy, he also liked Call me Maybe and I assume he also enjoyed Rebecca Black's Friday.

We'll survive this like we survived Macarena, Barbie Girl and Las Ketchup. None of the artists behind those songs are legends. It is perfectly understandable to dislike crap with a passion.

#105 ·

Just another example of a terrible but catchy tune becoming an international hit. The fact that it is embraced by No2e proves it is beyond cheesy, he also liked Call me Maybe and I assume he also enjoyed Rebecca Black's Friday.

We'll survive this like we survived Macarena, Barbie Girl and Las Ketchup. None of the artists behind those songs are legends. It is perfectly understandable to dislike crap with a passion.
How can you possibly enjoy life when you keep complaining about everything?

#108 ·

I like it, but I don't think it's amazing. Definitely catchy though!

#111 ·

I'm ok with the video and the spirit of this song.
But it's definitely a terrible song. Not even catchy.

#116 ·

Guys, stop fighting in this holy thread!
Now, let's all dress classy and dance cheesy and forget all about this fight. :dance:

#126 ·

It scared me a lot to see a video where all korean crowd was dancing to the music. It looked close to a Nuremberg Hitler parade to me. A phenomeno some sociologist expert in internet and globalization would explain it better.

Not worse than a Rihanna song, however.

#129 ·

It scared me a lot to see a video where all korean crowd was dancing to the music. It looked close to a Nuremberg Hitler parade to me. A phenomeno some sociologist expert in internet and globalization would explain it better.

Not worse than a Rihanna song, however.
Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies[1][2]) is an argument made by Mike Godwin in 1990[2][non-primary source needed] that has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."[2][3] In other words, Godwin observed that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably makes a comparison to Hitler and the Nazis.

#128 ·

If it wasn't for the video it'd just be some shitty Asian dance song.

But the video's classic. Also, I think this could revolutionise music (like given Asian pop a voice in the Western world)

#130 ·

It seemed inevitable. Reaches No.1 in ARIA charts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.