Mens Tennis Forums banner

Madrid R2: Tsonga gives point to Harrison then finishes him off 6-2, 7-6(4)

2K views 28 replies 25 participants last post by  Mark Lenders 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Nice thing to do, hopefully Nadal watched.
Good match by Tsonga, really strong on serve except near the end of the match when he lost 3 points on serve in the TB. Ryan tried, but he's not good enough (yet).

Reactions: WhataQT
#7 ·
i like harrison, think he is talented, but he needs a kick up the arse over his attitude. he cant keep on acting like a 17 year old, he is 20 now. he also played this match shockingly when it came to tactics, stood 40 feet behind the baseline and let tsonga swing away and dictate things. tsonga is no clay court expert but if you give him high mid court balls he is gonna make more than he misses.

still i'm confident the right coach can sort these things with him

#13 ·
i like harrison, think he is talented, but he needs a kick up the arse over his attitude. he cant keep on acting like a 17 year old, he is 20 now. he also played this match shockingly when it came to tactics, stood 40 feet behind the baseline and let tsonga swing away and dictate things. tsonga is no clay court expert but if you give him high mid court balls he is gonna make more than he misses.

still i'm confident the right coach can sort these things with him
Unfortunately, that is his comfort zone. He is like that too in practice.

#12 ·
expected result for our Nation, Jo :worship:

#29 ·
Great attitude from Tsonga :worship:

Hope he keeps up the good tennis and beats Dolgo tomorrow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.