Not open for further replies.

Look, this is the new and improved djokoforum chat thread, you know?"

170K views 5K replies 36 participants last post by  arm 
#1 · (Edited)
Part two of the "new" chat thread ;)

Enjoy everyone :D

#155 ·
Re: The new (and improved) Djokoforum chat thread! Part 2

School is fine. Normal, but need to start studying for real ;)

getting ready for the wedding? :p

This was a bad day overall. I did nothing at all, besides eating junk food, feeling bad because of the hot hot weather (I am craving winter) and watch some tv. Baaaad day, but tomorrow will be much better. Need to get active. :lol:

how about your day? :kiss:

#157 ·

School is fine. Normal, but need to start studying for real ;)

getting ready for the wedding? :p

This was a bad day overall. I did nothing at all, besides eating junk food, feeling bad because of the hot hot weather (I am craving winter) and watch some tv. Baaaad day, but tomorrow will be much better. Need to get active. :lol:

how about your day? :kiss:
This sounds like a very good day to me :tape: I hope I can do nothing and just eat junk food :p

#156 ·

:p A bit of sleep last night but overall, still tired as only 4 hours the night before :shrug: Real torture from my therapist yesterday as he focus on the part of the shoulder that was not doing as well as other parts. Basically, I can move my arm and shoulder except in a certain way without too much pain. But the guy really has magical fingers/hands. My shoulder and neck muscles were very tight after all the exercises I did before he worked on my shoulder. He applied pressure at certain points and the muscles relaxed.

Anyway, I am still very stressed. Another reason for the very tightened muscles and tireness. Keep telling myself to relax but making very slow progress :shrug: Hubby also has similar problem with his right shoulder although not as severe as me. I taught him the exercises but of course, he did not do them :rolleyes:

#158 ·

:p A bit of sleep last night but overall, still tired as only 4 hours the night before :shrug: Real torture from my therapist yesterday as he focus on the part of the shoulder that was not doing as well as other parts. Basically, I can move my arm and shoulder except in a certain way without too much pain. But the guy really has magical fingers/hands. My shoulder and neck muscles were very tight after all the exercises I did before he worked on my shoulder. He applied pressure at certain points and the muscles relaxed.

Anyway, I am still very stressed. Another reason for the very tightened muscles and tireness. Keep telling myself to relax but making very slow progress :shrug: Hubby also has similar problem with his right shoulder although not as severe as me. I taught him the exercises but of course, he did not do them :rolleyes:
:hug: small steps, you will get there!

This sounds like a very good day to me :tape: I hope I can do nothing and just eat junk food :p
really bad day for me. Feeling depressed all day. :( I can't, just can't stop. :shrug:

#160 ·

oh my god, I can't believe how snob and insensitive some people can be. :facepalm: Some people just have no idea what's like barely having enough money to eat... really makes me sad to understand that they really believe in what they post in GM... :sad:

#161 ·

oh my god, I can't believe how snob and insensitive some people can be. :facepalm: Some people just have no idea what's like barely having enough money to eat... really makes me sad to understand that they really believe in what they post in GM... :sad:
What??? :eek:

Poverty — it’s not for the faint of heart.

Here’s a heartwarming story from Story Corps. It’s a method for people to record their real life stories and have them archived. This one was a son with his mother. He asks her questions about how she managed to raise him and his four brothers.

She had no education and I don’t know if the father had died or left her, but she was on her own with these 5 boys. She worked as a janitor and then nurses aide in a hospital. She did all the dirtiest jobs. She bought left over chicken parts like the wings and the necks and boiled them with rice to feed her boys. She bought them clothing a thrift stores. She worked all the overtimes she could and put that money aside for Christmas and took time off at Christmas. Her son said they never felt poor. But they had to go to school and they had to do good. They saw her working so very hard for them. And all the boys went to college and the one talking was a doctor. You could hear the love between them.

#164 ·

Lee, driving down to Bryce, I listened to a book that I think you will like a lot. I’m not even half done yet.

Anyway, it’s called Factory Girls, and it’s about the immigrants from the rural areas to the factory towns in south China. These girls are so brave and resourceful. I feel like I’d be a total failure in China. It’s really good. The author is of Chinese heritage, but born in the U.S. She got an apartment and lived in the area as she kept trying to learn about the girls working in the factories. Most would not talk to her.

She said she felt like she was running from China her whole life, but China kept finding her. She studied American History in college. She moved to Prague. In Prague, she was stopped by a Chinese couple who asked her for directions in Mandrian. She almost didn’t answer them because they were seeing her as Chinese. But, she did tell them the directions. But the incident got her thinking about herself.

#165 ·

Chinese women are amazingly resilient. May be because they are suppressed and treated as second class citizen for such a long time.

And about China calling: I think most of us has the need to look for our roots.

The whole family, including Brutus, went out yesterday. We ate t the courtyard in a nearby tourist site and Brutus attracted lots of Ooohs and Aaahs and part of the tourisits picture collection :lol: Hubby ačted like a proud daddy enjoying the spotlight :rolls: Then we went to Bryce Thompson Arboretum and bought pots of succulent plants :dance: But it was really hot yesterday as mother nature forgets it is supposed to be Fall now.

#167 ·

Chinese women are amazingly resilient. May be because they are suppressed and treated as second class citizen for such a long time.

And about China calling: I think most of us has the need to look for our roots.

The whole family, including Brutus, went out yesterday. We ate t the courtyard in a nearby tourist site and Brutus attracted lots of Ooohs and Aaahs and part of the tourisits picture collection :lol: Hubby ačted like a proud daddy enjoying the spotlight :rolls: Then we went to Bryce Thompson Arboretum and bought pots of succulent plants :dance: But it was really hot yesterday as mother nature forgets it is supposed to be Fall now.
I’m sure people do. I always took an interest in mine, so I didn’t have to look when I was grown. Her interest turned into a nice book. These girls are so young and seemingly valiant. In the middle of the book the author takes time to tell the story of her family which is not as interesting to me as is the lives of the factory girls. I admire them and also the author because trying to find out about them and keep up with them must have been very difficult.

The photos I took in Sweden are on FB now, star :p see, you put photos for me, I put photos for you :p
I will take a look after I finish the dinner process. :p

:kiss: thank you!

#169 ·

The photos I took in Sweden are on FB now, star :p see, you put photos for me, I put photos for you :p
OMG YOU WERE IN THE LAND OF ASKARS :hearts: :p

I'm dead now :eek:

#180 ·

Gosh that lake Lee!!! :inlove: Take me there, take me there now!
Thanks for sharing the photos, you know we love to see them. :D

I will be so effin' broke after my trip to Paris, it's not even funny. :lol:

#184 ·

Gosh that lake Lee!!! :inlove: Take me there, take me there now!
Thanks for sharing the photos, you know we love to see them. :D

I will be so effin' broke after my trip to Paris, it's not even funny. :lol:
and now this! That glaciar!!! :hearts:

How are you doing, btw? Better? rested? :hug:
You break into my pic spam :p :lol:

We are all broke :shrug: I have a HUGE credit card bill to pay at the beginning of November :sobbing:

Plan a summer in Canada, you can see ALL the lakes you want.

I hope my worst depression is behind me. Fingers crossed.

#199 ·

Rx writing? Is it more like knowing which drugs you should use for something? Everything I do these days is completely computerized and I can now enter Rxs in the computer press a button and off it goes via the internet to the pharmacy of the patient's choice. It's a miracle! :lol:

Good luck!

#200 · (Edited)

Rx writing? Is it more like knowing which drugs you should use for something? Everything I do these days is completely computerized and I can now enter Rxs in the computer press a button and off it goes via the internet to the pharmacy of the patient's choice. It's a miracle! :lol:

Good luck!
:lol: The end of the saga of physicians’ illegible handwriting.

Lee! Gorgeous photos. Of course, I love the pictures of Brutus :hearts: best. I’ll bet he loves to be in the cool tall grass.

Also, I’m glad your shoulder is doing better. Kudos for hanging in there with the PT.

Raquel Hope your spirits are revived and good luck on the exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.