Look, this is the new and improved djokoforum chat thread, you know?"

170K views 5K replies 36 participants last post by  arm 
#1 · (Edited)
Part two of the "new" chat thread ;)

Enjoy everyone :D

#44 ·
Re: The new (and improved) Djokoforum chat thread! Part 2

Happy birthday star :D I'm glad I popped in :D :dance:

In other news... I bought a car a few days ago :speakles: I had my old one for 10 yrs, ever since I got my license, so this was very exciting for me :) I am a big girl now :lol:

#45 ·

Happy birthday star :D I'm glad I popped in :D :dance:

In other news... I bought a car a few days ago :speakles: I had my old one for 10 yrs, ever since I got my license, so this was very exciting for me :) I am a big girl now :lol:
Wow! This is your first car that is your very own? I mean totally with your own money?

Great step in life. I remember my first car with all my own money and responsibility. :yeah:

So, tell us about the car. What color? What model?

I’ve kind of got new car fever, but I’m trying to push it back — my last car was in 2006, so I can’t really complain.

:kiss: Thanks for the birthday wishes.

#51 ·

Mine is much hotter than that :inlove: :)

ohmygosh. You had to leave the poor thing outside in the rain???? :sad: You couldn’t bring it inside the house? Sleep curled up with it?

:silly:

What’s the diff between a moon roof and a sun roof?
Yes :( My poor baby is damp and cold :sad:

No difference that I know of I guess :p I suppose there might be some sort of technical difference :p

#52 ·

I googled :D
Sunroof is the generic term used to describe any panel in a vehicle roof which can let in light and/or air. While most sunroof panels are operable, some may be fixed.
The term moonroof was used in the 70's to describe a glass panel inbuilt electric sunroof, and is now used generically to describe all glass panel inbuilt sunroofs. An inbuilt sunroof is one where the operable panel slides between the vehicle roof and headliner, and is often powered but may be manually operated.

So it's one of those... all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares type of deal :p :lol:

#54 ·

I googled :D

So it's one of those... all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares type of deal :p :lol:
:lol:

I can’t wait to see it.

Whenever I get a new car, I have this horrible fear for a few weeks that it’s going to be stolen or something will happen to it. It’s stupid, I know.

#70 ·

If you want long security line, try las vegas....... I remember one time, after random pick, my borading pass got a "XXXX" sign, and got special treatment since. waited at special line, passed through strange machine ... took extra 30 mins. HATE IT !!!! :facepalm:

#74 ·

If you want long security line, try las vegas....... I remember one time, after random pick, my borading pass got a "XXXX" sign, and got special treatment since. waited at special line, passed through strange machine ... took extra 30 mins. HATE IT !!!! :facepalm:
I won't fly to Las Vegas, that's for sure. :lol:

My worst nightmare was here in Phoenix. It was less than a year after 9/11 and I was going back to Calgary with my son who was 5 years old. I forgot to take the keychain out of my purse and was stopped to check for explosive :rolleyes: They seperated me from my son and he did not understand what happened. He wandered away and I could not go after him other than shout. My hubby was on the other side of security (at that time, security check line was still wide open) and he did not know what happened and we both were worried to death.

#72 ·

I just came toy say.... Janko won...

And I'm so...

so...

fdhsjklhjkdsh

Now I DO want to get Tipsy :p e.e

#79 · (Edited)

First meeting with my physical therapist, a really gorgeous looking guy :lol: But his job is to torture me :p

But today is mainly evaluation and my next session will be worse according to him :eek:

To top it, another dust storm. I lost count of how many this year. A year ago, it's a hail storm which made hundreds of dents on my car. At least this year, only dust covered my car.:rolleyes:

And from the short distance from my therapist to my son's school, I saw two accidents, not sure if that's because of the dust storm. One is worse because it involved a school bus with lots of kids. don't think any were injured but they were out ot the bus and stood in the open filed near the off ramp to the freeway with a dust storm around. Poor kids. :awww:

#88 ·

Yes we do :p Hope the funeral and all went ok. Not a happy time.
How are you? Where are you in your studies at the moment? Clinic yet? I am in the midst of proctoring a med student and thankfully it is almost over :lol;

#89 ·

Yes we do :p Hope the funeral and all went ok. Not a happy time.
How are you? Where are you in your studies at the moment? Clinic yet? I am in the midst of proctoring a med student and thankfully it is almost over :lol;
You're here! :bounce: :D

Lots and lots of patients. I hate dermatology, so that's a no for me. ENT is actually cool. :cool: but forensics medicine NEVER in my life, I would rather choose another job. :lol: What else, I like psychiatry obviously and gastrenterology, I am loving it, I really am!

Do you teach a lot? Are there a lot of med students in your hospital?

#90 ·

:hug:
There is a retired doc who is the head of student teaching for an "island" medical school ( won't tell you what I think of that :tape: )
I take about 2-3 students a year for a 30-40 hour elective so to speak. The good ones will do a lot of cancer medicine with me; the bad ones will at least be taught how to take a history and a physical exam :lol:

I used to teach at Tufts in RadOnc about 6 times a year for a whole day but once I had my kdis I wanted my day off for them so stopped doing that about 16 years ago when my oldest was 2.

You will know what works for you once you get there. So many fields and they are all different.

The hospital I am in has a family practice residency program and occasionally I lecture to them about Radiation Oncology.

#91 ·

I have to admit that oncology is not for me either. But might be a bit too soon for me to say. People always it takes courage to go to psychiatry, but I actually don't think it takes all that courage, unlike oncology.

which areas did you consider besides oncology? What made you choose it? If I may ask :p

#92 ·

Well to make a long story short :lol:
When I was in Med School my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and that started me doing all sorts of learning on my own ( onc was not something one really learned in Med School when I was attending) So I really always wanted oncology but actually thought of MedOnc before I happened to chance upon the specialty of radonc which fascinated me much more so that's that. I was accepted into a really good residency because when I was applying it was rather easy for an American trained student to get a position. RadOnc had for years been the bastard child of oncology .

#93 ·

and................although I sometimes bemoan my age I was in the right place at the right time so to speak :lol:

#94 ·

Sorry about your mom :hug: Thanks for sharing and it makes sense!
I like internal medicine very much, because it's the basics, but here in Portugal that means having no personal life at all, your job is your life. And I don't want that for me. When the time comes for me to choose, I will certainly take may factors in consideration, and having time for myself, my family and friends will be a huge one. ;)
Some peole will say I am not a true doctor and I am not commited enough. :shrug: I don't care, just like an engineer has a life besides his job, all the doctors are entiled to that as well. :shrug: I want to help people and I want to be good at it, but I like other stuff as well. :lol:

#97 ·

Sorry about your mom :hug: Thanks for sharing and it makes sense!
I like internal medicine very much, because it's the basics, but here in Portugal that means having no personal life at all, your job is your life. And I don't want that for me. When the time comes for me to choose, I will certainly take may factors in consideration, and having time for myself, my family and friends will be a huge one. ;)
Some peole will say I am not a true doctor and I am not commited enough. :shrug: I don't care, just like an engineer has a life besides his job, all the doctors are entiled to that as well. :shrug: I want to help people and I want to be good at it, but I like other stuff as well. :lol:
good for you; me too! And I am a workaholic but the specialty allows me time! Look I slum on MTF and work too! :lol:

Lee :wavey:

#95 ·

Sitting at the gate waiting for the plane heading home.

Funeral went smoothly and thank my FIL's spirit because it started to rain on my way to Calgary for two days but the sun came out the morning of his funeral.

Hubby and I have married for 23 1/2 years, added another 2 years before the marriage, but yesterday was the first time I saw him cried when his brother gave the eulogy. My boy cried in public the first time too (not counting when he was a baby/toddler).

I forgot my wool jacket for the funeral but fortunately, the black wrap I brought did a very good job for keeping me warm as temp. was at mid-low 10s. The problem was I woke up at 3:30 the morning of the funeral to remember this. At least I remember to pack my clothes last minute from home. I looked like a zombie most of the time here :eek:

The good thing is I saw a few people I missed. We had dinner with Jr.'s godparents as they were away last time we were in town. I had a long talk with my niece about her life and wedding plans. We also missed hubby's older nephew but that poor boy had even less sleeping then I did. He had to finish 2 projects from Uni during his less than 48 hours stay after he finished one exam before he caught the flight. We also ran into the retired priest who was quite important to our life during our time in Calgary.

time to board the plane. :wavey:

#96 ·

Sitting at the gate waiting for the plane heading home.

Funeral went smoothly and thank my FIL's spirit because it started to rain on my way to Calgary for two days but the sun came out the morning of his funeral.

Hubby and I have married for 23 1/2 years, added another 2 years before the marriage, but yesterday was the first time I saw him cried when his brother gave the eulogy. My boy cried in public the first time too (not counting when he was a baby/toddler).

I forgot my wool jacket for the funeral but fortunately, the black wrap I brought did a very good job for keeping me warm as temp. was at mid-low 10s. The problem was I woke up at 3:30 the morning of the funeral to remember this. At least I remember to pack my clothes last minute from home. I looked like a zombie most of the time here :eek:

The good thing is I saw a few people I missed. We had dinner with Jr.'s godparents as they were away last time we were in town. I had a long talk with my niece about her life and wedding plans. We also missed hubby's older nephew but that poor boy had even less sleeping then I did. He had to finish 2 projects from Uni during his less than 48 hours stay after he finished one exam before he caught the flight. We also ran into the retired priest who was quite important to our life during our time in Calgary.

time to board the plane. :wavey:
Glad you managed to take some good things from this trip. :hug: It's always good spending time with family, regardless of the circunstances. Now you get to go home and rest. It must have been strange and worrying see hubby and Lee Jr cry. :hug: But it's only normal, everyone will be fine soon. :hug:

My grandfather's brother (my father's uncle) also died last friday. It was not very traumatic to my family, because my father didn't have a special connection with him like I have with all my aunts and uncles... because he had so many uncles and aunts that the family was a bit apart. It would have been very difficult for my grandfather to handle, but sadly with his condition (he has alzheimer's) he didn't understand and has no idea what happened.

#99 ·

Well I am a bit under the weather today so slumming all day in the house even though it was gorgeous outside:p Youngest has been out and about all day and is due home soon so time to make dinner I guess.

Oldest is away in college and hubby is there with him until thursday when he comes home. Funny is the the house stays really clean and I have minimal laundry when it is just me or one of the kids :haha: Doesn't say much for hubs does it...............

#100 ·

Well I am a bit under the weather today so slumming all day in the house even though it was gorgeous outside:p Youngest has been out and about all day and is due home soon so time to make dinner I guess.

Oldest is away in college and hubby is there with him until thursday when he comes home. Funny is the the house stays really clean and I have minimal laundry when it is just me or one of the kids :haha: Doesn't say much for hubs does it...............
Men :rolleyes: :rolls: The oldest is in college near seatle right? In Washington state? But you live the east coast? :scratch: Or maybe I have the wrong idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.