Not open for further replies.

Look, this is the new and improved djokoforum chat thread, you know?"

170K views 5K replies 36 participants last post by  arm 
#1 · (Edited)
Part two of the "new" chat thread ;)

Enjoy everyone :D

#668 ·
Re: The new (and improved) Djokoforum chat thread! Part 2

Happy early Bday Lee- working tomorrow so in case I forget I don't want to be late :p
GL on your exam(s) Raquel!

Reactions: arm
#671 ·

Everything is going to go wrong on your bday Lee. :hysteric: For me. And except your bday obviously. We will have the best online party ever. :aparty:

Sue, you're in! :p

And wher is star when we need her the most? :hysteric: She has abandoned us? :bigcry: Tomorrow is going to go baaaaad, and Nole is going to lose. :bigcry: Feeling very pessimistic and impatient here. :awww:

#677 ·

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Lee!!! :aparty: :banana: :dance:

:aparty::aparty:

(BTW, I didn't do this myself. :eek:)

Let's celebrate :woohoo:

Thanks for being my friend. :hug: May you have a great day, because you deserve it. :D And as a present, today's scores will go the way you want. So let me know if you Roger or Rafa to win, besides the obvious choice between Fishy and Tsonga. :lol:

Attachments

#680 ·

That is absolutely FAB!!!!!!! Thanks Raquel :hug: :kiss:

but today's results totally sucks in single but I am very happy with doubles
A very weird combination for dinner. Prime rib and sushi :lol:
The exam was not so bad. I hope you are having a great day :D I won't ask what's the number :p

#683 ·

Lot's of time to study after WTF. :hug:

I will miss Nole's match again tomorrow. Doctor's appointment for Jr. MRI on Friday myself so if he plays the night match which is ery likely, I will miss that one too :banghead:

#685 ·

Happy birthday lee! :wavey:

#689 ·

Happy birthday Lee :D

And happy thanksgiving to all who are celebrating this week :hug: :wavey:
And to you and yours as well Jess; are you in the middle of this Northeaster too?;) We opted to stay home this year for T day and hubs did not quite make it to the store to get food yesterday;)

Happy Thanksgiving all who celebrate it here!

#692 ·

Snow, sleet,freezing rain at the mo. I have this flowering crab tree next to the house and the snow is so heavy that the branches are on the driveway :eek: Looks like it is tapering off so most likely I will go do the shopping. Have put my new snow tires on :banana: So I get to try them out. First time in 20 years here that I opted for snow tires. Other than my stubbornness not sure what took me so long :lol: And oh yeah just love it when we get plowed in.

#694 ·

Happy Thanksgiving americans. :p

We don't have such thing here, but I kind of wish we did! It's like a second Christmas. I want it too. :awww:
It is my Xmas :p Food is good. We are having Turkey, stuffing, baked and mashed potatoes, salad, green beans, rice pilaf and Blueberry pie for dessert. Lots of leftovers to feed us through the weekend:p

#699 ·

I really wish we had something like that. :awww: I am actually bringing my closest friends here tonight for dinner, and my excuse was "it's our thanksgiving". :D

But I guess Christmas is that for us... even if you're not religious, everyone celebrates it here. It's less and less about Christ and more and more about family. That is why I asked Sue.

#700 ·

I really wish we had something like that. :awww: I am actually bringing my closest friends here tonight for dinner, and my excuse was "it's our thanksgiving". :D

But I guess Christmas is that for us... even if you're not religious, everyone celebrates it here. It's less and less about Christ and more and more about family. That is why I asked Sue.
But Christmas sort of excludes Muslims, Jews, and Hindus and other religions. Even if it doesn’t seem religious to those of us who were raised within the christian tradition. I think those of other faiths feel a little bit odd about celebrating it enthusiastically.

I know I don’t’ really feel included on Mormon Day. Well, they call it Pioneer Day, but we all know it’s celebrating the mormon settlement of Utah. It’s not something non-mormons really get into even though mormons don’t mean to exclude us and even would like to include us — but we don’t want to be included.

#701 ·

I understand what you mean. My point really was that here in Portugal, we don't have that big of a need for Thanksgiving just because Christmas kind of works like that for us. :) Even for those who are not christian.

I need to make sure that once in my life I am in the US for thanksgiving. :bounce: where would be the best place to spend the holiday?

#702 ·

I understand what you mean. My point really was that here in Portugal, we don't have that big of a need for Thanksgiving just because Christmas kind of works like that for us. :) Even for those who are not christian.

I need to make sure that once in my life I am in the US for thanksgiving. :bounce: where would be the best place to spend the holiday?
It’s really a family thing. There’s very little public celebration except some cities hold a parade.

Are you sure non-christians are ok with celebrating christmas? I don’t mean atheists, but those of another faith such as Jews and Muslims.

I liked it is Germany when they tied undecorated trees to the tops of buildings. It seemed so pagan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.