WWW Monte Carlo Dream F: [3] Stanislas Wawrinka vs [4] Roger Federer

11K views 154 replies 115 participants last post by  Imperfect Angel 
#1 ·
:hearts::hearts::hearts:

Hope for the better player to win..

But... GO FOR IT ROGER!!!!!!!!

#29 ·
Re: WWW Dream Monte Carlo F: [3] Stanislas Wawrinka vs [4] Roger Federer

Congrats on the new set of babies Boss, here's my gift.

Roger in 3 :D

#31 ·

Hopefully Fed as he needs the points more. But like people said, tennis has already been saved :aparty:

#34 ·

Tards will discover that Wawrinka's been only good so far against players who allowed him to be...
No moonballing or pushing tomorrow, Stan will get blast off the court by the superior shotmaker, the legend Roger Federer!

#154 ·

Tards will discover that Wawrinka's been only good so far against players who allowed him to be...
No moonballing or pushing tomorrow, Stan will get blast off the court by the superior shotmaker, the legend Roger Federer!
:haha:

#40 ·

People saying Waw bends over to Fed like he's actually supposed to win! :spit:

Fed roasts talented shotmakers, and that's because he's their king!

#43 ·

Rafa missing another Djokoless final chance. sigh.

#44 ·

More a toss up than it once was, winning a Slam certainly should have cured some of the demons that Wawrinka faces when he plays Federer. Still, Federer should be the favorite

#45 ·

Me smells, the Slave will bend over to his Master yet again tomorrow and the old man will steal yet another missing title when someone took out Rafa.

#48 ·

Me smells, the Slave will bend over to his Master yet again tomorrow and the old man will steal yet another missing title when someone took out Rafa.
:baby::baby::baby:

#47 ·

Fed's been there, done that a gazillion times. If Stan plays like in set 2 against Ferrer he'll lose in straights

#53 · (Edited)

Interesting facts to consider:

1. The last time Fed faced Stan was 2013 Indian Wells -- close match as Stan lost 7-5 in the decider.
2. Last time Stan faced Fed on Clay is on Roland Garros last 2011 losing in straight sts.
3. The only match Stan won against Fed was in 2009...in Monte Carlo in straight Sets -- also the same year Fed won RG.
4. This would be the first Final between them. This match would also determine if Stan still stays World #3 and Swiss #1 -- lose here and he swaps places with Fed.

Should be a fun match. I hope Stan wins though, but a first time MC winner is cool either way. It looks like "all bets are off" are really true now.

#106 ·

Interesting facts to consider:
3. The only match Stan won against Fed was in 2009...in Monte Carlo in straight Sets -- also the same year Fed won RG.
Also when Mirka was pregnant. The parallels are unnerving...someone alert Groove.

Joking aside, they are two different matches in different circumstances 5 years apart. I'm not sure it would be wise to read too much into their 2009 encounter.

#54 ·

Stan in 2. Roger was lucky to face a big clown in Tsonga and then and injured Nole.

#59 · (Edited)

Real test of whether Stan belongs at the very top, or is just a a second tier player temporarily sitting at the top because of his one big win.

He needs to have the attitude that he can win, and should win. He has won a slam but hasn't won a masters yet, in terms of level of play alone has got a huge chance here to get his first one and cement his position as the best player of the year so far. The top tier of players don't bend over happily, so if he smiles and lets his master win the title without putting up the level of fight he is capable of, he shows imo that he has not completed his transformation and deserves not to be the Swis no. 1.

#60 ·

I want roger to win. Damn hopefully no bend overs tomorrow. I want to see a bloodfest of attacking tennis on clay tomorrow. Roger winning his first Monte Carlo will be awesome! But wawrinka winning his first master over roger will be also sweet. You won't see me complaining tomorrow for sure.

Reactions: Joey Tribbiani
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.