Mens Tennis Forums banner

Wimbledon SF: Pospisil/Sock def. (5) Paes/Stepanek 7-6 (7-5) 6-3 6-4

3K views 30 replies 25 participants last post by  Snowwy 
#1 ·
Now, this is remarkable. Never in my wildest dreams did I think they could pull this off.

#6 ·
Vasek! :D :eek: :D :eek:

I know it's a tall order vs the Bryans, but it sure would be funny at the end of the week -- after Canadian TV has been talking up Milos & Genie for days and not mentioning the doubles -- if Vasek is the only Canadian bringing home a GS title! :lol:

#12 ·
He pulled a douche move last year by leaving his Wimbledon doubles partner in the lurch. That's about it, though. He's not a bad guy it all, just your normal slightly cocky American male.

edit: Oh yeah, people also dislike him because he takes too many wildcards.

#15 ·
Sock is a good doubles player. I remeber his good runs with James Blake last year in the US hardcourts

#20 ·
Pospisil is actually a really good doubles player. In a lot of Canada's Davis Cup matches he's paired with Daniel Nestor and often it's Vasek who's doing the heavy lifting/ His singles career is tough rn because he had trouble rounding into form after his back injury but he's still got it in doubles.

Sock is a bit entitled and has received some hype for no good reason at all and it went to his head (kinda like Sloane. He lacks a bit of professionalism (the way he carried himself in his R2 match vs Milos wasn't very respectable) but he is a pretty good doubles player, somewhat because he doesn't have to hit his backhand, the worst backhand in the top 100.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.