Mens Tennis Forums banner

Commentary at its finest

405K views 3K replies 697 participants last post by  Burrow 
#1 ·
Post any noteworthy pieces of commentary that you wish to share.

#426 ·
Re: Commentary at its best

Same Betfair guy.

"Verdasco, getting a massage and a brain overhaul".

#427 ·

Adler and Goodall having fun during a changeover in the Baghdatis match: :D

Goodall: "Layhani in an enviable position there surrounded by some beautiful young lasses..."
Adler: "...all responding to his beck and call."
Goodall: "As it should be! Like you and Gisella."
Adler: "Right. I say jump and Gisella says how high...... NOT! But I've heard that you rule the roost"

#430 ·

Jason Goodall on Safin's performance against Karlovic:

"He was dressed like a clown and he played like a clown".
Great call that was.

#435 · (Edited)

During the Nalbandian-del Potro match the camera showed Pedro Almodovar in the stands:

Goodall: "Have you seen 'Volver' or 'Tie me up tie me down' Doug?"
Adler: : "No, I haven't."
Goodall: "Well there's the director of those movies, very famous around these parts. Penelope Cruz played a part in 'Volver'..."
Adler: "All I know is he didn't ask ME to play a part." :silly:
Goodall: "I did say he was a GOOD director." :lol:

#444 ·

Before the Nalbandian-Nadal match started Lars Graff gave the thumbs up to the camera:

Adler: "I think that thumb is getting bigger." :scratch: :confused:
Goodall: "Something else is getting bigger, his waistline" :tape: :lol:

Later on in the match about the effect of yesterday's tough match on Nadal's knees:

Adler: "He was limping after the match."
Goodall: "So you follow him around in the locker room?" :lol:
Adler: "No I was waiting outside for an autograph."
Goodall: "You mean HE was waiting for your autograph."

#445 ·

Goodall keeps Adler in line.

#449 ·

Love that.
Koenig on Lopez.

He's got the chiselled looks. He's got the sleeveless top on. I'm not sure about the little brown handbag to the side of him though.
:haha:

As for American commentators, I'm currently forced to watch Starsports on livestream and can't help but notice that they still don't know how to pronounce Rafa's name.

"Rafieeyell Neeeydall" Ugh. :mad:

#452 ·

On ATP Master's TV yesterday, Lopez was playing Koubek. There was a soccer player form Real Madrid watching (sorry I don't know anything about soccer so I don't know who it was but he had long hair). Anyway one of the announcers said "Hopefully Lopez and (this soccer player) will be able to meet up after the match and exchange grooming tips."

#455 ·

TV España, there are two commentators one is Corretja and not sure about the other one.

They show this Argentine female fan with a short skirt and nice breasts, she has the Argentine number 10 on her shirt. Not Corretja the other bloke says 'Ahhh! Maradona". So blatant.

#459 ·

TV España, there are two commentators one is Corretja and not sure about the other one.

They show this Argentine female fan with a short skirt and nice breasts, she has the Argentine number 10 on her shirt. Not Corretja the other bloke says 'Ahhh! Maradona". So blatant.
What was so funny there?

#456 ·

was at rf.com when someone posted this hilarious piece of commentary:

Some gems from yesterday's Roger's and today's Stan's match:
- "Welcome back in Zurich where Roger Federer is trying to defend his title".
- "In next round Federer may face Russell against whom he played during US Open(you mean FO right?) this year and Russell managed to take set off him" (I think he meant Isner, wait this is now the USO ).
- (camera showing Paganini) "Here's Wawrinka's coach. He's been working with Wawrinka since he was 8 years old." (i see, swiss are all clones)

#461 ·

was at rf.com when someone posted this hilarious piece of commentary:

Some gems from yesterday's Roger's and today's Stan's match:
- "Welcome back in Zurich where Roger Federer is trying to defend his title".
- "In next round Federer may face Russell against whom he played during US Open(you mean FO right?) this year and Russell managed to take set off him" (I think he meant Isner, wait this is now the USO ).
- (camera showing Paganini) "Here's Wawrinka's coach. He's been working with Wawrinka since he was 8 years old." (i see, swiss are all clones)
Not enough factual errors here, but which commentators was it?

#458 ·

I watched a Mahut match on Betfair a while back and last night was the first time since that I have seen Mahut play. The stupid commentator on Betfair called him Mahooee and now that's the way his name now pops into my head.

Argggg....

#466 ·

Wally Masur on Lopez : "He has never met a mirror that he never liked".

John Fitzgerald on LaLo as well. " He hit a forehand that hit the backboard of the Margaret Court arena and that is a big distance, the scary thing was it sounded like it came off the middle of the racquet".

#468 ·

Wally Masur on Lopez : "He has never met a mirror that he never liked".

John Fitzgerald on LaLo as well. " He hit a forehand that hit the backboard of the Margaret Court arena and that is a big distance, the scary thing was it sounded like it came off the middle of the racquet".
:lol::lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.