Mens Tennis Forums banner

Shanghai R2: Wawrinka def. Anderson 6-4 3-6 7-6 (5)

2K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  zjtennis 
#1 ·
The commentators in the stream I am watching said that Warwinka was down 2-5 in tiebreaker. Good thing he held his nerve and recovered, but that is just a close call. Raonic or Verdasco next.

#8 ·
Re: Shangai R1: (8) Stan Wawrinka def. Anderson 6-4 3-6 7-6 (5)

Stan winning a tb? are u for real? :worship:

#9 ·

Bah, all the good matches are on untelevised court 3 today ... from the service stats, looked like Stan dominated more than the scoreline would indicate ... as soon as Anderson blew that *5-4 point in 3rd TB, I kind of knew it was over.

#22 ·

Bah, all the good matches are on untelevised court 3 today ... from the service stats, looked like Stan dominated more than the scoreline would indicate ... as soon as Anderson blew that *5-4 point in 3rd TB, I kind of knew it was over.
This has been a problem.

I would have loved to watch Monfils-Popsicle.

#10 ·

I actually remembered this match was supposedly in the Grandstand (where coincidentally the non-Slam winners in the Top 10 are in, while the Slam winners in Top 10 are in the Stadium) but for some reason they bumped it for Nishikori. I wished I could've seen it too, especially being a first time Top 8 player this week. Win is a win though.

#18 ·

I actually remembered this match was supposedly in the Grandstand (where coincidentally the non-Slam winners in the Top 10 are in, while the Slam winners in Top 10 are in the Stadium) but for some reason they bumped it for Nishikori. I wished I could've seen it too, especially being a first time Top 8 player this week. Win is a win though.
Probably for better Asian crowd & TV ratings ... should have bumped Ferrer / Rosol IMHO :)

#11 ·

A very important win against a tricky opponent. Great comeback as well. I can't complain. :) :yeah:

#13 ·
#23 ·
Gutted that this wasn't televised, still a good win for Stan against a tricky opponent. Ideal scenario for me is to have both Swiss in the WTF, shame at has to come at Richard's expense if it happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.