M.Muzza.M Chat - Page 69 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-13-2014, 10:17 PM   #1021
country flag Murray Mint

Murray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: M.Muzza.M Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
Remember the match again Fed in Australia- how distant a memory that seems.
I thought that was a true passing of the torch at the time. It went 5 sets but Andy was all over him, all match, could've been 3 sets but for a couple of great Fed tiebreakers. Who ever could've foreseen that near 2 years down the line, this could happen... People would write it off as '2013 Federer', but he didn't pick up that back injury until Indian Wells.

I wouldn't be surprised if Andy is a lot better in 2015, but you can't help but be uncertain and pessimistic after a match like that. I'm just glad he won Wimbledon before that back surgery. We didn't know it at the time, but that could've been his last real chance.
Murray Mint is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2014, 01:19 AM   #1022
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Mint View Post
I thought that was a true passing of the torch at the time. It went 5 sets but Andy was all over him, all match, could've been 3 sets but for a couple of great Fed tiebreakers. Who ever could've foreseen that near 2 years down the line, this could happen... People would write it off as '2013 Federer', but he didn't pick up that back injury until Indian Wells.

I wouldn't be surprised if Andy is a lot better in 2015, but you can't help but be uncertain and pessimistic after a match like that. I'm just glad he won Wimbledon before that back surgery. We didn't know it at the time, but that could've been his last real chance.
that performance at the AO in 13 was one of Andy's best, agressive tennis backed out with an incredible serving display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:38 PM   #1023
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. Do you mind if I pop in and distribute ? It sounds as though you need it

That was brutal. I didn't see it, but the radio commentators said it was one of the best matches they'd ever seen Fed play. There are days when someone is so on fire that you can't do anything about it and just have to suffer through it - London 2012 rings a bell. But I am sorry for Andy that it was his last match of the season, because I'm sure he's going to be brooding on that one in the off-season, from what I've gathered from his personality. Maybe he can use it to spur himself on to better things next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Mint View Post
Yeah, and Novak should have won Wimbledon in straights. But that's Fed for you: he's as stubborn as a mule, and clings like a limpet - very difficult to shake off, even if he can't quite make the distance. And Fed may not have picked up "that" back injury until IW, but his ace count was down so hugely from the match against Tsonga that I'd already suspected he might be having some back problems in the match against Andy.

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Andy is a lot better in 2015, but you can't help but be uncertain and pessimistic after a match like that.
Many Fedfans were going through the same thing last year, and look what happened. Have faith in your man: he's got way too much ability and talent for this to be a longterm setback, but he probably does need to work on his mental approach - needs some more of that positivity he had when Lendl was around. Plus I suspect that run of tournaments over the last couple of months is starting to catch up with him: a good holiday may do wonders.
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:55 AM   #1024
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, that just made me more annoyed. I keep thinking it should be Fed at his age who is washed up and powerless, not Murray.

"I remember one morning getting up at dawn, there was such a sense of possibility. You know, that feeling? And I remember thinking to myself: So, this is the beginning of happiness. This is where it starts. And of course there will always be more. It never occurred to me it wasn't the beginning. It was happiness. It was the moment. Right then."

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #1025
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

at least he played in the final and roger didn't

Quote:
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
Old 11-26-2014, 05:55 PM   #1026
country flag TigerTim

terrible news

what is he thinking?

Quote:

Old 11-26-2014, 08:16 PM   #1027
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
terrible news

what is he thinking?
I was about to say something in the thread in GM earlier, but wasn't able to express my emotions.. the news has rendered me utterly typeless..

All I can think about is Dani's innocent face. Hope it was mutual and he wasn't just dumped like a ton of bricks.

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:34 PM   #1028
country flag Murray Mint

Murray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure about all this... worrying development really.

One thing that gets me is that Dani & Jez were apparently 'incensed' that Andy didn't consult them over Mauresmo.. it seems a bit of an extreme reaction. I mean, obviously Andy's team all share a part in his success, but ultimately, he's the man and he'll be calling the shots. Granted he probably should've talked to them regarding Mauresmo, though I can't help but think that this split is of their own making.
Murray Mint is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:17 PM   #1029
country flag Jamvol

Jamvol has a reputation beyond reputeJamvol has a reputation beyond reputeJamvol has a reputation beyond reputeJamvol has a reputation beyond reputeJamvol has a reputation beyond reputeJamvol has a reputation beyond reputeJamvol has a reputation beyond reputeJamvol has a reputation beyond reputeJamvol has a reputation beyond reputeJamvol has a reputation beyond reputeJamvol has a reputation beyond repute

This Mauresmo appointment proving to be even more of a fuck up than I could have possibly imagined. His Wimbledon QF performance starting to make a lot more sense now...

Personally since WTF concluded I've been holding my breath hoping for news of a new coach, or at least, Mauresmo's departure... so this is disappointing to say the least. Can't say I'm gutted to see Danny go tbh, bloke always struck me as a bit of a hanger-on.

How many slams are you going to waste on this experiment though, Andy? Assuming he keeps her for AO that will be 3...
Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM   #1030
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

seems so long ago now

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote