Mens Tennis Forums banner

MTF Posters Favourite Football Teams

21K views 250 replies 130 participants last post by  canbera 
#1 ·
Yes, there is a thread on GM for the what are the players favourite football teams.

This thread is for the MTF posters and which team or teams are their favourite ones. Well coming from a small country like myself and not having a great league, there is the team you support at home and then follow a major league and there are people like that around.

Yes, it's the global football played with the feet, not Aussie Rules, rugby, gridiron or other impostors that call their game football.

It doesn't matter where they are from, whether they win or lose. If possible state your earliest memory of following this team, whether good, bad or clownish.

Reactions: rosespower
#161 ·
Reading FC in England

I live about 2 miles from the stadium, went to a few away games for the first time last season which was really fun, such a better atmosphere than home games.

We walked the second division in 05/06 and then stayed up with ease in the Premiership the next season, then got utterly whipped every match the year after and went down. Played class until about January then back in the second division, it all went wrong after and we ended up finishing 3rd and getting outplayed by Burnley in the play-offs. :-(

#164 ·
Good that it's not Hertha, Björki.

#165 · (Edited)
#166 ·
Man United, the one and only.

#169 ·
gross.

I don't support for any club team that closely. I like the Italian league the best. Fiorentina being my favorite

#168 ·
Crazy fans down there.

#171 ·
For the MTF posters who haven't seen this thread, feel free to post and no it's a good natured thread.

#179 ·
More and more FIFA scandals AJ. But what else is new. :rolleyes:
Still I am glad I was a fangirl in the 1980ies and early 90ies when it was not all about business and billions. Was a crazy Spartak Moscow fan visiting the matches in Moscow etc etc. :eek: :tape: :help: :haha: Thought I'd never get out of it but got over it just so when it became all about money and of course other things occupied me in life. ;)

#174 ·
It doesn't matter where they are from, whether they win or lose. If possible state your earliest memory of following this team, whether good, bad or clownish.
when i was a kid (like 8-9 years old), my dad took me to the stadium and all i remember was that i bought one of those big hats with the team logo... anyhow, when i was leaving the stadium some punks in their twenties took the hat out of my head. i turned back and asked them for my hat but of course, they didn't give it back.

then i kept walking and when i got to my dad, he asked me where the hat was and i just said i had lost it. deep down, i was a bit ashamed that some guys have stolen it from me in my very presence.

#175 ·
My favourite team is Middlesbrough FC. Things had been looking bad but now they are looking very good as long as we can sell the overpaid trash that is commonly found occupying the bench.

First memory was jumping on the bandwagon as a 15 year old when they had made the UEFA Cup final and had Schwarzer and Viduka in their side (this was just after I had begun to take a big interest in the proper football after Australia had qualified for the world cup). Fast forward 5 years and now I'm having to find shitty internet streams in the early hours of a Saturday morning sometimes in a drunken state and then wondering why the commentary is in Danish or another language.

As for the domestic league I would take an interest in the local team, Gold Coast United, but the home games have become a bit of joke with no one attending largely because of the astronomical ticket prices. It's even funnier when the billionaire owner puts a crowd cap of 5000 people in a stadium that can hold over 27,000 because he doesn't want to pay the extra costs. These days he doesn't even have to worry as they are lucky to get more than 3000 people to a game.

#181 ·
FC Barcelona :worship:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.