Mens Tennis Forums banner

Thomaz Bellucci cheering thread

133K views 1K replies 70 participants last post by  Mae 
#1 ·
#131 ·
Re: Thomaz Bellucci

last news about Thomaz

-He ended the season playing the Petrobras Masters (exihibition with nice prize money), qualified to final and then lost to Luczak.

-His coach is not Leonardo Azevedo anymore. Azevedo is his coach since October 2007. A new coach wasn't announced yet. Azevedo said it was friendly but he doesn't understand why Thomaz decided to broke the partnership since they have been collecting so much good results. Thomaz didn't say anything so far about this.
http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/diaadia/ult138u38370.htm
:secret: I have my suspicious it could be influence of the Brazil DC team captain, but it's likely I'm wrong.

#137 ·

Bellucci was in a course promoted by ATP (Paris - EuroDisney :lol:- 19-21 November) on how to manage the career (dealing with press, the money).
His new coach is João Zwetsch, former tennis player from São Leopoldo, Rio Grande do Sul, who used to coach Flávio Saretta, Ricardo Mello and André Ghem.

Bellucci on hiring João Zwetsch: "I met João on Davis Cup and his work was nice. I think we can make a good partnership. He used to be aplayer, is an experienced coach and can help me a lot".

Bellucci on quitting Léo Azevedo: "It was a personal decision." "Our relationship was weakened, andI think it damaged my end of season. I've always appreciated Léo's work, but my plans for 2009 were quite different from his, so I opted for the change".

João Zwetsch on working with Bellucci: "I have the best expectatives. Bellucci is a player with such a huge potential, evolved a lot this year and can go further. There is an structure built, insoide andoutside the court, that surely will helps my work"
sources:

ATP course (includes the names of the 15 players who attended to the course two weeks ago, 700 players already attended to this course so far)
http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/ultnot/ult133u1746.htm

Bellucci announces new coach:
http://www.esportesite.com.br/2008/11/18/joao-zwetsch-e-o-novo-tecnico-de-thomaz-bellucci/

#138 ·

Bellucci is going to play qualies of ATP events before Australian Open. Here is his schedule for the beginning of 2009 season:

"250" de Brisbane (Quali) - 04/01
"250" de Auckland (Quali) - 12/01
Aberto da Austrália - 19/01
"250" de Viña Del Mar - 02/02
Brasil Open "250" - 09/02
"250" de Buenos Aires - 16/02
"500" de Acapulco - 23/02
http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/diaadia/ult138u38606.htm

#139 ·

good to see Thomaz being around in Australia :yeah: ; I guess he could reach better results (apart from a safe main draw entry) in Chennai for example, but with regard to the Australian Open, playing Brisbane and Auckland might be more useful
and two successful qualis should help his confidence as well

I'm looking forward to him in Brasil Open, he should be one of the main contenders there hopefully

#140 ·

Looking for the top 50, coach and Bellucci are going to spend réveillon in an airplane

Hard work, consistency and a fixed place in the top 50, that's what João Zwetsch is expecting from his new pupil, Thomaz Bellucci, currently #1 Brazilian player. Talking to globoesporte.com, the 40 years old from Rio Grande do Sul, recently hired to upgrade the career of the most promising tennis player of Brazil, says the young 20 years old player has a great potential, but effort will be needed to reach regularity.
In a chat by phone, the coach says the greedy plan starts in December 30, when both depart to Brsibane, Australia. The réveillon "party" will beon board of the airplane, in the middle of the way. Zwetsch talks often about consistency and regularity, and when asked about the aims, he doesn't come with the "we want to improve" talk, he is very specific.
"Yes, there is a goal. If everything goes well, Bellucci can fix himself inside the top 50, that'sourgoal.This year he approached to the top 60 but then slipped quickly.", says Zwetsch
Following Brisbane's week, they go to Auckland, New Zealand. In those two tournaments, Thomaz will have to play qualies. He has a direct acceptance for Australian Open, though.
Last year Bellucci started as #183, reached a career high of #67 in June, after some titles in Challengers, but later failed at ATPlevel and slipped to his current #85 position. Zwetsch talks about the difficult transition that damaged the player.
"It's a different demand, you can't mess. You must have consistency in several aspects., you can't fail too much in everything. Tactical, technical, mind. No gaps can be allowed. To achieve this all at the same time is hard, but we must have a good quality in all aspects. It's not about doing much better than he isalready doing, it's about making it with consistency. He has to keep his mind cool and strong, an intense day to day work and improve things all the time so his game will be less vulnerable. It's not a fast task.", he says.
Zwetsch is an experienced coach, worked with Flávio Saretta when he reached the top 50 (where Flávio stayed from August 2003 to April 2004).
"I've learned alot of things working with Saretta. A lot of what I've learned I can use now , maybe not in the same way, but I have references and experience now. Saretta is very intelligent for the game, had such a great potential, but for some reasons he screwed up things a bit. But we can't compare them (Saretta and Bellucci), they are different persons and each one has his own aims", says Zwetsch.
Zwetsch and Bellucci met at Davis Cup, as Joãois assistant to the captain Francisco Costa. After breaking up with his former coach (Leonardo Azevedo), Bellucci looked for João and made him a proposal. The coach agreed and quickly stablished some aims. As usual, talked about hard work and regularity.
"This year (2008) was a year of evolution, but he oscilated too much, and if he wants to be a top 50, it must not happen. So the work will have this goal, loking for consistency, and then he establish and have sharper aims.", finishes João

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/Noticias/Tenis/0,,MUL917208-15090,00.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.