Mens Tennis Forums banner

us open

14K views 65 replies 5 participants last post by  Mara_M 
#1 ·
:wavey: i was thinking it will be a short thread if it will be only about romanian players..so u can say anything about u're favorite players evolution in us open! ;)

#29 ·
no..no..no..my film has left me in space..i can't wait till tomorrow:bigcry:

yes..money sugar:lick:

#30 ·
btw..where on the screen are written those damned reputation points!

#38 ·
sugar_kane said:
I just repped you today ;)
10X sugar..10X schythe!now is blake-rusedski..bets? ;)

#40 ·
yeah...i droped eurosport cuz tzopaiescu is commenting :bolt: !

#42 ·
Murray has stomach for a fight

Briton Andrew Murray held his nerve, as well as his stomach, to beat tough Romanian Andrei Pavel in five sets. The 18-year-old qualifier tasted a set back after three games in the final set as he was taken ill on court, but recovered well to win 6-3 3-6 3-6 6-1 6-4 against an ultimately irate Pavel.

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s57/e7334/sport_lng0_spo57_evt7334_sto759799.shtml
The Romanian lost his focus after the interuption and following a (rightly) overuled line call, he let fly with a volley of abuse directed towards the umpire. For his troubles he received a point penalty, and with the outburst, the match was destined to spiral out of the Romanian's control.

Murray explained after the match the reason for his sickenss - a sodium drink.

"It's supposed to stop you from cramping. I was a little bit tired at the start of the set. I started to drink it. And always when I take it, I start to feel a little bit sick," he said.

"And there I took too much. I felt like I was going to burp, and then threw up. It was pretty funny."

Murray, an unlikely Flushing Meadows crowd favourite, was spurred on by the vocal support and he went on to take the final, and rather epic, set 6-4. In doing so he keeps dwindling British hopes alive at the US Open.

#48 ·
i can't belive murray has puked!i sow it live!:eew:

#50 ·
joyk said:
Why did the umpire take a point from Andrei?Did he deserve it?
Pavel lost his serve in the middle of the 5th set. Murray hit a lob that landed inside the court. Pavel saw it out. The linesman saw it out, but the umpire overruled the linesman's decision. Pavel lost it. Couldn't focus and Murray broke. Pavel went to the umpire and told him: "You're fucking lying. You didn't see shit man. You didn't see shit!" The umpire then took a point from Pavel, and Murray began his service game with 15-0.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.