Mens Tennis Forums banner

racquet advice

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Fee 
#1 · (Edited)
***DELETED***

#2 ·
You play with a Thunderbolt, just like Jan-Michael....

You should definitely demo the new Prince racquets - the Shark, the O3 Tour, the O3 Red, and the O3 Silver. There is a LOT of racquet info at www.tennis-warehouse.com and on their messageboards. I don't think they ship internationally, but the reviews might be helpful. Whatever you do, DEMO DEMO DEMO before you spend that kind of money (or find a place with a generous return policy).

#3 ·
Fee said:
You play with a Thunderbolt, just like Jan-Michael....

You should definitely demo the new Prince racquets - the Shark, the O3 Tour, the O3 Red, and the O3 Silver. There is a LOT of racquet info at www.tennis-warehouse.com and on their messageboards. I don't think they ship internationally, but the reviews might be helpful. Whatever you do, DEMO DEMO DEMO before you spend that kind of money (or find a place with a generous return policy).

Why the 03 tour? Or were you just naming Prince's newest racquets?

#5 ·
olliemyers said:
Ive been playing with a Prince thunderbolt thats 700 in the power scale. Now Im kinda thinking, since Im stuggling to get power with everyone I play with thrashing the ball that I need a new more powerful racquet.

So Im woundering if anyone has any good suggestions of racquets that they prehaps play with, any make.
Been very happy with my prince racquet and Ive also been playing with a babolat racquet thats only slightly more powerful but Im prefering it.
Been looking at some of the head range, heard that instinct and radical might be good but the radical seems like its likely to be the same power as the prince I already have.
We shall make this easy:

Head- Liquidmetal Instinct or Radical

Wilson- N Pro Surge or the old Pro Staff Surge

Babolat- Pure Drive (as much as i hate to suggest it), or the Pure Storm (think Pure Drive but more flexible)

Prince- Air DB or the Diablo XP

Technifibre (or Major Sports for you Euros)- 315 or 305XL (if you enjoy the longer frames)

Dunlop- 300G MAYBE, or give some thought to the 400G

Yonex- RDX 300 or the RDX 500 MP

That pretty much covers the basis.

#11 ·
The said:
Why the 03 tour? Or were you just naming Prince's newest racquets?
No, I was naming Prince racquets that had slightly different qualities in their favor, according to the reviews and comments that I've read. Thought he might like to stay with the same company.

#12 ·
Fee said:
No, I was naming Prince racquets that had slightly different qualities in their favor, according to the reviews and comments that I've read. Thought he might like to stay with the same company.
I understand but then again I really don't think that he would want to sink around $200 into a brand new racquet when there are plenty of other options that are cheeper.

#13 ·
True, TT Warriors are going for less than $100 now (if you can find one in your grip size) and those are fine racquets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.