Mens Tennis Forums banner

John "the Mailman" Millman Cheering Thread

162K views 2K replies 68 participants last post by  Sombrerero loco 
#1 ·
Johnny Millman, no he isn't going to be one of the alltime greats, and I am not starting this thread because of nationalistic reasons either.

He made sure he finished his schooling before starting to play on the tour, which is a good thing and he is a good guy with a very positive attitude.

Played well this week by making the semis of the Burnie Challenger losing to Klein, who won the title. After a few days at home, he is going to Spain and playing Futures events on the clay, which is a surface that he enjoys playing on. It will help the development of his game and also he can use his fitness.

He has won a Futures title and made a final in a Romanian futures as a qualifier.

#552 ·
Chvojka got up 7-5 6-4.

#554 ·
Despite Chvojka being the top seed I am a bit surprised John lost that one.

#556 ·
Another close loss for John just not happening for him at the moment.

Indoor carpet isn't his surface, just has to keep working.

#557 ·
Unfortunate. I see he has withdrawn from the Pinguo Challenger next week but is entered for the future in Ipswich the week after. Hopefully he can do better on the slower surface.

#559 ·
Johnny playing Ipswich and Bundaberg Futures which are on clay, these should be really good events for him.

#562 ·
Millman had a comfortable win 6-0 6-3 and plays Van-Peperzeel next.

#564 ·
Johnny got up 6-3 6-3 and plays Kubler in the QF.

#567 ·
Easy first up win for John over Frost 6-1 6-2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.