Mens Tennis Forums banner

Favourite names for new people...lol

1K views 40 replies 34 participants last post by  Corinna 
#1 ·
When I was a kid I used to like the name "Andrea" for a baby but Ive gotten over it. Now Im not sure what names I like .... what are your fave names???

#5 ·
"Alexander James"
"Keira" "Kalya" and a Swedish girl I worked with recently "Kaisa" (Kye-za)

I like slightly weird names, like Gabriel, Xavier, Elijah :lol:

Poor child. I should know better than to pick a difficult name, having an apparently difficult name myself :rolleyes: Fingers crossed I have a boy, and my husband likes the first option :lol: :sad:

#7 ·
lol...true. But in Australia, calling a boy Gabriel** could be trouble. I'd have to hope the kid wasn't a geek. He'd be called gabrielle, gabby... and Xavier... 'eggs-AY-veeyur' Stupid country filled with bogans :mad: lol... My heart is still set on Alexander James though. (Maybe Alexandra if it's a girl? If I ever have kids of course :lol: )

As for dog names... Percy will be the name of my next dog. Male or Female :yeah:

**I've just got a 'thing' for Gabriel Byrne, and Gabriel Gate (French/Aussie chef). OMG I used my Gabriel Gate Entree wok tonight :D (I'm sleep deprived :()

Reactions: savesthedizzle
#8 ·
Bjorkman_Girl said:
"Alexander James"
"Keira" "Kalya" and a Swedish girl I worked with recently "Kaisa" (Kye-za)

I like slightly weird names, like Gabriel, Xavier, Elijah :lol:

Poor child. I should know better than to pick a difficult name, having an apparently difficult name myself :rolleyes: Fingers crossed I have a boy, and my husband likes the first option :lol: :sad:
lol. I like odd names too, but for the opposite reason. My name is too popular. Apparently it was the #1 name for girls born in the 1980s... so that's just fabulous. Every year in school there would be 5 people in my class with the same name. SO ANNOYING. So I always swore that my children will never have to deal with being like Jessica S. or Jessica M. or whatever. I like names that aren't so typical, but that are easily pronounced :) I like Jacob and Elijah and Xavier for boys (so some similarities between us there!) and for girls I like Melanie, Isabella, Alana, Jasmine, etc.

Reactions: Carlita
#9 ·
I love odd names too!

for girls i like Faia, Shahira and Ava for guys not so wierd Adam, Oliver and Ciarran (not like ive thought bout it much haha :p )

Reactions: savesthedizzle
#10 ·
I have an odd name (by American standards) and I hate it. No one can spell it or pronounce it properly. When by chance there's another one of "me" in the area, I turn every time the name is said. My husband, whose name is very common, has easily learned to ignore anyone using his and has never had it spelt incorrectly.

What we'd picked out for our kids was Jeff/Jeffrey or Laura although my personal choice would have been Alexander/Alexandra...nicked as Alex for either gender.

#11 ·
Angle Queen said:
I have an odd name (by American standards) and I hate it. No one can spell it or pronounce it properly. When by chance there's another one of "me" in the area, I turn every time the name is said. My husband, whose name is very common, has easily learned to ignore anyone using his and has never had it spelt incorrectly.

What we'd picked out for our kids was Jeff/Jeffrey or Laura although my personal choice would have been Alexander/Alexandra...nicked as Alex for either gender.
See, I wish I was like your husband and I ignored every time I heard someone say "Jess" or "Jessica" but it's so hard. I whip my head around everytime. Or even worse, I'll be like "Yes?" lol and they won't even be talking to me.

That however may be an ego issue. I like to think I am the only Jessica in America.

Reactions: Kristen and Suzi
#14 ·
Saumon said:
gabriel and xavier arent considered weird in france ;)
i love both Gabriel and Xavier :hearts:
I'd love to marry someone european and name my sons with names such as "Franz Xavier" and "Johannes".......lol

...yeah my children are gonna be named after my fav artists. (Franz Xavier Winterhalter and Johannes Vermeer :eek:)

and for girls, I like my name (Adelaide), Astrid and Gisele. And Natalia is pretty too I think :)

#17 ·
adelaide said:
i love both Gabriel and Xavier :hearts:
I'd love to marry someone european and name my sons with names such as "Franz Xavier" and "Johannes".......lol

...yeah my children are gonna be named after my fav artists. (Franz Xavier Winterhalter and Johannes Vermeer :eek:)

and for girls, I like my name (Adelaide), Astrid and Gisele. And Natalia is pretty too I think :)
Adelaide would be a nice name if you lived anywhere other than Australia

#22 ·
HappyAndie said:
I like the name Audrey for a girl and Clark, Cary, or Ashley(though if I named my child that I am sure he would get beaten up every day and thrown in the dumpster!) for a boy.
Plus, if you named him Ashley, you'd have Scarlett O'Hara always chasing after him and trying to ruin the life of any other woman he'll ever love. :p

I like Genevieve, Stella, and Magdalena (probably call her Lena for short) for a girl; and Silas, Ethan, and Aden for a boy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.