Mens Tennis Forums banner

2010 Photo Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the world!!

493K views 1K replies 93 participants last post by  myrt 
#1 · (Edited)
In honour of Marat's setting sail for horizons new, I hereby launch this thread!

11 June 2009, Naberezhnye Chelny, Tatarstan.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields
And, until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Traditional Gaelic blessing

See less See more
#150 ·
If you type "Google Argentina" (or whichever country) into your usual search engine, the first result should take you there. Maybe best to try out the Google search features in English first, then when you're familiar with them, try them in another language.

Re: running a foreign language search through Google translate (http://translate.google.com), a couple of things to remember in the case of Google Russia. (and I'd also say this method is more a convenience than a substitute for searching in the original language)

Once you've input "Марат Сафин" (without apostrophes) into www.google.ru, if you then copy and paste the resulting URL into the translator, you can't access the extra search options for some reason. First you have to click on "Показать настройки" ("show settings", next to the + sign), then click on any of the other options, then back to the default setting. Copy and paste the resulting URL into the translator and you should be able to access the other options/settings.

The only niggle with this is, each time you click on a different setting, it opens an additional page in the browser window. Fortunately this doesn't happen when working with a specific date range, and overall it's much faster than e.g. highlighting text and going back and forth between the webpage and the translator.

Another time saver is to filter your search by putting a minus sign on whatever you don't want to see. Take the ubiquitous KP.ru site for example, type in -kp.ru and it will exclude the site from your search.

Hope this helps! :wavey:

PS: If anyone's interested - and time permitting of course - I can dig up one of the rarer Safin pics in my shamefully large collection and go through the steps of how I found it.

#152 ·
Moneytattoo, just fond this article in gotennis.com..
they thank you for Marat's photo!!
it's really amazed when i read that article.. and your name is mentioned!!! Just liked hearing someone mention my friend in public area (although i am not always hang around in MTF).. haha..

Thanks to “monkeytattoo” at Mens Tennis Forum for posting the photos. Photographer: Lubov Shemetova Original source: spletnik.ru

http://www.gototennisblog.com/2010/02/04/tennis-hunk-at-home-marat-safin-in-his-moscow-penthouse/

and.. thank you all you gals' update of Marat's everything..!!:)

#153 ·
Moneytattoo, just fond this article in gotennis.com ... they thank you for Marat's photo!! it's really amazed when i read that article.. and your name is mentioned!!! Just liked hearing someone mention my friend in public area (although i am not always hang around in MTF).. haha..
Wow, fame at last! I am soooo touched you shared this, wei, thank you! :hug: I love freakyfrites' blog, so it's great to get a shout out from her.

#163 ·
These are from today at the annual Yeltsin Scholarship Fund awards which are given out to the most promising young tennis players in Russia. Marat is pictured first with Tatiana Yumasheva, the younger of Boris Yeltsin's two daughters and stepmother to Polina Yumasheva/Deripaska, one of Marat's friends. Yeltsin used to give out these scholarships personally, now his widow Naina (in the second photo) has the honour.

Moscow 09 February 2010

#168 ·
Oh, no!!! I’d rather have him sad then simply turning into a boring serious-as-should-be-man-in-suit! :))))))

We all know that deep inside he’s quite the serious man in his approach of life, let him at least behave frivolous! After all, with that apartment of his how serious can you be taken for?! :)

Oh, I miss him so much! Clean-shave photos like above make me erratic...

#170 ·
Apparently Marat did a radio broadcast this morning as well! This lucky chick is called Alice Selezneva (not to be confused with the fictional character) and if google translate is correct, she's a singer (referred to as "Russian Spice"?).

To download an mp3 file of the broadcast, click on "СЛУШАТЬ АУДИО" i.e. the link just below the big pic.

#172 ·
This lucky chick is called Alice Selezneva (not to be confused with the fictional character) and if google translate is correct, she's a singer (referred to as "Russian Spice"?).
OK I've just listened to them all bursting into song @ 14 min 15 sec - not Marat unfortunately - and now I'm guessing this girl is one of the radio DJs!

This post has been deleted
#174 ·
... that girl looks heavy. Look at his hands - how strained they look! :(
Wow, you're right, the tendons look on the verge of snapping! Maybe it's just too early in the morning for him, his eyes are still puffy from sleep (or possibly from weeping all night over an unpaid utility bill :p). Just noticed he's wearing the snake t-shirt from Shanghai, but this time it's nicely coordinated with a chunky black cardie, not a hint of Burberry in sight. :hearts:

#176 ·
Quite a few "Safin's-career-in-pictures" items have appeared on the net since last November, of mixed quality to say the least. Most are fairly predictable and unexciting, but others have made a real effort with new pics or better versions of more familiar ones. Here's one of the best so far: http://www.sportweek.fr/sports/tennis/0/do-svidaniya-marat-66207.html

Miami, March 1999

Bercy, 19 November 2000 v Philippoussis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.