Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tennis Camera, measure your serve speed [iOS]

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Tight Lines 
#1 ·
Hello,

we recently released our latest app, Tennis camera, on the iTunes Store.

Tennis Camera is the first fully automatic tool to measure your serve speed with your iPhone as in a professional tournament!

What it does?
Tennis Camera does three unique things:
• Like a professional radar it automatically measures your Serve Speed and reconstruct the 3D trajectory of your shot;
• It tells you whether your serve was IN or OUT like a professional Hawk Eye;
• Helps you to track your improvements by logging all your results.

How it works
We put together a bunch of technologies ranging from advanced computer visions algorithms, computational physics and the latest advancement in sport science to provide you a unique experience that all tennis players were waiting for!!

How to use it
It's super simple! Just start the Tennis Camera, turn your device into landscape mode, stand along the serve line and point the camera on the serving area: once your mate will serve you'll see a stunning animation full of details like the serve speed, the travelled distance, the time of flight and the 3D trajectory of your serve.

Limitations
Currently works only with iPhone 5 or newer and iPad 4G or newer.

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ey7dMMNhOI

Homepage

iTunes Store

We really thought this is the right place to promote and get feedback from real tennis player lovers.

See less See more
#2 ·
This sounds like a very intriguing app. I have the servespeed app on my 4S iphone, which works really well. The only problem is it is a bit cumbersome to use as I have to manually set several inputs. This app would seem to eliminate the manual steps. Looks like they have taken the speed calculation like this one and improved it. http://donthireddy.us/tennis/speed.html.

Has anyone used it and can comment?

Harry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.