Mens Tennis Forums banner

Is New Orleans lost forever?

563 views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Nikki♥ 
#1 ·
from the "Taiwan News":

New Orleans may go down in history as the first major city in an advanced country to be lost to the process of global warming... We sincerely hope that the Bush administration will take the call from Hurricane Katrina and reconsider its energy and environmental policies and replace ostrich-like escapism with leadership in the global effort to deal with the crisis of global climatic change.

#2 ·
I hope it won't be. It is very sad.

Today on the news some elderly people werte saying "I don't want to die like this" Its tragic but I think it could be lost forever

my friend was laughing at it and being racist so I shouted at him and told him he had no heart :(

#3 ·
I highly doubt New Orleans will be rebuilt. If it is, I'm sure there will be a lot more considerations when it comes to how and where. The first plan failed miserably...who knows how long a second one would last. :shrug:

#5 ·
A shame and a pity.

#7 ·
Unbelievably, the French Quarter is almost untouched. They just showed it on television. There are trees and bushes on the street, but almost all buildings are intact, and the park by the Mississippi River looks completely untouched. I've seen it looking worse after Mardi Gras. This is unreal.

#8 ·
tennis elbow said:
from the "Taiwan News":

New Orleans may go down in history as the first major city in an advanced country to be lost to the process of global warming... We sincerely hope that the Bush administration will take the call from Hurricane Katrina and reconsider its energy and environmental policies and replace ostrich-like escapism with leadership in the global effort to deal with the crisis of global climatic change.
that's all very nice but environmental problems are not just the U.S.'s fault but the fault of the world including Taiwan's friendly neighbour, China. New Orleans will be fine after 2-3 months.

#11 ·
I'm actually FROM New Orleans, and now a refugee in Texas, and I personally think it will never be the same. It could be better, but it could also be worse. I don't know. But I know it will take more than 2-3 months for us to even RETURN to the city. I'm going to have to switch schools and either go to school in Texas or in Hammond, LA. & plus I'm missing the USO. xDD But atleast I escaped the hurricane and even worse, the aftermath. So I'm keeping a positive outlook on life, because ... well, I'M ALIVE. And THOUSANDS may have been killed by Katrina. Well, I'm going a little off subject now, but I don't think New Orleans is lost forever. New Orleans as I knew may be gone, but it isn't gone.

#13 ·
It's so tragic what happend in New Orleans and the surrounding areas as a rsult of Hurricane Katrina. :sad: But people will still want to live there in the future because it's one of the livliest and happiest cities in the world. :D I certainly hope Hurricane Katrina didn't ruin New Orleans or it's great spirit for good.

RodLo, people will still go to college in Louisiana so don't feel scared that you got a post card from the University of New Orleans. Your cute y'alls would fit right in there. ;) But for those who do go to college in New Orleans or anywhere else for that matter they need to vacate when they are told to vacate the area. Unfortunately alot of people didn't or couldn't vacate New Orleans and they were trapped there. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.