Mens Tennis Forums banner

Why peoples don't call Federer , Djokovic , Delpo , Tsonga , stan as pusher ?

7K views 84 replies 52 participants last post by  TBkeeper 
#1 ·
I have never seen any posters calling above players as pushers but I often observes some top players called as pushers .

Why this happens ?

I think simple answer They Aren't .

#16 ·
Here's a riddle:

Why don't people call Olivier Rochus tall?

˙ʇɹoɥs s,ǝɥ ǝsnɐɔǝq :ɹǝʍsuɐ

#18 ·
Djokovic's aggressiveness is incredibly overrated. It's almost as though fans want their favourite player to play attractive, aggressive tennis so try to convince others that their player does play accordingly.

Djokovic rarely hits a winner from the baseline. He also very rarely comes in on anything other than a simple volley. Not very creative nor aggressive.

#19 · (Edited)
Probably because they all hit a lot of winners. Therefore only a troll or someone who has never watched tennis could call them pushers. So maybe a few Dull trolls would try it but run scared when we pointed out that the others hit more winners in their sleep than he has in his whole career :D

As I mentioned trolls I am guessing old Tiebreak100 called Djokovic a pusher because he hates him with a passion. Am I right? Did he say that? If so, I rest my case :D

He knows Djokovic hits way more winners than his supposed fave Murray and his real favourite Nadal, so he needs to try harder. Bless him, he probably thinks people think he actually means it ;)

#24 ·
here the only ones who hate someone with passion is you troll, who cant stop talking about Rafa. :wavey:

#21 ·
@OP
Regarding Del Potro and Djokovic, it's simply because you're new here. Others aren't pushers so no reason to call them pushers.

#22 ·
This thread is pointless. They aren't pushers, they all hit a lot of winners, so why would anyone call them pushers? You don't have to worry about it OP :)

Though people wrongly call Murray and Ferrer pushers. I don't even like Daveed, but he isn't a pusher like Nadal or Simon. People are bang on the money with those two, though sometimes Simon plays aggressively and makes me wonder why he doesn't do it more often!!!

#23 ·
Rafa plays more attractive tennis than djokovic and it hurts your asss sooo much, because you cant accept the fact djokovic is the most monotonous player on top 10, he never hits winners from baseline, and all he does is to relly on his rallies. Djokovic also doesnt have famous signature shots unlike Fed or Rafa.

#27 ·
Djokovic and Delpo are pushers for sure.

#29 ·
In RG SF of this tear Rafa hitted 61 winners vs 55 of Nole, That makes nole a pusher, no?

#38 ·
Pusher and grinder are NOT the same thing. A grinder works the point in their advantage. A pusher does nothing but get the ball in play and will only attack on balls so short they will be lost midcourt if they don't. Djokovic is probably best described as a grinder, as is Ferrer. del Potro varies from outright pusher to ballbasher match to match.

#53 ·
A grinder "works" the point in their advantage? See, you need to elaborate and define these words which are often used to suit oneself.

As I've already said, if someone is simply pushing the ball back, then they will be made to run and scamper for almost every ball. That is indeed grinding.

#40 ·
I refer to my favorite player as Pushtro all the time. Clearly I need to be posting more for the OP's sake.

Of course, the shots that are high-percentage for him may not be as much for other players, but that's just a matter of natural talent; the mindset is the same, and that's what pushing is about anyway.

#46 ·
People have short memory here... Even Tsonga was called a "pusher" this year, before his injury. I don't remember reading this about Fed though. His recent inability to sustain long rallies may have something to do with it.

#51 ·
correct. Tbh I was sort of turned off by his game when coached by his previous coach (I think it was Rasheed). He was playing percentage tennis more often than not, which got him the pusher status. He seemed to be resorting back to his old self after the split though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.