Mens Tennis Forums banner

2010 Photo Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the world!!

493K views 1K replies 93 participants last post by  myrt 
#1 · (Edited)
In honour of Marat's setting sail for horizons new, I hereby launch this thread!

11 June 2009, Naberezhnye Chelny, Tatarstan.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields
And, until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Traditional Gaelic blessing

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: 2010 Photos Thread: Because Truth, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the wor

"Magic Mirror on the Wall, who is the Fairest one of all?" Traditional Disney quote. :angel:
:wavey: Could we possibly keep this thread "new horizons" only? Maybe someone could open a "Vintage Marat" thread for old photos like this one? :shrug:

#4 ·
Re: 2010 Photos Thread: Because Truth, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the wor

Well, since you posted a pic from June 2009, I think it's fine to see the other side of Marat's beauty, a.k.a. the twins :rocker:

#6 ·

Well, since you posted a pic from June 2009, I think it's fine to see the other side of Marat's beauty, a.k.a. the twins :rocker:
I don't see any need to get personal. It's still 2009, plus the photo from June has never been posted before, unlike the Shanghai 2005 photo.

:wavey: So just asking again, could we possibly keep this "new horizons", which of course can include brand new pics from other years?

#7 ·

Great idea Monkey! I hope we get lots of photos to fill this thread.
Oh ad, I hope so too! The prospect of going cold turkey fills me with dread. I've got loads more pics of Marat last June in Tatarstan that haven't yet been posted.

#13 ·
Re: 2010 Photos Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the worl

Ah, monkey, it was all in good fun ! ;)
As it should be, luxsword! I love a bit of fun (hence the thread title) with photos, esp. when it's original and not at the expense of a heartfelt blessing for Marat.

I'm sure everyone would agree that we would love to see them! :hearts: :hug:
Yes please,we can never have too many Marat photos to drool over :):):):):):):):)
Will do my best to post soon! :yeah:

#14 ·
Re: 2010 Photos Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the worl

A new pic thread... :)

...just because Marat stopped playing tennis doesn't mean we stop drooling...
:yeah:

Introducing the Marat le Serieux thread

Congrats, Monkey, what a great idea...bitch looks fantastic in a suit, who would suspect that outrageous T-shirt collection?!
^As much as I make fun of his selection in casualwear (and sometimes wearing them to semi-formal events :lol:), the guy sure knows how to pick out a suit and rock it well! :rocker2:

#12 ·

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields
And, until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Traditional Gaelic blessing
I have this blessing in my very own private cup :lol: I love it!

"Magic Mirror on the Wall, who is the Fairest one of all?"

Traditional Disney quote. :angel:
:haha:

Great idea Monkey! I hope we get lots of photos to fill this thread. Maybe even a few in the tennis outfit! ;)
I so hope that we get to see some photos of our boy ... *sighs deeply*

I haven't overcome it yet :sad:

#17 ·

that hideous hair pic rocks Jiat!!! :rocker:

#18 ·

I'll just like to remind everyone that as far as possible, we will want to keep this thread filled with 2010 pics as they come. BUT we know how safinholics like to go crazy with their off topicness and post stuff from 1990 ;) but lets try to stay on topic ok? ;)

and oh. we DO have a girlfriend thread that may I remind everyone, is not a "every woman that ever walked past marat" thread (and I'm not saying that recently posted pics were of women walking past marat, but it's just a reminder ;) )

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

#19 · (Edited)

I'll just like to remind everyone that as far as possible, we will want to keep this thread filled with 2010 pics as they come ... lets try to stay on topic ok? ;)
:wavey: Happy New Year, everyone! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Penny, I hope it's OK to post stuff from other years that hasn't been seen before, as I kept a few pics on the back burner for the sole purpose of having something to post in 2010. :p

Screencaps from the new clip in the vid thread.

#22 ·

"Can I go back to sleep now?" Marat Safin wakes up from a dream in which he's retired from tennis, to the realisation that he actually has. Dinara makes a mental note to get him an alarm clock for his 30th birthday.

Perth 04 January 2009.

#27 ·

"Safi, I think we are the last ones standing! It's so quiet in here ... too quiet …
I come here everyday no matter what!

"Can I go back to sleep now?" Marat Safin wakes up from a dream in which he's retired from tennis, to the realisation that he actually has. Dinara makes a mental note to get him an alarm clock for his 30th birthday.
LOL! It's been a bad dream indeed, although it will really hit me during the AO :sad:

#31 ·

Finally the Tatarstan pics! These are from the official opening of the new tennis complex at the football school "Yar Chally" (Tatar name for Naberezhnye Chelny), Naberezhnye Chelny, Tatarstan, 11 June 2009.

Article in Russian with background info (Google translation).

L to R: Farid Mukhametshin (State Council Chairman), Marat, Oleg Taktarov (Russian fighter/actor).

Full size photo: http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3743/20090611nabchel2xxl.jpg

Being offered chak chak, a Tatar sweet and symbol of hospitality.

Full size photo: http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9725/20090611nabchel3xxl.jpg

#40 ·

:worship: Heidi... you've outdone yourself!!! Thank you so much... he looks just amazing :inlove: I love the one where he's munching on the treat.. lol

FYI - Girls (and guys) we can now be the proud owners of Marat car decals...:bounce: The tee's have been around for a while, but the decals are new :)

http://www.stickitwear.com/car_decals.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.