Mens Tennis Forums banner

Get Your Gasquetaires Slogan and Introduce Yourself in HERE!!!

91K views 615 replies 152 participants last post by  GOATmila 
#1 · (Edited)
It seems that all of us have agreed on the slogan, so here's the code for it: :D

French version:

______________________________[*/COLOR][*/CENTER]
~♠ [*/COLOR][*B]Gas[*/COLOR]quet[*/COLOR]aires [*/COLOR][*/B] ♠~[*/COLOR][*/SIZE][*/FONT]
un pour tous, tous pour un[*/COLOR][*/I][*/FONT][*/SIZE]
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾[*/COLOR][*/CENTER]

English version:

______________________________[*/COLOR][*/CENTER]
~♠ [*/COLOR][*B]Gas[*/COLOR]quet[*/COLOR]eers [*/COLOR][*/B] ♠~[*/COLOR][*/SIZE][*/FONT]
all for one, one for all[*/COLOR][*/I][*/FONT][*/SIZE]
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾[*/COLOR][*/CENTER]

Please remove all the *s!

I wasn't able to post the code without making the slogan appear so I had to resort to the pathetic method of adding *s in front of every /.

Tip: Copy and paste the code in Microsoft Word and use the Replace all function to avoid having to manually delete *s

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Slogan?

I kind of like Gasquettard though.

It doesn't have to be just one word. It could be a phrase. Anyone knows any puns the media has made of Richard's name? We could make use of these. That's where "#_ on the Federer Express" originated, I think (i.e. from the media).

#3 · (Edited)

Suggestion from Chloe: Gasquet Blowers

Chloe said:
If you're Gasquetblowers, as you really ought to be, you can take the word to mean one of the following:

1) People who are very explosive in their passion for Gasquet
or
2) People who blow Gasquet. Just so you know, "blow" is a slang term in english used to mean "oral sex"

Really, I think that those two options sum up everybody's interests quite nicely.

#4 · (Edited)

I repost my poor "inspiring suggestions" there...:p

Thanking God everyday for he choose tennis over rugby...
Passenger of the Gasquet diesel car (slow to begin and to heat but then...)...lol i'm so bad for this kind of things
Practicing Gasquetists.
The new monotheist religion of the Third Millenium: Gasquetism...will spread over the world...lol
Chasing the injury prone Mini Fed lol#2
Sect of the Worshipers of the Goldsmith's Phallanxes lol#3
Believing in the Has been
Stamped fan of the always out of breath crippled Gasquet...
Bees # in the swarm around the guy from Sérignan
Clock/watchmaker's customers
We could make a joke because he'll always saying "fabulous", "voilà" and "tout ça" when he speaks
We could make a joke about all his numerous "tics"/"twitches" or mannerism, unconscious habits...(putting his foot on the line before returning, wiping up his racket grip, his constipated faces, his "minauderies", speaking to his coach during matches as if he could not be heard when the cameras and their close-ups show everything...)
The fact that he's always sweating like crazy ("bubles coming out his shoes" lol) ands always say he'll have to play the "perfect match" next round no matter the opponent...

These are not true suggestions but some things that could inspire those who have better knowledge of English and above all more talent and imagination...;)

Gaquettards?..."Bof" :p

#9 ·

great suggestions, i for one havnt got any cos my brain isnt functioning atm :p

#10 ·

I want to join the club of the gasquettards :yippee:
I don't have any idea for the name of the cheering club... my english is not good enough...

The Fed_express passengers concept is a great idea as it is understandable from everyone and there is the idea of a train coming forward and its passengers. Not that I mean we should use the TGV (The Great Virtuose :confused: or smth else for the "V") concept but something like that... Oh no! My suggestion sucks :eek:

Other suggestion: PRO-D???-Gasquet... I miss an adjective starting by D. Then "pro" because we are pro-Gasquet, I don't know if that makes sense in english though.

As for the various suggestions I prefer gasquettards rather than gasquet blowers... the last one doesn't really make sense for me as I don't really understand the "blower" thing. Just that blow means erm... fellation in french :eek: so... :scratch:

Silver: your avatar and flag are very confusing...

#11 ·

*julie* said:
I want to join the club of the gasquettards :yippee:
I don't have any idea for the name of the cheering club... my english is not good enough...

The Fed_express passengers concept is a great idea as it is understandable from everyone and there is the idea of a train coming forward and its passengers. Not that I mean we should use the TGV (The Great Virtuose :confused: or smth else for the "V") concept but something like that... Oh no! My suggestion sucks :eek:

Other suggestion: PRO-D???-Gasquet... I miss an adjective starting by D. Then "pro" because we are pro-Gasquet, I don't know if that makes sense in english though.

As for the various suggestions I prefer gasquettards rather than gasquet blowers... the last one doesn't really make sense for me as I don't really understand the "blower" thing. Just that blow means erm... fellation in french :eek: so... :scratch:

Silver: your avatar and flag are very confusing...
It doesn't have to be in English. It can be a French pun too. Eg. Paul en rit :eek:.

Oh, Chloe and I are going to be twins for a while. ;)

#12 ·

Interesting possiblities. The Gasquet-blowers is just a bit funny since I must admit the first thing I thought of was the number two explanation.

I know my friends sometimes refer to me as Gasquette
Sillly, I know but that was all I could come up with :lol:

#19 ·

silverwhite said:
I've got another idea. We could call ourselves Gasqueteers/Gasquetaires (Musketeers/Mousquetaires). It fits nicely both in English and in French. :D
:yeah:

p.s. sinead i thought gasquet blowers was the rude one too :eek:

#20 ·

:yeah: That's an awesome name :yeah:

Perfect :worship:

#24 ·

*julie* said:
We could take names of existing Mousqueteers according to our personility or invent ones with the same sonority maybe?...
Like i'd be D'Artagnan number 7 or something. Or D'Artagnette. :eek: ;) Who would be the big fat crazy Porthos? :devil:
Just new suggestions to get the "brainstorming" going... ;)

Some descriptions in English (from A "The Man in the Iron Mask" film site :eek: but that way' you'll get the idea if you're not familiar with these characters...):

The Musketeers are defenders of the French crown, a high powered army of loyal soldiers who possess a talent to wield a sword better than anyone to protect their sovereign ruler. D'Artagnan, is the most loyal and says he will not betray his King, no matter how ruthless his methods are, somehow hoping his majesty will become a better man. Athos, Porthos and Aramis are past their prime and have retired to a more quiet life and decide to replace the King with his twin brother, the man in the iron mask who the King perceives as a threat to his power. They are motivated to overthrow the King when one of them is unknowingly deemed to be a suspicious traitor to the crown.

Their King, Louis XIV of France, is a tyrant, watching his people starve while he lives in the seductive life of luxury, and is a true law unto himself.

D’Artagnan, was really Charles de Batz-Castelmore, and hailed from Gascony, just as Dumas writes. He took the name of Sieur of Artagnan from a property his mother's family owned. He left Gascony not in 1625, as in the novel, but in 1640. He is brave, noble, ambitious, crafty, and intelligent.

He had a distinguished career and he rose through the ranks to great distinction until he died in service in 1673 at the Siege of Maestricht.

Athos, Porthos and Aramis are also based on real Musketeers. Porthos was Isaac de Portau, a member of the Capitaine des Essarts's company of the King's Guards until 1643, and then a Musketeer with D'Artagnan. Aramis was Henry d'Aramitz, and Musketeer from 1640 on--we know little of him beyond that. Athos was Armand de Sillegue, Seigneur d'Athos et d'Autevielle, also related to Treville. He was a King's Musketeer who died in Paris in 1643, but little is known beyond that--there is some indication on his death certificate that he died as a result of a duel.

Athos is something of a father figure to D'Artagnan. He is older than his comrades, although still a young man. Athos is distinguished in every way--intellect, appearance, bravery, swordsmanship--yet he is tortured by a deep melancholy, the source of which no one knows.

Porthos, the third of the Three Musketeers, is loud, brash, and self-important. He is extremely vain, and enjoys outfitting himself handsomely; but for all that, he is a valiant fighter and a courageous friend.

Aramis is a young Musketeer, one of the great Three. Aramis is a handsome young man, quiet and somewhat foppish. He constantly protests that he is only temporarily in the Musketeers, and that any day now he will return to the Church to pursue his true calling.

#26 ·

silverwhite said:
I've got another idea. We could call ourselves Gasqueteers/Gasquetaires (Musketeers/Mousquetaires). It fits nicely both in English and in French. :D
a little late but... I like this one :yeah:
Gasquet blowers sounds rude to me too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.