it's on.

#3 ·
Obama-ineffective
Bachmann-Crazy
Cain-terrifying
Santorum-Terrifying AND crazy
Romney-unreliable
Gingrich- totally without a conscience
Paul-Foreign policy and social views are nice, economic ones...
Perry- Incredibly stupid
Huntsman- Completely hopeless

#7 ·
this seems weird.

I want to hope that anyone but Romney gets nominated such that they would almost certainly lose to Obama next year.

yet if america goes crazy and elects that nominee (bar Romney, who has a few questionable policies himself) look for the US of A to fall into third world status by 2016 (exaggerating, of course, but you get my drift)

#13 ·
I wasn't assuming that you were; the clichéd and hyperbolic charges of "fascist" and "imperialist" tend to issue from the mouths of left-wingers, not right-wingers.

As it happens, I am staunchly opposed to most of Obama's policies, but I would hardly call him a "fascist" or "imperialist" (this is absurd).

Then again, I am gathering from your work in some other threads that "reality" and "accuracy" are not among your primary interests.

#14 ·
i want obama to win. out of the republican bunch ron paul is obviously the most interesting candidate but voting for himn would probably have all kinds precasious ramification across the globe. but then again, he's not gonna get the nomination anyways, who are we kidding here.

judging by their track records and the way they've been behaving themselves so far, romney and gingrich seem like the only ones who can take down obama. it's stil la stretch though.

#20 ·
Would that it were that simple, and that there weren't legions of fanatics whose (almost) sole desperate purpose in life is to see every last one of us Americans put to the sword.

well, obama is certainly gonna be the frontrunner. compared to 2008 i find the current republican field fairly weak.
The field can't get much weaker than John McCain, so this crop is already looking up as far as I'm concerned.

#18 ·
well, obama is certainly gonna be the frontrunner. compared to 2008 i find the current republican field fairly weak. the actual election campaigns haven't even started yet already in most of the candidates' track recrods you can spot huge spots that the democrats are gonna attack, ranging from romney-care to that libya-pause.

plus if reports are any correct, his war chest is gonna be out of this world.

#19 ·
Go Ron Paul! When I get to the US I want to have my drugs and my whores legally and no fiat money and no taxes!

I think it would be too much of a revolution, people are not prepared for him. Maybe when the system collapses, but then he will be too old.

#26 ·
Racism this and racism that is the most boring topic in the world. The term "racism" has been watered down and is used to whatever purpose or agenda anyone wants, just to silence the opponent. This word should be banned from the vocabulary for some time so that debates can go on without the use of epithets to make cheap shots at each other.

#37 ·
The whole debate season has been a lot of fun. :D
Yesterday's was more substantive than previous ones, because the audience and the questioners had been thoroughly vetted (Paul Wolfowitz asked one of the questions!). Also, foreign policy is less conducive to pandering than domestic policy. And finally, the fact that Gingrich is getting more airtime as a result of his rise in the polls, makes the whole process more dignified as well.

But I feel a lot of the people watching do it looking for a reality show, with clashes and heated arguments between the contestants, ridiculous unsupported claims, and embarrassing gaffes... :rolleyes:
By that metric, yesterday's debate was a bore!

#29 ·
As for the polls, Obama currently has a lead over every potential Republican candidate and he hasn't even gotten in official election mode, so he's the favorite by default. Romney is a recycled option that looks unable to receive more than 20-30% support from Republicans. Gingrinch is a joke, Cain is a joke, Perry is a joke, and there are no other relevant candidates.

Ron Paul will take votes away from whoever the Republican candidate is.

#31 ·
Also Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman being so much more intelligent and presidential than every other Republican candidate show me that Right-wing extremists do not belong in the WH, and that would be a tragedy for America if one of the extremists do. They are stupid and bigger spenders than Obama, while calling themselves financially responsible. Paul is an extremist but at least he's not a totally stupid extremist.

#32 ·
Haha, have fun with Obama taking your country and the dollar down to oblivion backed by his friends in the financial sector. Ron Paul, the not "totaly stupid" extremist dont want to pay trillions of dollars to failed banks, let the federal reserve destroy your economy creating false bubbles, fighting wars in foreign countries and another worthless war on drugs. In the end of Obama's 8 year span USA will be like Greece, you will be on your knees but no one will be able to save you.

#34 ·
Ron Paul would be a great president, too bad that will be prevented from happening.

Newt Gingrich- he's too old (ideal president has to look like has some vitality) and his first name doesn't do any good.

Rick Perry would be an ideal George W Bush #2 when it comes to his speeches and his knowledge.

Michele Bachmann is a woman, and the U.S. despite being a secular country, does not favor women for president.
I mean, afterall, Obama was picked over Hilary, that speaks miles for itself.

Herman Cain- He's thrown in the candidacy to show that Republicans love black people too.

My prediction will be Mitt Romney to defeat Obama. Mitt Romney has that handsome sinister look to him. Like he's got something dangerous in store for the whole world. He'd be an ideal candidate, me thinks :)

#35 ·
I kind of agree with your analysis but thing about Romney is that he has no values and most people know it. No one is enthusiastic about him except bankers and corporations, not even mormons like him too much because he is so fake he is not even a mormon. I think Newt will win, I really cant see any other option at the moment, atleast he seems to know what he is talking about and belive in it aswell. Romney will say absolutely anything to be elected, he doesnt belive in anything at all except that he wants to become president. Even Bush had values.

#40 ·
There's simply no way Obama will win 2012. Democrats, students, and the working people will be pissed off after he failed to deliver his promises. Not to mention, a lot of people that initially supported Obama against McCain, also love Ron Paul because he's a libertarian and certainly has some values that may appeal to them. As long as you care about fixing the country, doesn't matter what party you're running as, people will back you. But yeah unfortunately, Mitt Romney, the heartless evil one, will win. I just know it.

#41 ·
I never said Ron Paul was stupid. I said he's not a totally stupid extremist unlike his contemporaries. And that's it.

Romney isn't winning, and the Ron Paul factor hurts Romney statistically more than it would Obama. In fact, the "less conservative" Republican vote is something Romney NEEDS to win the Republican nominee, let alone win the election, and those votes will not be going to him, they will at least be split with Paul.

Romney has no solid base. Liberals-obviously not. Conservatives-by and large, no. Libertarians-No. Moderates-split with several others.

Obama has at least some sort of base. Ron Paul has a base. Newt Gingrich has a base. Romney doesn't, and he's got too many holes.

#42 ·
If Mitt Romney were a viable candidate, why does he keep getting passed in favorability polls? Perry, Cain, Bachmann, Gingrich. That's because Republicans don't like him by and large, except the liberal Republicans. Now he's pandering to the conservative Republican base and losing the only base he had. He's washed up, and when he loses Iowa and New Hampshire, the train will fly off the tracks. He's a recycled candidate, and he's been in this same position before, where he was considered one of the favorites in 2008, but eventually got passed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.