Mens Tennis Forums banner

Javier Martí

84K views 689 replies 28 participants last post by  Sombrerero loco 
#1 · (Edited)
Javier Martí won his first title on pro tour it's about the time for him to have a thread :D

Javier Martí

Birthplace: Madrid, Spain
Birthdate: January 11th, 1992
Coach: Óscar Burrieza
Plays: Right-handed (one-handed backhand)
Highest ranking: 609

Career highlights

2007 - First futures qualies played in September 2007 and qualified.

2008 - Gained first ATP points next year by reaching quarterfinals in Spain F33 futures in Oviedo.
Finished 2008 year with 2 futures quarterfinals and one semifinal and ATP rank of 847 being just 16 years old.

2009 - In February of 2009 played his first qualies for Besançon challenger and won first round match
but fell to first seed in second. During the year continued to play challengers and reached final qualy rounds
in Poznan, Vigo and Brasov (lost to Dolgopolov, M. Rodrigues and Giurgiu respectively) and futures.
Reached 4 futures quarterfinals and one semifinal and finished the year at #686.

2010 - After slow start of the 2010, reached final in Rovinj futures and won his first title in Bulgaria F2.
Currently ranked 612 but will be on carrer high next week.

Notable doubles results (SF and better):
2008 - futures SF and F
2009 - futures 3SF, F, 2W
2010 - futures SF, 3F, W

See less See more
#16 ·
Wow, another gorgeous tennis player from Spain!

I hope he wins more tournaments, cuz he's young and he definitely has potential. Nando and Feli are the only top tennis players that I know of from Madrid, and they are starting to get old in "tennis years", so it's nice to see that there are some younger ones taking over :)

#19 ·
I have a feeling that this guy will melt some teenage girls hearts in the future, just like his fellow Madrileños, Nando and Feli, do now :)

Thanks for the pics! I'm definitely a new fan. Hope he wins more tourneys. And congrats to Javi for a career high ranking! Onwards and upwards :D

#21 ·
MD for Slovenia F3 is out http://www.itftennis.com/mens/tournaments/drawsheetbyround.asp?tournament=1100022054&event=

Vamos Javi! :D

I have a feeling that this guy will melt some teenage girls hearts in the future, just like his fellow Madrileños, Nando and Feli, do now :)
I wouldn't be surprised ;)

Thanks for the pics! I'm definitely a new fan. Hope he wins more tourneys. And congrats to Javi for a career high ranking! Onwards and upwards :D
You're welcome :wavey: I'll upload more photos later.

#25 ·
LOL @ the first pic.. Why are they looking at him like that? :confused:

#27 ·
I have no idea either, but it's still a great pic. Thanks for posting! Please post more if you can. I love Javi :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.