#1 ·
#272 ·
Good luck against Jokervic!

#273 ·
should have won in 2 sets, where gone his mental toughness? :tape:

Nole :scared:

lets try your best Rafa :woohoo: :woohoo:

#275 ·
Novak's win hardly establishes him as the front runner at the French. Novak beat Nadal two years ago at Monte Carlo. In fact he thumped him. And he beat Nadal last year right before the French. Yet, he still fell to Nadal at Roland Garros. So, no, this win for Novak does not equate to him winning the French.

If anything, it establishes that as sh*tty as Nadal has played for the past year he's still gonna be a very tough out. He competed well in this match. That was his least embarrassing effort against a top 20 opponent in quite a while. But he still has problems with his serve and court positioning. If he can work those out over the next few tournaments he will likely win the French again.

#277 ·
Sorry I havent' been posting the pressers yet, after the match vs Pouille:

R. NADAL/L. Pouille
6‑2, 6‑1

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. With today's win you are 27‑3 against a guy who is born in the '90s. All your losses against guys born in the '90s came in the last six months.
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know exactly which players are from '90s. But obviously my opponent of today, Lucas, he has everything to be a good player: good serve, very good shots from the baseline, he know how to play the points, good rhythm of legs. Sure he will has good chances to be in a high position of ranking.
He's young. I think he has a very high level. Yesterday he win against a player who came here playing very well, playing quarterfinals in Miami. So was a great win. And I think today he didn't play bad. I think I played a very solid match.
But I see the match that was a tough one, but I played little bit better than what I was doing before.

Q. Have you changed your racquet or the strings recently?
RAFAEL NADAL: No. I heard about somebody write that I change my strings. My strings are the same. I changed my racquet, not the strings.

Q. Why did you change the racquet?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, honestly, we were thinking about before the season start. But was not enough time to prepare the racquet for before the season start. So now the racquets are ready. I practiced with them in Mallorca since I came back from Miami.
Is a little bit of change. I really didn't change the racquet since very, very long time ago, since I don't remember when. But is a change to try to have little bit more spin. The holes between the strings are a little bit bigger than the other racquet. We decided to change the racquet to try to increase little bit the spin again.
Is true that with this new racquet, probably I have less control. Not today. In theory I have less control. In theory I have more power and more spin, so...
But what I am trying to find with the new racquet always is a change. Always risks when you change things. But I like the racquet. I will continue playing with that racquet.

Q. Do you think it is more difficult today for players who are 19, 20, 21, to break through on clay especially than when you were that age, when you and Novak and Andy and others were that age? Is it more difficult today?
RAFAEL NADAL: Why?

Q. I wonder because maybe on clay it is harder to win points. Players now seem to be more physical, quicker, stronger. Does that make it more difficult for young players to break through?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I am not agree. When I arrived here, when I was younger than this generation, Coria, Nalbandian, Hewitt, Federer, Safin, Roddick, they have been young players when I arrived there. They have been 23, 24. They still young. So always seems like is very difficult when I arrived here.
I thought is almost impossible be there because there is all these players that they are there, and they are young. Will be a big, big challenge to go there.
At the end you are there, you have the level to be there. Is not tougher now or more difficult. Is a thing of level. If you have the level, you can be there.
Is true that what happened the last eight years on tennis, few players have been more solid and regular than probably the rest of the history of our sport. That's a real thing.
But the real thing, too, is Roger has I don't know how many years old, but is not young anymore. I am not young anymore. Novak is a little bit younger than the two. We are not anymore 23, 22.
So is a thing of level. If they are able to keep playing well, to keep improving, having matches on tour, in months or years, they will be there.

Q. There is no reason why someone who is 19 or 20...
RAFAEL NADAL: The reason that you say, I do not agree. Maybe because other facts I don't want to say. But is not because the players are more physical today. Is more level of tennis than another thing.

Q. You were very solid today. How much confidence does it give you, a match like today?
RAFAEL NADAL: I was practicing well before the tournament start. Had a good five days of practice here in Monte‑Carlo that I felt well. Always the competition is more important.
After what happened in Miami, sure is a test always a match that you play after what happened there. Was a good test for me. I repeat: the result is easy, but the match was not easy and the opponent was not easy. I was able to win with a very positive score.
I don't know how many unforced errors I did during the whole match, but for sure almost no one. I played with the right mentality, the right concentration. I didn't have mistakes in a row. That's something that happened the last couple months with me. I was able to play a few games good, then I played one game that I have four mistakes in a row or three mistakes in a row, something that I need to change that. Historically I am a player that I am a regular player, I can have mistakes, but not three in a row.
I am working on that to fix that. Today I fixed. Today I play solid. Today I play with no mistakes in a row. I play aggressive when I have to play aggressive. I hit some good passing shots than the last couple months, a thing that I haven't been doing very well.
I don't know what going to happen tomorrow. But today I go back to the hotel with fantastic feeling because I play probably the best match of the year for me.

Q. You may have to play John Isner tomorrow. What do you remember of the match you played in Roland Garros when you were down two sets to one? Also is this surface better for you because it's less quick probably than Roland Garros?
RAFAEL NADAL: I remember the match, yes. The surface is not slower than one in Roland Garros one. The court is smaller. That makes the conditions always a little bit faster than when the court is bigger.
He is a very dangerous player in any surface because his serve works well in clay, hard, indoor, everywhere.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports
http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=108399

#278 ·
After the match vs Isner:
R. NADAL/J. Isner
7‑6, 4‑6, 6‑3

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Yesterday you said it was probably the best win of the season. Is this one even better?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, is not even better. Is an important victory for me. I lost in three sets in Rio. I lost in three sets in Indian Wells. I lost in three sets in Miami. So break this straight three times matches in a row losing in the third set is important.
After the way that I play, I lost the second having Love‑40 for 5‑3, then lose 6‑4, have been little bit painful.
But very important the way I played the third. My mentality I think in the third have been very positive. The game, the level of tennis, improved a little bit in the third than in the previous two sets. That's very important for me.
Very happy to be in quarterfinals. Very important result for me.

Q. Is there anything in your game you're especially satisfied with after this match?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, is very difficult to play against John. You play under a lot of pressure all of the time. Is difficult to analyze all the things.
But in general I think at the beginning I played little bit too much behind the baseline. I think he had the chance to go for the winners too many times ‑ something that didn't happen in the third.
The third, my position was a little bit closer to the baseline, having more control of the point with my forehand. That's the most important thing for my game in any surface, but especially here on clay.
I think have been an improvement during the match. That is positive. But in general, as I say before, I am very satisfied about the reaction on the third. I think I played at the right level the third set.

Q. Playing on the baseline is something you have to make an effort to do because you prefer being further back or it depends on the confidence level?
RAFAEL NADAL: No. I prefer to be inside. I prefer to be closer to the baseline, no? Sometimes when you don't have that confidence or when you don't feel it, it's more difficult, no?
At the end of the day is question of feeling, question of confidence. When I am able to do it, is because I am doing the right things.
In the third set, as I said, I played with the right position. I had more chances to go with my forehand down the line or change direction with my forehand. In the beginning I felt I was in a defensive position too many times. Was difficult to find the right ball to change against his forehand.
I know is very important when I am playing John, I know if he hit his forehand from the backhand side, is almost unstoppable. He hit too strong.
If I am able to open the court there, the point is a little bit more neutralized. Is the right way to play against John when you are playing the point.
I think I was able to do that in the third because I had closer position to the baseline.

Q. The improvement in the key points, is it just that before maybe you were thinking too much and now you just play?
RAFAEL NADAL: Is something that is not 100% fixed. You need time, you need matches. You need to confirm that all the time.
Is true that in the last two matches I was able to do it better than what I did in the matches before, the previous tournaments. That's important thing for me.
As I say before, when I arrived here, I am not favorite for nothing. I am starting not from zero, but is a little bit like starting from zero. Every moment is important for me.
Talking about mentally, important thing is have the feeling I am improving things. I am feeling stronger again every time a little bit more. That will not come from zero to 100. Is by step by step. That's what I'm trying to do, being positive, trying to watch the things in a positive way.
As I say before, every match is important for me, important for my confidence. Today important thing is I played the decisive set with the right determination, at the right level. That's a good improvement for me.

Q. You just said you are satisfied. If I ask you to rate yourself today from 1 to 10, what would you choose?
RAFAEL NADAL: I will never answer this kind of thing because I don't know. 1 to 10, I don't know. If we compare with what? To say 1 to 10, we have to compare with another year, we have to compare with another moments of my career. I don't want to compare with other moments of my career.
Is a challenge for me to find again the positive feelings, the confidence, the feeling that I am strong again. Matches like today, third set today, helps to improve, helps to arrive to that place that I want to be. That's it.
There is no numbers. There is day by day. There is feelings. It was a good feeling in the third. Let's try to play another competitive match tomorrow against a very tough opponent. Probably will be David, as he is winning. Always is a big challenge play against David. Even when you are playing your best, he is a big challenge.
Tomorrow will not be an exception. With the moment that I am today, will be a very good test I think. He's one of the players that have been able to win more matches this year, so he is confident. He is playing well. He is one of the best players of the world. Is a good challenge for me. I'm excited to play that match tomorrow.

Q. If it was Gilles Simon?
RAFAEL NADAL: If it's Gilles, the match is a little bit different. But if is Gilles is because Gilles is playing very well. If you win against David, it means that you are playing very well. If is another match, will be a tough match.

Q. Rafa, does it feel like the new racquet can be the turnaround of your season?
RAFAEL NADAL: The turnaround of my season? There is no racquets, there is no strings, there is nothing outside of me, you know. There is myself. Always when I am winning, is myself. When I was losing, is not excuse for racquets, for strings, for shoes, for nothing.
The person who makes the things possible or not possible is myself. The racquet, always very satisfied with the work of Babolat, always trying to help. That's important for me.
But I know if I have to change the dynamic of the year, if I have to find the way that I want to find, is the work of myself. Nobody will do it for me.

Q. The weather has been cold a little bit. Does it affect your play? Does it change the way the court plays?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, the conditions change here. Can be like this. I played lot of times in my career here. I know how the situation can change. But that's not affect much. When the day is cloudy, is a little bit slower. Everybody knows that. But that's part of the game, no? Nothing else.

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=108421

After the match vs Ferrer:
R. NADAL/D. Ferrer
6‑4, 5‑7, 6‑2

THE MODERATOR: Questions in English, please.

Q. It seemed to me the moments you were struggling on the court, you had troubles with your forehand. Maybe there was a lack of depth.
RAFAEL NADAL: Sorry?

Q. You had troubles being deep with the forehand. Do you agree?
RAFAEL NADAL: When?

Q. The moments you were struggling on the court were because you had troubles with your forehand. Do you agree?
RAFAEL NADAL: I am not agree. No, not today.

Q. Another strong win. How do you feel?
RAFAEL NADAL: Very happy. I think I played at highest level after long time, for a long time, three hours almost.
Since beginning I played a great match. I had a big chance to be 4‑Love in the second. Probably if I was able to make that game, the whole match change and I will have the chance to win a little bit easier than what I did.
But at the same time a victory like this helps me more in terms of confidence, in terms of physical, in terms of mentality. The way I played the third after losing disappointing second, it was a great third set in terms of tennis, in terms of physical performance, in terms of mentality.
I was doing that very often last couple of years. That's the line. That's the way I have to do it to be back where I want to be. Today I have to say that I played the way that I want to play.
I was in the third, yes, because dynamic of the last couple of months have not been perfect. When you lose matches, the confidence sometimes is not there, and you don't catch the points you need to win the match a little bit easier.
But the way that I was playing today tennis, if that happens with more victories on my shoulders, I think I will have a good chance to win in straight sets.

Q. It was a kind of match you were looking for to get more confidence?
RAFAEL NADAL: Every day is a different day. Every day is a chance for me to improve, to be more confident, to find the feelings I need to find to play my best game.
I think, without doubt, this tournament have been the best tournament since the beginning for me in terms of concentration, in terms of nerves, general nerves. I didn't play with that nerves that I was playing with in the previous tournaments. I felt in the important points I have been able to play the way that I wanted to play.
Is true that I lost that game with 5‑4, but I didn't have mistakes. Probably in that moment I didn't play that deep with my forehand. But, you know, it's an important match for me. Is not easy to play that aggressive in that moment when you were not doing that for a while, no?
I lost that game. I accepted. I didn't have mistakes. He played well. He played aggressive. That's it. I could play little bit more aggressive, yes. But I didn't make nothing wrong. I didn't make nothing perfect in that game, but nothing wrong.
I accepted that and tried to find, again, the position in the third, playing aggressive game, open the court with the backhand and change the direction with the forehand.
Is a very important victory for me. Today is a very important victory for me for the confidence for the next couple of months.

Q. Tomorrow you have to play Djokovic. Maybe at the beginning of the tournament you were not too confident on your chances. What now? Has something changed after today? Do you know he lost five games in the first, four in the second, three in the third.
RAFAEL NADAL: No, tomorrow I am not favorite, that is obvious. When you play a player that is winning everything like he is doing, it is always going to be a very tough match to win, no?
He's playing almost perfect. He's doing everything well, winning all the matches with no many problems. So when the things go that well, is difficult to stop a player like Novak.
As I say before the tournament, no, is not my fight today. But tomorrow is a good match for me. Is another chance to be on court, to enjoy the match, to find again the feelings that I found today. Then we'll see what happens.
I love this court. I love the tournament. I am in semifinals again. That's a very, very, very positive result for me, especially the way that I get to that semifinals.
Let's play the match of tomorrow, try my best, fighting for every ball. I hope to be recovered physically because obviously I am not used to play at that level of tennis and that intensity for three hours in a tough match, battle, on clay. I don't know how I will be physically tomorrow. I hope to be ready.
If that happens, I am ready, I going to do my best as I do all the time. I know is a big, big challenge, but I don't have nothing to lose tomorrow. Is a good tournament already for me. I think I did the thing that I wanted to do here. I am sure that will help me for Barcelona, for Madrid, for the next few weeks.

Q. Facing Djokovic in the semifinals here is also a sign that you're back with the best. I would like to know if facing your main rivals ahead of major tournaments is something you like or do you prefer to avoid them before taking them on at the majors?
RAFAEL NADAL: I prefer to win. I not stupid. Playing against the best players, the chances to win are less than playing against another players, no?
I don't believe the players who say, No, I want to play against the best in the final. They are lying you. Everybody wants to play against the easier opponent possible to have the title at the end. The most important thing is win the tournament. Sometimes at the end of the day matters against who you do it because for personal satisfaction is a little bit better. Depends the opponent. But what stays there is the title for the rest of the story, not against you, not against who you won that title.
I prefer to play against an easier opponent than Novak, without any doubt. But I going to play with Novak tomorrow. I don't going to change that.
I have to be ready for it. It's a little bit early for me because I was playing little bit not consistent for the last couple of months, but I was consistent here. I don't know if three matches are enough to play that match of tomorrow. Tomorrow we will see.

Q. I'm sorry to move to a completely different subject. Martina Hingis will play singles in Fed Cup after 17 years of not playing singles. I would like to know if you think anything about it, what your reaction is to that.
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I think Martina, what she did in the story of tennis is very important. She was a big star. Is good to have the big stars around our sport. You know, is something that is great.
She's going to play singles, great. But is important to have the past champions, historic champions of our sport, close to our sport, no? That in my opinion is something the golf makes very well. You see in important tournaments always the past champions and the most important players of the history of golf there supporting the tournament. The tournament makes things for the historic players. Is something that in tennis will be good if that happen more often, too, because what makes the sport important are the new things combined with the old things, no?
Martina, she's a great champion, and is good to have her on tour, without any doubt.

Q. It will be the 43rd time you play against Djokovic tomorrow. At this point is there still something you can change in your game or guess in his game, or do you know everything there is to know?
RAFAEL NADAL: As I said hundreds of times, when you play against these kinds of players, when both are on the highest level possible, is just depends on the moment. The player who play better that win. The player who play worst lose.
I think is not the day we are at the same level. Is obvious he is in the highest level than me today, of confidence, of tennis, of titles for the last couple of months. Especially after Wimbledon last year that I didn't play.
Before that, we were there (equal). I am try my best to be back to that level to have again the comparation [sic] with a player like Novak. :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=108439

#280 ·
i think that despite losing, he played better against Nole than Ferrer. The score should be more close should he be able not to waste some break points chances and made some unforced errors. I am not saying he would win the match, but I do think he could win at least one set. Lets wish him getting better and better. We just have to accept he is no longer as powerful as before but I do hope he can still win some more clay titles :eek:

#281 ·
I totally agree Mimi, totally agree. And Rafa himself is still positive which is very good. His presser after the loss:
MONTE CARLO, MONACO

N. DJOKOVIC/R. Nadal
6‑3, 6‑3

THE MODERATOR: Questions in English, please.

Q. It is a defeat, but is not a terrible defeat.
RAFAEL NADAL: No. I think I played well for moments. Remain to be played a little bit more. As I say yesterday, maybe I don't know if was too early. I was able to play at the right level for moments to compete against very, very tough player, best player of the world like Novak is today.
But I get a little bit tired and little bit too early. Then when you get little bit tired, you play little bit shorter. Then is impossible against him, no?
If I'm able to play like the beginning for three hours, I can do it, then is a different story, no?
But in general, I think I was not that far. For moments I was playing at very high level. Him, I think he played great. Just congratulate him for the way that he's playing, the way that he's winning almost every match of the year.
For me is a very positive week ‑ the most positive week of the season, without any doubt. I think if I am able to keep doing that in the next tournament in Barcelona, that I have a tough draw, I will say that I am very well again.
The way that I played yesterday and for moments today is the way that I want to play. Just with more matches playing like this, I will be enough confident to play. That level will not be the exception, will be the normal thing. That is the thing that I need to make happen.
But in general, from where I came one week ago, two weeks ago, after what happened in Miami, I go to the next tournament with the feeling that I make a big improvement in my game, in my mental part.
I hope this tournament is a key moment for my season. :D :D

Q. Do you think the game at 3‑All in the first set was kind of a turning point because you started very well. This game was super long, amazing.
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, that game was very important. Yes, is true. I had a breakpoint that he played unbelievable. That's it.
Was 6‑3, 6‑3, but can't be much closer. I know that. I think he knows that, too. Everybody knows that. 3‑All in the second, 40‑Love for me, too, for 4‑3, and let's see.
But today was 6‑3, 6‑3. Just congratulate the opponent, congratulate Novak, accept. I know without a doubt if I'm able to keep going the same way that I was doing this week, I going to have my chances.

Q. Just looking at the numbers of this match, I notice that he played 12 winning forehands, and you just six.
RAFAEL NADAL: David or Novak?

Q. Yes, Novak. On the unforced errors with the forehand, you made 14 and he made nine. I want to know if you had the feeling that your forehand was today a little more problem than other times or not?
RAFAEL NADAL: No. I was hitting great the forehand. I had some mistakes when I lost little bit the intensity of my legs. When I was the right intensity, when I was playing with the right intensity in my legs, I was able to control the point all the time.
But when I lose little bit that speed, that extra movement on my legs, he's a fantastic player, no? He's phenomenal the way that he can move the ball to everywhere. If he take advantage from inside the court, you are dead. That's what happened, no?
I had more mistakes, yes. I had less winners than him, yes. But at the beginning of the match, I was having enough winners with my forehand. I was having enough times the control of the point. That's the way that I need to play.
No, I think was more in terms of movements. The forehand, in particular, I am happy the way the forehand moves. I was able to play, again, with that high topspin, changing directions.
Remain little bit more, but definitely I think the forehand is close to be back.

Q. How do you explain the drop in intensity? The fact that you are not used to playing big games since the beginning of the season?
RAFAEL NADAL: Probably. And I play a very tough match yesterday. We cannot forget that I get injury last year for six months. So for six months I didn't play no one match of intensity because when I came back I played three tournaments ‑ well two tournaments. Shanghai we cannot count. The rest of the tournaments is the first come back after four months. Is difficult to have a feeling on that.
Then Basel, having that appendicitis, probably is like I was not playing also. So six months without. I started the season without playing that kind of level matches. Only once for me. That was Indian Wells against Raonic. That is a different story, different style, different thing. But was a long match, high‑level match, only that one. Then yesterday, before yesterday, two more. That's it. Today another one. Even if it was 6‑3, 6‑3, the level of intensity and the level of tennis has been high again.
That's what I need. I am sure that if I am able to keep going, as I said before, in Barcelona, keep playing at that level, I will have a chance to be competitive again. If that happens, will be a big improvement for the season.

Q. Don't you think that the change of racquet at this stage of the season affected your game at all?
RAFAEL NADAL: Positive or negative?

Q. I'm asking you.
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. I played the best tournament of the season this week, so I don't believe. If I am having mistakes, it's me, it's not the racquet. I was having mistakes with the racquet that I was playing all my career the last couple of months.
The racquet is helping me. But the most important thing, what's helping me really, is I am with the motivation, the right motivation, to play tennis, the right motivation to work hard every day, and with the right attitude. That's why I was able to play better this week than the previous week.
I am working hard since I came back. But, you know, everything is a process. Arrives the moment that is a very important moment in my season, and I need to make that click that I need to be competitive again at 100%. This week was the first very positive news of my game after my comeback in the beginning of the season.
So the racquet, I don't need to talk about the racquet. The racquet worked well. I was able to play at a very high level with that racquet.

Q. Compared to last year's French Open final, do you think Novak has changed a little bit his way of playing on clay, or was it the same player you faced last year?
RAFAEL NADAL: You know, I don't know. I am not in condition to answer that. Let's see how the things are improving during the whole clay court season.
Always when somebody wins against the others, and the opposite is always the same thing: the opponent changed something. Novak was able to beat me in 2013 here in the final, too. He beat me in Rome last year, too.
He's a fantastic player. He can beat me all the time. But I am confident that if I am able to keep playing at that level for more matches, I will have my chances in the next couple of weeks. I going to try it.

Q. How much would you be surprised if tomorrow Berdych is going to beat Djokovic?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, one player is winning everything. That player lose, always going to be a surprise.

Q. But for you.
RAFAEL NADAL: I answered you. I don't know how much. Oh, what a surprise! I don't going to be like this (laughter).
But Berdych is a fantastic player. He's playing very consistent. Almost in every tournament he is there fighting for the final rounds. But is obvious that Novak is the favorite.

Q. You said yourself in the beginning that Novak is winning pretty much every match at the moment. He's won the only Grand Slam, all the Masters, on his way to another here. Is it possible for one player to win all the Masters and all the slams in one season?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yes.

Q. Do you think it's possible in this season?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, always is possible. Difficult, but possible (smiling).

Q. Will you be 100% for Paris, 100% fit?
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow. I don't know what's going to happen in three weeks, one month. I cannot predict the future. I am not that arrogant to say yes because tomorrow anything can happen in life. You have to respect all the things that can happen in this life to answer yes or no.
The right answer is that we'll see. I will do all the things I can to be ready for Barcelona, then for Madrid, then for Rome, then for Paris, if I have the chance to do it. Every tournament is very important. We'll see what's going to happen.

Like Johnny Groove's "we'll what's going on" :lol: ;)

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=108462

#282 · (Edited)
forget about MC, lets go Barcelona :woohoo: :woohoo:

#283 ·
Rafa is always my no.1, no matter he has hairs or not, or no matter he is still winning or not :banana::rocker::music::inlove:

I realised that coz I still felt super nervous whenever I watched his matches, despite that I should be satisfied of his achievements (14 slams that makes him equalled to the great Pete). I know that I am loyal but it still stunned me that my loyalty is still there after 10 years

i will be devastated the day he retired :banghead:

#286 ·
none of the new players meet my eyes, I found Rafa immediately after Pete retired, but where do I find another Rafa? :mad:

#287 ·
Oh my goodness Mimi, your tennis story is exactly the same as mine. I switched from Pete to Rafa and now I have no perspective...

#288 ·
:hug: :hug:

#289 ·
Sorry for you folks. :hug: I was also a Pete girl but still cried also when Andre retired. I know I know... :tape: :eek:
I'm not as passionate about tennis as I used to be but hey, that's life. I don't think I'd ever quit tennis altogether though. Instead of the big 4 (or whatever :lol:) I have 4 younger mugs I like, Raonic, Janowicz, Dimitrov and Nishikori. But I hope the 2 Aussie mates Kyrgios and Kokkinakis make it, I really like them, not sure about this Thiem guy, need to check him out a bit more but Austria could also use a new Muster. ;)
Tennis is a terrific game as such so I think I'll always be a tennis fan, too old for fangirling a player like I used to though. ;)

#290 ·
I think I will still watch tennis when rafa retired but with much less passion. Guess I need to support at least one particular player to make my passion goes strong. Or may be I am not really a tennis fan, coz I mainly love to watch my players' matches :secret:

I am glad that you have so many new players that you like but sadly I feel nothing about Ranoic, Janowicz, Dimi and Nishi. I guess I am ok with Del Potro but he is that young any more :angel:

#291 ·
I agree, mimi. I'll still follow tennis but not with as much passion.

The previous tennis player I was a huge fan of = John McEnroe. (this just as an indication that I don't get passionate about a tennis player that often)

Sure, I liked other tennis players since then, but no player really got my heart rate going since then. I used to get SOOOOOO nervous each time JMac had to play.
Given how much time there is between JMac & Rafa and given the fact that no current active player can trigger the passionate tennis fan in me, I'd say that it's safe to assume that my tennis fandom will calm down again when Rafa retires. I'll always like tennis, though, but there's nothing like passionately rooting for a team or an athlete. Being objective whilst watching sports is :zzz: for me. I have to take sides and then, get upset when the wrong team wins.

Anyway, Rafa's not retired yet. :)

#292 ·
Rafa is a lot more calm than John when playing on the court but both are great fighters :D

lets wish rafa to play many more years :tennis:

#293 ·
Yes yes, let's wish Rafa to get back to his very best now on clay! :bounce: :bigclap: :cheerleader: :bounce: :bigclap: :cheerleader:

I'm not a screaming fangirl (any more ;)) or as passionate as Hilde but indeed, watching a competition it's only natural IMO that you like some athlete or team more or want them to win.

#294 ·
Yes yes, let's wish Rafa to get back to his very best now on clay! :bounce: :bigclap: :cheerleader: :bounce: :bigclap: :cheerleader:

I'm not a screaming fangirl (any more ;)) or as passionate as Hilde but indeed, watching a competition it's only natural IMO that you like some athlete or team more or want them to win.
:yeah:

#296 ·
Can it get any worse...? I don't think so.
At least Rafa was vry objective in press conference and crtisised himself as I have never heard before...

#297 ·
Wow.... Never heard Rafa be this harsh and critical of himself saying things like "im ashamed and unacceptable". I dont know whats going on but i hope we'll get to see our Rafa back sooner or later. It feels like Space Jam where the aliens absorb the talent of athletes. He looks like Rafa but plays nothing like him.

Hopefully he can turn it all around.

#299 ·
i don't know what to say, he was still decent against Nole but :shrug:

may be it clearly is the end :tears:

#300 ·
Ahhh Mimi, we 2 old crybabies. :eek: :lol:
Naaah, I hope he can still win some, if he stays healthy and still has the will to work. I certainly wish him all the best for the next tournaments, the clay court tournaments in Europe are all so beautiful.

#301 ·
Foggi is not really that powerful so I don't know why Rafa sometimes just stood there and allowed him to hit the forehand winner :confused:

or may be, magic appears and he gonna has some rejunvenation next year :secret:

#302 ·
I was supposed to eat a lot tomorrow with my old colleagues at the big lunch buffet, now I am losing appetite since rafa lost. You know, the Eujropean tourney suits my time quite well, I can't watch rafa during us series but damn it, he lost so soon so now I have nothing to watch :banghead: :fiery:

#303 ·
go go go, onto Madrid :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

#304 ·
the king is getting old and slower, but his haters are still so afraid of him, make every wish to sink him down :lol: :cuckoo::silly:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.