Mens Tennis Forums banner

2008 Standings, Labamba succesfully defends title :worship:

3K views 37 replies 5 participants last post by  Labamba 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#28 ·
Re: 2008 Standings

23 rounds completed, Labamba gained ground as competitors scored low.

#29 ·

In the 24th round, keqtqiadv forgot to post picks and Labamba took advantage, taking eight points, but it could have been worse. Although keqtqiadv loses his record of scoring every round since the beginning of CC, he can still say he scored in every round he competed in, which is also pretty unique. Also interesting is the victory by TMJordan, ending a long bad streak that started virtually in the spring. RezNik did very well in the last two weeks, scoring two second places in a row, a feat that only the top four in the standings (Labamba, keqtqiadv, Boarder35m and JMG) have achieved earlier this year.

#30 ·

In the 25th round, JMG gained some ground to keep him in contention for the season title.

#31 ·

Labamba and keqtqiadv dominated the 26th round as they do the overall standing. Labamba leads the titles leaderboard with four wins.

#32 ·

Mincheff won his second title in three weeks in the 27th round.
Meanwhile Labamba is close to deciding the championship (he is also doing well in the next round). Although Labamba has been helped by keqtqiadv missing two weeks, there is no doubt he will be a deserved winner.

#33 · (Edited)
After 29 rounds, Labamba has decided the championship and defends his title. Congratulations Ville!

What is interesting is that Labamba started slowly and did not achieve better than 5th place in any of the first ten rounds despite consistently scoring some points...but then he stepped up and went on to win five rounds and get 2nd place two times, which no-one has come near to over the whole season.

The last two rounds were particularly good for two relative newcomers from the US, Glab311 and Snoo Foo, well done. :yeah:

Only one round is left, in which JMG still has a chance to take second place in the overall standings with a good round. Labamba still needs to score points one more time to attain the record of having scored points every round.

#38 ·
After 29 rounds, Labamba has decided the championship and defends his title. Congratulations Ville!

What is interesting is that Labamba started slowly and did not achieve better than 5th place in any of the first ten rounds despite consistently scoring some points...but then he stepped up and went on to win five rounds and get 2nd place two times, which no-one has come near to over the whole season.
Thank you very much :) Gotta say your work here and in the other games has been nothing short of brilliant this year, respect! :worship:

I didn't expect to defend my title and for the large part of the season it looked like one of my two main rivals Murilo or Jan would take it. Then I found my old form, though winning 5 rounds was surprising to me. Not sure if I'll continue next year, but this really is a fun game and a great way to test your knowledge of the challenger circuit.

#35 ·
The final round saw some shifts in the places 7-10 with seulCONTREtous rising to 7th place. Glab311 completed a very impressive last three rounds.

Labamba has won the season with a 44 point lead from keqtqiadv. So it is very unlikely that keqtqiadv would have been able to come to close to Labamba if he had not missed two rounds. In all respects Labamba is the deserving champion.

#36 · (Edited)
Medal Table

Note: There's an obvious error in the table, Labamba has five titles, not four.

#37 ·
Well done Labamba!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.