Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Armada Dictionary

14K views 166 replies 23 participants last post by  Edda 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Seeing that some of us invented some new words, me and Sjoukje came up with a dictionary thread. :D

So what words have we got:

Ferlicious (by Iza)
Nandoish (by JJ)

post your proposals here ;)

#127 ·
:lol: especially with a little help from the other nando chicas ;)

#130 ·
Hope-Lalo: contraction of "Hopeless Lalo" (=Feliciano Lopez). Invented by the Nando Chicas during AMS Madrid, Lopez against Ginepri, where the former almost got bagelled.

#136 · (Edited)
Darlings (think I have been watching to much 'Friends'!!) I think we need to put a copyright on the words here, I am finding they are being used more and more by the general public!
I was flicking though MTV and saw that Fergie bird from the Black Eyed Peas and she was singing about being 'Fergalicious', well if I am not mistaken that was started here with 'Nandolicious'.
We could ask for royalities from the song!!!!

#139 ·
speaking of quotes :eek: I haven't posted them in ages :awww:

#138 ·
we could have a whole series of books!!!

Life and Loves of the Chicas
Chicas Diaries
What Not To Wear by the Chicas

Maybe we could even make a dvd!

#141 ·
we could rule the world!!
They would make little dolls of us!

#143 ·
The action figures are alot more expensive!!!
The chicos will all have their own little 'Chica Doll' collection!!

#146 ·
haa haa they will be soooooo beautiful
I think the shops will sell out of them in the first 10 minutes!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Sean.J.S.
#150 ·
Tell me, is "de Nando" in The Armada Dictionary? If it is, and you don't already have this, here's a phrase: "Es Verdasco" = "es verdad" = that's right [literally, that's the truth].

#151 ·
Nandoing = doing things for or relating to Nando

#164 ·
How apt this is now :sobbing:

#158 ·
:haha: :haha:

#159 ·
Rafanatic
Royally Juanqui (He was named after the King of Spain)
"Tennistically"-Relating to tennis in general, used by Juanqui
"Death by Rafa (Ferru, Juanqui, select favorite Spaniard here)-Phenomenon created when various members of the Armada are playing, a state of heightened excitement making you feel you will pass out.

De nada/De Nadal

#160 ·
Armada Fever/Spanish Fever

Not to be confused with the deadly pandemic of 1918. This phenomenon can still send one into a highly feverish state. One gets a hot, excited feeling watching one's favorite Spaniard play.

Symptoms:

Hot feeling
High excitability
Possible fainting

As the fever rises, an unusual delirium may take hold. All the Spanish you learned in school suddenly comes back to you. Can happen even if you aren't from Spain and don't have any known Spanish ancestry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.