Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

160K views 5K replies 29 participants last post by  ProdigyEng 
#1 ·
So many posts, we went through that last one so fast :D

New chat thread :rocker:

#786 ·
Well, it was pretty cold today, -2°C and a wee bit of snow. How is the weather in Coimbra?

As far as the explicit ads go, a buddy of mine said the same thing happened to him a while ago (not with MTF), it apparently stopped after a couple of weeks. I´ll ask him about it next time I see him.

#790 ·
I will later tonigh when I come back home and find my phone :tape: It's somewhere at home I know that much :tape:

Thank you :hug: feels weird calling you trollicki :unsure:

Also, the weather is good here, not too cold and we had sun today :D

Now I gotta run! I might disappear again until Friday, but then the first season of exams is over :D

#794 ·
Sarah Rafferty? Think so. For Donna, I mean.

Today I saw Silver Lining and Promised Land. I'm conflicted about seeing Les Mis. I'm not that fond of the music. There are two songs I enjoy, but by an large, it's not a favorite of mine. I'll go if Rafa insists tho. :p

I think a friend wants to go to a movie tomorrow. Maybe Impossible. I've already seen Argo, and she doesn't want me sitting there telling her all the time where the movie departs from real life. :D

#795 ·
What did you think of those two? I loved Silver Linings and friends of mine liked Promised Land :p

I kind of want to see Django.. yet kind of don't really want to see Django.

#796 ·
I saw Les Miserables and absolutely loved it.I'm not into musicals,but the songs and music were catchy and well executed.Plus I adore this story since I was a kid.
Django is next in the line,although I never had the nerve for Tarantino.

#810 ·
Life of Pi looked visually very nice, but I don't feel like I'm missing out not having seen it :shrug:

Django, I feel like I should see it :lol: but I don't think I'll like it :lol:

Thanks star for your reviews :D

#808 ·
Oh, forgot to comment on S.L P. and P.L.

First, these days I"m always thinking movies are too freaking long and drawn out. Yes, I get that the guy is in despair, but I got it 5 minutes ago -- move along already! Big corporations are always an easy target, but the issues aren't so clear cut all the time either. So, sometimes I get a little irritated by preachiness of some movies. For instance Argo that portrayed the Lone Cowboy going up against the system -- First, it never happened, and second, it never would happen.

Back to the issue. P.L. has good actors and they are enjoyable to watch. The story was a bit simplistic, or so I thought. Bribing public officials is a crime, and certainly would not be done so casually. But, I get the point. This is a bit like that George Clooney movie I enjoyed, but was left feeling that setting up a big corporation like the KGB, was a bit of an easy story line. What was the name of that movie? Tilda Swinton was in it too.

Silver Lining Playbook for me was a nice feel good rom com. I'm always a bit uncomfortable with the idea that mental illness can be overcome simply with the love of a good woman or in some other easy peasy way. Oh, and that "dance" wouldn't have scored even a 2 in a ballroom competition. :lol: :lol: I wanted to say to the actor --- YOUR FRAME!! Where is your frame? Straighten those shoulders! Also, is Jennifer Lawrence tall or is Bradley Cooper short? He's a very attractive man anyway. And what was the point of having Martin Lawrence in the movie? I thought his character was entertaining, but it added zilch to the story line. It smacked of marketing to me.

:lol: So you can see what it's like to go to the movies with me!! :lol: Luckily, I rarely speak while a movie is playing. I got some good laughs out of S.L.P. Also some out of P.L. I think John Krasinsky (or however it is spelled) is a very appealing guy.

#814 ·
I guess I´m the only one here that unequivocally wants to see Django :lol: I´m fond of Tarantino´s style, that larger-than-life quality of his characters make his films all the more enjoyable for me. Still not sure if I should go see Life of Pi - on the one hand I hear quite a lot of praise for it, on the other the subject matter (or what I have seen from it) does not appeal to me :shrug:

#815 ·
For star. And so true. :hearts:

I am not a fan of Tarantino. I especially disliked Inglorious Bastards. I love History especially 20th century, more precisely WWII and post war, so I see no point in a movie like that. I cannot tell you how much I despised the movie. :tape:

Did you watch him in that interview with the Brtish journalist? :p

#818 ·
I know. :awww: I feel weird saying it, but I miss him. :awww:

You mean that interview where he freaked out? :lol: I heard about it, but I don´t know if I want to see it. Personally I like history a lot too, but alternate histories do not bother me if done in an interesting manner, which for me was the case with Inglorious Basterds. Christopher Waltz especially just stole the show in that movie.

BTW, did you manage to get rid of those annoying ads?
I am just going to say it because I like creating chaos: Tarantino is one of the most overrated directors of all time if not the most. :D :p

I loved Waltz in IB though. He saved the movie. :shrug:

I haven't been posting from phone so don't know. I will figure it out after Friday. :)

My favorite director is by far Sam Mendes, Skyfall being one of my least favorite movies of him, but I still liked it very much. Just didn't love it as much as I pretty much love every other movie that he has made. (He didn't direct that many movies, which for me is a good sign too.)

The funny thing I that I don't even like him that much as a person, but I love him as a director.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.