Not open for further replies.

RafaChat Part 28

56K views 5K replies 39 participants last post by  Peta Pan 
#1 ·
so nalby or richie?
i'm in a spam moment:p

#89 ·
Re: The Pre-AO Anxiety Chat Thread

I'm not too worried about the draw TBH. I hope I won't regret saying this but I still feel as if there aren't that many people that can take Roger out in a hard court slam :scared: He can't have Rafa in his half and I'm not sure who I'd prefer between Murray and Nole.

#162 ·

I'm not too worried about the draw TBH. I hope I won't regret saying this but I still feel as if there aren't that many people that can take Roger out in a hard court slam :scared: He can't have Rafa in his half and I'm not sure who I'd prefer between Murray and Nole.
claire :bigcry: jinxing rogi beyond belief. not that i'm getting a fedal final anyways :sad:

Murray is ALWAYS in Rafa's half.

He was in Fed's half of the draw about 3 times last year. :shrug:

I like Rafa and Fed's chances over both Nole and Murray in best of 5. Rafa making the semis is unlikely though.

So true.
this is how true fans should talk, downplay the chances and no jinxing :cool: rafito :inlove: please please please make the final :worship:

I wish I could, but we don't get 360 where I live. I'm stuck on an audio feed. :yawn:

EDIT: Alimony negotiation. :worship:
if anyone needs alimony things sorted out, they should take heart knowing that law schools are doing their best to churn out good negotiators :D

The men's hasn't started yet, WG. Don't worry, Jordan is just trolling. :lol: :hug:
thanks kelli :hug: also hi!! :wavey:

jordan :mad:

#90 ·

oh yeah Aussie draw tonight

as long as John keeps playing the safety battles with Ding he cant lose

he's too good in that area

#92 ·
#95 ·

:rolls: Mikey.

[pray]Please let Muzza be on Fed's side of the draw[/pray]
I don't know which way around I prefer it, to be honest. I think Fed is more likely to make the semi than Rafa, so if Andy lands there, then he more likely has to go through Roger just to reach the final. If he lands in Rafa's half I think he gets a tougher semi-final but there's also more chance Rafa won't get that far so he could end up with an easier one unexpectedly.

That's assuming Andy reaches the second week. I'm getting nervous :)

#111 ·

Adam, no idea if you're going to read this but just in case you're tempted in the (not so) near future to vbet on Darcis: he's still suffering from an elbow injury apparently.
:lol: thanks, could be useful for TT. There's not much chance of me backing him against anyone in the Aussie Open draw though :eek:
JM guitare is harder than I thought it'd be, I may need another week to master Hallelujah :(
And then you'll post a video? :hearts:
Here it is :eek: sorry for the bad sound, that old bass amplifier isn't best stuff :eek: basically the verse is A,D and the refrain : D,F#m :p

http://www.dailymotion.com/jmpowerantonius/video/x81f4i_all-i-want-is-you_music
Nice :yeah:

When I saw the song title I thought you were singing Mariah :haha: :sad:
i lost again in vbet today omg:eek:
OMG you still have like 2 bazillion. Stop betting so sensibly ;)
JM I think I found something even easier to play: the beginning of REM's everybody hurts :lol:
Snorefest song :zzz:
Okay here's the thing. If you're Roger Federer, anything you say is news. If he's happy to answer questions that stray into the areas of other players' setups, or aspirations, or expectations, then fine. It'll get reported and polarize people. His fans will get defensive that it's not like he said anything way out there, his detractors will paint him as arrogant and playing mind-games.

I think he'd be better batting away questions about other players and their things, but that's just my opinion. His fans can hardly complain if he keeps feeding the media with lines, even if fairly non-controversial, about other players. Of course people are going to jump all over it and take sides. That's what the media does, that's what fans do. He doesn't have to feed into that, but he chooses to do so.
Not that I like defending him, but can I just say.....tennis is pretty irrelevant in most people's lives. Let's put it this way. Not once has Federer been in a newspaper here because of something he's said. Yes a few hundred people on MTF might make a big thing of it, but in the grand scheme of things hardly anyone gives a shit. Not just in this country, but most. Roger could come out tomorrow and say he thinks he's the son of god and he'll never lose a tennis match again and most people wouldn't care.
[pray]Please let Muzza be on Fed's side of the draw[/pray]
*nods*
:rolls:

She's arrogant in such a nice way :inlove: RogiGOAT should learn some lessons from her.

#159 ·

Yes Metis :woohoo: How was it?
It was good :yeah: but not impressive. Not too many arias actually. For every aria there was an orchestral piece from an opera. 7 arias in total and 4 encores (the Greek public won't let you get away easily :D).

I wasn't very happy with the orchestra (National Orchestra of Athens) but that was to be expected after being used to the Boston Symphony Orchestra. :sad: The conductor was funny, a young, slim and very tall guy, extremely energetic (sometimes it looked as if he was trying to dance ballet other times as if he was happily skipping around on the podium :lol: )

Kaufmann was good but nothing extraordinary. I liked his voice and I was expecting a bit more after he sang the first aria. He sang Recondita armonia really well and I thought he would warm up and get even better, but he stayed at the same level.

The encores were: Il lamento di Federico from Cilea's Arlesiana (my favorite tonight as far as performance is concerned), 'Non ti scordar di me', 'La donna e mobile' and 'Dein ist mein ganzes herz'.

I am attaching the program. Most of it is in Greek but you have taken classes so you'll be able to figure it out I guess. :cool:

Attachments

#132 ·

Linda:hug: from now on I will make a point to say hello to you every time:awww:

I have 48 slides and I am supposed to present only for 20 min:scared: I have no idea how to cut it down:scared:

Edit: Nina on GM:rolls:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.