Mens Tennis Forums banner

*~!Waskeholics Unite!~*

39K views 340 replies 40 participants last post by  Smoke944 
#1 · (Edited)
Alexander Waske.

I've only noticed him this year from challengers basically. Has he produced any good results or more of an average player?

Kristen. :wavey:

Attachments

See less See more
#103 ·
Re: Alexander Waske

Athie, to some parts I can understand it because Ferrero really has some good reasons to his name. And he has shown raising form and he could be very well in there for a few won rounds. But on the other hand, it's not the most unusual thing that WCs are preferably given to some home players and Ferrero had enough time leading up to this event to improve his ranking enough to make it directly into the main draw.

Anyway, I hope that one of the German WC guys wins at least wins a round. Maybe Lars does it or Alex has a good day. Petzschner is almost a no hope for me, Kohlschreiber could do it, too, but he was so utterly bad the last days and has showed nothing at all since making the Australian Open 4th round :(

#104 ·

I'm not happy with the wc's at all. I mean it's good enough for Waske to play the doubles event, I don't see a reason here to give a singles wc to a player, who only showed some good results in doubles. And I fear he will get one in Halle,too.

Waske/Kohlschreiber/Burgsmüller are probably the only players Petzschner can beat on a good day. I still don't understand why they always play the wildcard tournament for Hamburg on indoors.

#106 ·

:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:
oh noooooooo, Alex was serving for the match at 6-4 *5-4, 30-30, just two points away from victory, and then couldn't get it done. He allowed Robredo to get awake just in time :sad:

He finally lost 6-4 5-7 3-6

That would have been really a nice surprise if he had beaten Robredo!

#107 ·

damn Alex :banghead: , didn't realise he was so close. And I can't stand Robredo either :fiery:
Good luck with Kiwi in the doubles!

#108 · (Edited)

Well, I thought Alex played really well! Too bad he couldn't beat Robredo, but I think he can still be proud of himself! :yeah:

#109 ·

I was really impressed with the way Alex played against Robredo – some great net play :worship:
The only thing that I really don’t like to see Alex doing is having a temper tantrum and questioning calls too often – it lets him down and I’m sure it blows his concentration. He’s just passionate I guess :)

#110 ·

:lol: Yeah, that must be it! ;) Baby's got a temper! :p
I didn't see any images of the match BTW, just the result. But the digits said it all, really! :)

#111 ·

Kiefer/Waske def. Aspelin/Perry 6-7(6) 6-3 7-5 :yippee:

I followed it partially on the scoreboard, intense match!
Hopefully Alex did most of the work, because Kiwi has to play singles tomorrow! ;)

#112 ·

nice win over a good team :awww:
I'm proud of Simon for winning a tiebreak. Very unSwedish of him ;)

#113 · (Edited)

Alex Waske's most recent entry on his homepage:

04.05.2005 : Ostrrava II
I beat the biggest a-hole ever, by the name of Daniel Koellerer, 6-3 0-6 7-5 in a tough and very dirty match. I will play against Vicente on Friday...
The German version is more like: "I just played against Koellerer, who is probably the biggest a-hole on the ATP Tour. It was a very dirty match, that should have been rather played in a boxing ring" ...

LOL, I like it that he has the guts to call this guy frankly an a-hole ;) ... Koellerer is really :cuckoo:

#115 ·

JMG said:
I thought Koellerer wanted to change his behaviour. :confused:
Hm, no idea about Köllerer's behaviour right now... I didn't see him again since St Pölten last year... maybe he is again there this year... and in Kitzbühel! (if he makes the qualies, not sure if they give him a WC again, even when he is Austrian *g* LOL)

#116 ·

OMG :hug: I love these guys that are so open and honest about things like that!
Nice work Alex :yeah: now go and play doubles with Jurgen again please :angel:

#117 ·

There's a nice report on Sport1.de about Alex (only in German, unfortunately), about him playing doubles with the other German guys as preparation for the Davis Cup playoff in September. He's even skipping the qualies for the French Open so he can take part in the World Team Cup in Düsseldorf.
Here's the link: http://www.sport1.de/coremedia/gene.../ten_20doppel_20experimente_201305_20mel.html

#122 ·

:lol: Yeah, Alexander looks like he's either so happy that he's crying... or Haas is hurting* him in some way :lol:

#123 ·

Good luck in the doubles against Argentina Alex and Tommy!

I have to admit I did not really know who Alex was until World Cup and of course my heart beongs to Tommy, but Alex is very sexy indeed. Not to mention quite a talented player. The two of these boys together on the court is intoxicating.

#124 ·

This guy is hot , Alex, i'm your new fan :drool:

#125 ·

Thanks Alexander Waske for the spirit, effort and double skills you brought to this success :worship:

It was refreshing to see! :yeah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.